What do you do when you sell a beat?

S

seven1

lol I never sold a beat so this is only why i'm asking. once i've recieved the payment, i'm not sure on what to give the buyer. I use FL Studio 6, so should I export the project file as a zipped loop package, that way it includes all the kicks and soundfonts e.t.c. or should I save the melody parts as samples and not include the soundfonts. If somebody could help it would be much appreciated!

one thing u should do is render each track seperatley....other people with more experience will tell you more, but you can also use the search function, because this has been covered a lot already, might have all the info u need

I would not send him the project file. If you send him the project file with all your sounds, then he has all those sounds to keep and can make new heat with them.

If you are sending him the beat, Track it out in wav files. Such as, One wav file for kick, one for snare, one for hihat, one for sample, one for piano etc etc. If the artist does not want the beat that way, but wants the whole file, just send him the wav file.

Just ask the artist how he wants it and do what he wants, he's the one you should be asking.

SP

When I sell a beat most of the time the artist just wants the high bitrate MP3 to do a rough mix on, then they come back a few weeks later for the multitrack protools session. I always remove m mixing tweaks and leave everything panned dead center because the engineers always change it anyway.

i take all my effects off the master channel(maximeizers and compression) and export each sound as a .wav, and i send them the whole song put together as a .wav.

cntspitfiya said:
i take all my effects off the master channel(maximeizers and compression) and export each sound as a .wav, and i send them the whole song put together as a .wav.

best way to do it there

never ever delt with a label or client that wanted mp3's

Back