What is the best way to start a good fan base? A REPLY would b NICE

B

BrikCityWF

What are some good ways besides blogging and youtube to put your music around on the web to get a fan base started and get your music noticed?

a reply would be great.

Thank you.

-BRIK

Shows, pay for features to tap into other peoples' fanbase. Check out wendy day, she blogs about shit like this all the time and is way smarter than us.

1) Find people who think and act like you and give them a reason to listen to you. Present your music as the voice of them.

and/or

2) Make undeniably good music.

There are no other options. Good luck.

Last edited:
Well I am a person that believes if you want something bad enough you can get it, it just takes major balls. I will admit that I have not yet got the balls to go around town and get my name out but that is all about to change because I am getting serious about figuring out what I want to do with my life now being that every time I wake up I know I just wasted 1 second of my life doing nothing. At least if you fail you can cross that off your list.

Anyways I don't know but what I plan on doing is once I get my equipment to make a mixtape. I'm not sure if I should maybe make a small cd and give some out for free to get my name out or just go out make a mixtape and sell it for some profit so people take me serious. i was going to make a demo but I feel we are at a day and age where hell you might as well cal the mixtapes demos because thats how people seem to get their name out there. The best part is to me a mixtape can be brushed aside if somebody doesn't like it. Mixtapes is what I'm going to do to get my name out around town. I will probably give some free cds out around my town for free then start selling for small cash until I get my name out. Of course I'm going to be on youtube ect but Its probably best to do things out in the real world. I'm going to collab with as much people around town as I can, collab online, and try to put my mixtapes in stores if they let me.

Thanks for the feeback man. Send us the link to your music would love to hear it man

1) Have something that they are interested in.

2) Seek to make FRIEND BASE. Not a FANbase. There's a big difference.

1) Have something that they are interested in.

2) Seek to make FRIEND BASE. Not a FANbase. There's a big difference.
Very good point on the "Friend Base". Don't act like a spamming bot on Twitter for example. Relax and be a person, tweet about other stuff sometimes. Also try and be innovative in the way you present your music. How can you exclaim your artistic ability in a way that not a lot of people do?

just start putting yourself out there. once you get that part down start visiting other's pages and giving genuine feedback. people appreciate that alot....or atleast fans that you actually want to have.

Make some music and promote it. Shoot a HD video and promote it. Drop a mixtape and promote it.

Examples:
Shoot a video and promote it through a Youtube campaign
Drop a project and buy the ad bar or the featured spot on Datpiff
Drop a project and press up thousands (5k,10k, 20k,etc) of units and pass them out for free

Rinse & repeat. Slowly but surely you'll begin building a following. You just need some decent music and a solid budget to promote.

Too many people interested in getting all the benefits of hard work without doing the work. Shameful and unproductive.

You can't sit behind a closed door and wait for a label to come knocking on it.

It is unwise to try to build a fan base from the outside in. You don't build a house roof first.

Peace.

I hate to say it but twitter may be the biggest thing on this earth right now. Why not use it? Go out and follow artists just like you. Its nice every once in awhile to go follow someone without 3million followers. Have a good picture with a nice bio (obviously with a link to your music) if you look interesting you may get a follow. Even if they don't click that link you should be tweeting your music and they'll see that. It's a very slow process but if your serious enough you can get the job done

Do EVERYTHING.
Proprietary websites.
Facebook works.
Youtube works.
Twitter works.
T-shirts work.
B-girls(club chicks) work.
Telephone pole posters work.
Business cards work.
Merchandising works.
Birthday parties work.
Summer Jams work.
Bar Mitzfah's work.

To be flat out honest, if a b-girl doesn't like your music on a "fan" level...scrap it until she does. Word of mouth is ebola when it comes to gettin a fanbase. Get out, meet some women and put them on the payroll...then they'll turn all their tricks/boyfriends and husbands into PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Last edited:
Be very very good... better than your competition at every level.

Yes and get a record deal sooner rather than later.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Do EVERYTHING.
Proprietary websites.
Facebook works.
Youtube works.
Twitter works.
T-shirts work.
B-girls(club chicks) work.
Telephone pole posters work.
Business cards work.
Merchandising works.
Birthday parties work.
Summer Jams work.
Bar Mitzfah's work.

To be flat out honest, if a b-girl doesn't like your music on a "fan" level...scrap it until she does. Word of mouth is ebola when it comes to gettin a fanbase. Get out, meet some women and put them on the payroll...then they'll turn all their tricks/boyfriends and husbands into PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Bottom line is this, you can put your name in front of someone's face 100x and they'll forget you before you leave the room, but if you blow their mind once, you've got a fan forever.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

I hate to say it but twitter may be the biggest thing on this earth right now. Why not use it? Go out and follow artists just like you. Its nice every once in awhile to go follow someone without 3million followers. Have a good picture with a nice bio (obviously with a link to your music) if you look interesting you may get a follow. Even if they don't click that link you should be tweeting your music and they'll see that. It's a very slow process but if your serious enough you can get the job done

Twitter is bullshit, don't waste your time, just get good, get a deal, and let them deal with this.

Back