(Video)Music Prodcer Icons: Polow da Don.. thoughts and opinions??feedback?

I like what yo doing, but I don't think u should talk about how bad or good the vids r doing in the video. Respect

I like what yo doing, but I don't think u should talk about how bad or good the vids r doing in the video. Respect

because people keep asking why my video time keep getting shorter for this series..... the show itself isnt doing bad at all (doing well in terms of new subs)... the watch time avg is lower and as a responsible youtube mod, I adjust my video time keep my engagement level of my audience up... you gotta remember that vine videos are usually 15sec and far more popular than a youtube vid thats 4mins long

How is he an icon?

several #1 hits in multiple genres of music... helped re-invent artist career.. grammy nominated..helped develop new talent.... multiple top 200/40 hits... I can keep going but I have to get ready for my DJ set at this festival...

He was famous for using Garageband loops right?

like taking other peoples work and making it your own hasnt happened in music ever right? you cant be serious....... how do you think Heavy Metal, Funk, Disco, Hiphop, and EDM got big??? Especially Hiphop and EDM

do yourself a favor and get educated on the "Amen Break" and Lyn Collins "Think" and see if you havent heard almost every music producer use those records to create there own.............. NEXT!

using the amen break aint the same as using generic apple loops or massive presets. Think is also a much better song, that is played by better musicians, and has better sound overall. I like his drums, I think he is great at drums, not so much at playing.

it is the same....... sampling is sampling regardless..... as for using presets.... are you seriously judging producers for using presets? everyone uses presets...who in they right mind has the scientific and mathematical knowledge to tweak a sound until it sounds like a brass??? and Im great at addictive/subtractive synth design but only because its much easier now vs the years when you had to learn how a circuit board works and you had to KNOW CALCULUS!!

but I would love to hear your music and since your judging so highly.....

I always thought he was playing the Super producer role too early in his career. He first started as a rapper if I'm mistaken, made a few hits songs for Rich Boy and was acting like he was the reincarnation of Timbaland and the neptunes. I remember him having that generic sound. I was more into warmth analog like rhodes keyboards and mini moogs and I just remember Polow being the polar opposite of that with the those thin electronic sounds. He started off great with this sample. See how soulful music can sound with samples:

Last edited:
He was famous for using Garageband loops right?

:cheers:

I guess sample clearance was too expensive so he settled for royalty free loops(lol). See Just Blaze and Kanye back then rather still use the sampled songs because they felt like they could make more money making the best possible song even if it did cost them.

Last edited:
I always thought he was playing the Super producer role too early in his career. He first started as a rapper if I'm mistaken, made a few hits songs for Rich Boy and was acting like he was the reincarnation of Timbaland and the neptunes. I remember him having that generic sound. I was more into warmth analog like rhodes keyboards and mini moogs and I just remember Polow being the polar opposite of that with the those thin electronic sounds. He started off great with this sample. See how soulful music can sound with samples:

and this is proof that you didnt watch the video.... lol I pointed several hits and #1's.... mind you, your stuck on the point that he used a apple loop sample and mad that he make it a huge hit record (mind you that it was a Top 100 overall #1).. if it was that easy than why dont you have a hit record on your hands?

anyways, comparing him to Timbo and the Neptunes is very fair might I add that Polow has about the same amount of #1's that they do... thats the other thing that you probably didnt care to research while you were "playing the fool".....

finally, you guys need to WATCH THE VIDEO b4 posting recklessly... I kid you not you look and feel a whole more intelligent while making your appeals..lol the funniest thing about the childish comments is that he is on his way to making another smash with Nicki Minaj like it or Not

and this is proof that you didnt watch the video.... lol I pointed several hits and #1's.... mind you, your stuck on the point that he used a apple loop sample and mad that he make it a huge hit record (mind you that it was a Top 100 overall #1).. if it was that easy than why dont you have a hit record on your hands?

anyways, comparing him to Timbo and the Neptunes is very fair might I add that Polow has about the same amount of #1's that they do... thats the other thing that you probably didnt care to research while you were "playing the fool".....

finally, you guys need to WATCH THE VIDEO b4 posting recklessly... I kid you not you look and feel a whole more intelligent while making your appeals..lol the funniest thing about the childish comments is that he is on his way to making another smash with Nicki Minaj like it or Not

He has had hits and dope songs but he is just not on the level that Timbo and the Neptunes are for me.

I obviously knew of the man before you made the vid. Why does it matter to you other's opinions of the man? Please elaborate.

Back