Video Of Me Shouting Out Fp......and Promoting My Debut Remix Cd

damn i just got the cd and it's pretty good. i'm gonna do a little review for people on fp.

The cd opens with his Me & U remix which sounds pretty good and rivals the original version. Although it contains more instrumentation compared to the original and the various synths that sound straight out of Ryan Leslie's arsenal. The only thing that i didn't like much was the bridge. The track is mixed well and the vocals and beat go well together.

Next up, is a remix of Let's Make Love by R.Kelly. Although they sounded good. The drums were a bit too agressive and the hihat was annoying and took away from the overall mix. The horns and guitar sounded live sounds and it sounded like a live sounding track. I absolutley loved the bridge and the synth sounded really thick, it sounded like the original beat. Compared to the previous track, it sounded very different and although some choose to make the track order match, the difference between this and the previous track show Garbz's versatility.

A remix of Promise by Ciara is up next. It was a very laid back sounding beat and it was in the same style of his Me & U remix. The bass sounded very good in this and the others and the slides and other things Garbz did with the bassline sounded good. The track sounded radio ready.

Shorty Like Mine is one of my favorite tracks i've heard from Garbz and i felt that the beat surpassed the original beat so much and it gave the song so much more personality. The synth complements the kick very well too. The original beat is catchy but is very empty and this beat "fills out" the entire song much better.

I'm not going to breakdown the entire thing because that will take way too long and there's no need to. Needless to say, Garbz is a very talented producer with a very "industry-ready" sound. I can hear many of these remixes as being the original songs. I can see Garbz becoming a very talented producer who will make many hot songs.

Tracklist:
1.Me & U by Cassie
2.Lets Make Love by R.Kelly
3.Promise by Ciara
4.Shorty Like Mine by Bow Wow
5. Enough Cryin' by Mary J. Blige
6. Showstopper by Danity Kane
7. Say My Name by Destiny's Child
8. Lord Give Me A Sign by DMX
9. Sex Love by Ne-Yo
10. Come To Me by Diddy
11. Unfaithful by Rihanna
12. Turn It Up by
13. Make It Rain by Fat Joe
14. No Matter by Penelope Jones
15.Jamaican Girl by Obie Trice
16. Pulling Me Back by Chingy
17.The Way You Move by Ryan Leslie
18. Mary Had A Little Lamb [Slow] by Garbz <<this one is a little beat based off Mary Had A Little Lamb

Thanks everybody for the love man.....

yeah i checked out tunecore and signed up, so the cd will be up on itunes worldwide real soon....good looking out on the review man

yeah i did want it to sound like an infomercial......i need to recoup my investment man.......let the whole world know......Garbz:Get Familiar;The Remixes.

Garbz

Dude for like a signature move you should slap people when your talkin to them like.you at the bar
"hey ma how u doin can i buy u a drink?" *she looks away*
*SLAP* "pay attention"
so what did you say your number was
*SLAP* "i said give me your bloody attention"
lol jk

yea jus start slappin hoes he was jus workin his pimp hand out

Garbz, ur ish is dope man.... really I hope u make it in the industry.

Garbz you are one funny dude. Talented too. Nuff respect and all that. You are definately on your grind cuzzo.

hey garbz.. you gotta watch out when you use other people slogans. I believe clinton sparks uses that tag and you may get sued. I know you are trying to get your name out there but be very careful .

but you do have a industry ready sound and I hope you do well.. Check out some of my youtube clips I posted. Im coming for you. lol..

Last edited:
Great work on the remixes. Top notch work.

Stupid question though...

I'm hoping one of the posters to this thread can answer this.

There have been about 4 posts in this thread about using taglines and slogans; yet I dont understand how you can sell a remix CD and not be subject to legal action.

Please let me know how this works, really looking for info from you guys. peace.

Last edited:
Back