Turntable FM Relaunch

theonlybman

Turntable FM totally redesigned there site, Kinda got the feeling this is going to be the new go to place for music (over Pandora and Spotify), its really socially interactive.

Give it a look.

P.S. I haven't checked out the hip hop stations on it yet, but I bet they're really good

Last edited:
I remember posting about turntable.fm when it first launched out of beta to the mainstream. Nobody commented on my post then and it looks like nobody's going to comment on your post now (except me of course :D). I really thought this could be a revolutionary music discovery platform, but I just think the team behind the website didn't innovate enough to overcome it's shortcomings.

Instead of turning into a chill, relaxed place where people could listen to new tunes and spin their favorites, it turned into a fiefdom of a few tyrants who had popular rooms and acted like complete douchebags for whatever reason. I can't tell you how many rooms I sat in for 2 minutes straight where I didn't hear any music because the person in charge of the room kept kicking people off so they can give their cronies or whoever was in line at a certain point, some spins. It's like, somebody just play some f*ckin music already. Also, they would kick you out of the room for making any kind of comment they didn't like just because.

And let's not even get on the hip hop sections. All it was were people playin old dusty b-side cuts from niggas you barely even heard of, claiming real hip-hop. When someone tried to play something remotely current or recognizeable, they'd get booted out the room so quick you'd wonder wtf just happened. That place was hardly the spot to discover new hip hop music, but if you want to discover electro or j-pop, turntable.fm might be for you.

Bottom Line, they need to completely get rid of kicking people off turntables and booting people out of rooms because people don't know how to act with that feature. I would code my own version of turntable.fm focused on hip hop and none of that booting people out of rooms bullsh*t, (and actually started doing so in Flash, I think HTML5 is not ready for prime time yet) but time eludes me. Turntable.fm had me for a moment, but then lost me

Last edited:
Back