Top 5 Overrated producers

Wow @ the shots at legends, groundbreakers, style inventors, the inspirations that make you label your own beats "trap", "club", ect. All y'all are doing in this thread is explaining why you don't have the ear to ever make good enough music to amount to shyt. #HarshReality

It's different as a producer to not be impressed by their technique, that just means you're capable of doing the same stuff they do(which as a producer, you should be able to do), but to not understand why their sounds were embraced at their times, and to have no respect for it tells me you don't know where to begin making half as good music as they did in a time where you're gonna have to do better to get ANY recognition.

They've came and gone, left contributions that father what you do, where's yours?

Last edited:
I never understood how someone could be considered overrated. But if I had to make a list:

Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan
Dylan

I noticed kanye was on alot of peoples overrated list.He has weird beats but if you think about it he revolutionizes the game with every cd he makes hes too ahead of his time

I noticed kanye was on alot of peoples overrated list.He has weird beats but if you think about it he revolutionizes the game with every cd he makes hes too ahead of his time

His beats aint weird.
The only thing thats annoys me about Kanye West is that he is extraerrogant sometimes, which is where the game went. He just followed.

^i didn't like yeezus. a couple tracks were all right. but i thought it was wack. actually didn't like watch the throne too much either. this is all opinion of course.

but everything else was at least a 4/5 IMO.

Last edited:
I wasnt feeling Yeezus either but i think it will be like 808s n heartbreaks. People will catch on to it later.

I dont know how these people are saying timbaland isnt a good producer tho

I didn't have him on my list but I can see why people have him on it.

I really only enjoyed Pony by him to be honest.

He does alotta stuff that people just dont know about. Makes alotta beats for jay as well. You didnt like Hola Hovito?

1. dr. dre cause he doesnt actually fully produce his shit
2. kanye for the same reason above
3. pharrell cause i personally think his beats are wack
4. lex luger cause he used the same formula over and over and now his hype is dead
5. young chop same reason above

In no particular order:

Swizz Beatz
Zaytoven
Eminem
Kane On The Beat(or Kane Beats)
Statik Selektah

Top 5 underrated:

Illmind
Jake One
Dj Scratch
Sid Roams
Black Milk

Last edited:
Wow forreal Swizz Beatz? And Eminem? Explain yourself please.....

Sure... Swizz uses very repetitive patterns in his current beats(which i can't even name any, he hasn't made hot beat since "on to the next one"), and in his beats starting out, that casio sound got annoying really fast, don't get me wrong, he has hits and is a good producer, its just that his beats are very easy to duplicate and don't impress me much... I think a lot of his success has to do with the rappers he came up with(ruff ryders, jay-z), instead of actual talent...

With Eminem, it always sounds like he just learned how to put a beat together yesterday... Only beats i ever liked of his are impatiently waiting, renegade, and robin and gatman, and i think that has alot to do with the artists on the song(big 50 fan, i like jay-z, and i think em is one of, if not THE best, lyricists of all time)... All his other beats sound the same and are interchangeable as far as variety goes... Great lyricist, mediocre producer...

Last edited:
^i don't think eminem is overrated as a producer, i don't think anyone has him in their top 10 (or top whatever, period) who actually follows producers.

i agree he should never produce another track unless he improves but definitely not overrated.

Back