TonyG shyt on sites like PMP

V

Voss25

So y'all know that G-Unit A&R TonyG has recently started doin some live streams. I've been wanting to catch one of his streams and was able to see about 10 mins of one last night before I had to do some international meeting thing. When I came in, he was talking about sites like PMP and saying how he doesn't really **** with them cuz he doesn't have time to go thru unfiltered material. He says he already has a network of ppl who filter the crap out and bring him the best beats. Even then, he has thousands of beats to go thru. Why would he bother going thru a PMP track dump that's not even filtered? He doesn't have time for that.

Now the disclaimer to this is that he's linked up with MusicPlacements, so it doesn't do him any good to bigup any other site, but what he says actually makes sense.

Just felt like ppl who missed the stream should know this. Take it for what it's worth and make your own decisions.

* Troup, this is in no way an attack on you. I know you love PMP

Why would u even bring my name up? Just cuz you want people to pay attention to your thread??

If u listen to everything some industry clown says, then that's on you. Clearly he has no idea how PMP works. And it's not on me to tell him...or you.

IndustrySound.com is a little over a week away from launching, and that's what I'm focussed on...not what some ass clown who's albums ain't selling thinks about a website that I don't even own.

Now let him talk sh!t about IndustrySound.com, then we'll have a problem. Until then, good luck to him selling records.

i would edit that part out TROUP.. he has an account here and he in a position where he can black ball the helll outtta you...

scared money don't make money if u ask me... TonyG's just another person with his own lane/opinion...

@ troup
tony g isnt an artist hes ............im assuming an a&r?
dont really know his exact job description but he doesnt have an album lol

either way though isnt musicplacements the same thing?
you pay them they let you submit?
or you mean to tell me i get to pay to have my music submitted then they filter it out so im NOT heard by the artist?
cuz thats horrible

unless they screen you first and then if youre good enough they allow you the blessing of paying them money

find a good arist, record him/her/them, sale it, do vblogs, promote it, do shows, get alil money and repeat. guys like us should be focusing on our own brands, these industry guys are a mess right now. Even they can't shut up and work, they even need video blogs and youtube rants to keep up. Sad.

you mean to tell me i get to pay to have my music submitted then they filter it out so im NOT heard by the artist?
cuz thats horrible

unless they screen you first and then if youre good enough they allow you the blessing of paying them money

I would get a pmp account if there was a screenin FIRST.. but there isnt .. anybody could get an account on pmp and submit for these track dumps... meanin every a&r that uses PMP has to go thru a million wack beats before hearing something they could work with UNLESS they have a team that filters the wackness.. BUT THEY DONT SAY THAT so........

Why would u even bring my name up? Just cuz you want people to pay attention to your thread??

If u listen to everything some industry clown says, then that's on you. Clearly he has no idea how PMP works. And it's not on me to tell him...or you.

IndustrySound.com is a little over a week away from launching, and that's what I'm focussed on...not what some ass clown who's albums ain't selling thinks about a website that I don't even own.

Now let him talk sh!t about IndustrySound.com, then we'll have a problem. Until then, good luck to him selling records.

I brought your name up so you wouldn't catch feelings, but you still did. I don't care about FP fame. Look at how infrequently I post on here.

So are you trying to tell me that pmp DOES filter the track dumps? If so, let it be known then. I think that's valuable information ppl need to know.

@ troup
tony g isnt an artist hes ............im assuming an a&r?
dont really know his exact job description but he doesnt have an album lol

either way though isnt musicplacements the same thing?
you pay them they let you submit?
or you mean to tell me i get to pay to have my music submitted then they filter it out so im NOT heard by the artist?
cuz thats horrible

He's an A&R for G-Unit. He also manages a few producers and says he's got 22 placements for them so far this year (I didn't verify this claim).

Musicplacements is the same, except that I believe they won't accept your membership if you suck. After that, I don't know if they filter the crap out again, but according to TonyG, they do. He says they bring about 15 beats a week to the labels.

I'm not endorsing that site...I'm just repeating what I heard him say. Some ppl that missed it may wanna know.

find a good arist, record him/her/them, sale it, do vblogs, promote it, do shows, get alil money and repeat. guys like us should be focusing on our own brands, these industry guys are a mess right now. Even they can't shut up and work, they even need video blogs and youtube rants to keep up. Sad.

Co-sign bro. I see placements as a supplement to what you just said. Say you get 2 placements at $5000 in one year. Big fukkin deal. That's $10,000 upfront. Who knows how much backend you'll get and when you'll get it. You gonna live off $10 Gs for that year? lol

Wow! That's wzup fam! :cheers:

i would edit that part out TROUP.. he has an account here and he in a position where he can black ball the helll outtta you...

I don't give a sh!t. I just said he should probably concentrate on selling records instead of what PMP does or doesn't do, cuz clearly he don't know what he talking about.

And to the op, I caught feelings cuz you brought my name into some sh!t that ain't got nothing to do with me.

If anyone has any questions about PMP, they should probably email them instead of gossipping in an Internet thread...

support@pmpworldwide.com

Thread closed.

I saw this as an opportune time to advertise for Troup's new site....
I don't see any need for aggressive typing.... just my opinion.....
If any industrysound.com coming soon should be posted up like gangbaster in here!

I will be co-signing Noyzi and dwells ..... as a producer who believes in covering ever aspect of the game .... y'all 2 gave the best advice.

Honestly, if ur gonna chime in, make it productive. I'm just posting this for ppl that missed it. I found what he said to be interesting. Now, if he's mistaken, like you claim, then go ahead and say what you know about the situation.

And don't act like you don't know why I mentioned you. I was trying to keep you from getting upset, but that clearly failed.

Now go ahead and explain why you think TonyG's mistaken....

And don't act like you don't know why I mentioned you. I was trying to keep you from getting upset, but that clearly failed.

Now go ahead and explain why you think TonyG's mistaken....

Oh I know exactly why you mentioned my name...so that people would pay attention to your little thread.

And I'm not explaining anything. You wanna know something about PMP, then CONTACT THEM. I do not run that site, nor am I anything but a member and a featured producer.

They are an upstanding, professional bunch of guys who will answer any questions that you have about the site.

Either PM Abom, or email support@IndustrySound.com.

Oh yeah. And I should be getting a PMP check soon. I'll be giving it away during one of the beat battles on INDUSTRYSOUND.COM!!!

:bat:

ass clown lol.. i hope you know some SEO skills troup.. if not.. if not holla at yah boy!! are you starting this website.. which really should be a blog... built off of the wordpress foundation

Ok... well im kinda hesitant on putting my 2cents up here cause i sense just a tad bit of hostility.

@ Troup.

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION first and foremost. I dont know the OP, and i kinda feel like i know you from being here and in your streams. but i really dont think he used your name to get attention to his thread or he would have put it in the Title. Im JS. Then real talk, when i think of PMP, i think of you, pause. lol Because u have the PMP shirt on in your Avatar. Which automatically makes u the PMP Goodwill Ambassador. (Thats a compliment right?) I hope so. I think he just didnt want u to take it as he was supporting that musicplacement site and sh*ttin on a site ur a featured producer on. Big ups to the development of your site and i like how quickly you responded to the changes and bugs that needed to be fixed. :::thumbs up:::

@ Noyzi...

U get a big fat cosign. Being an somewhat old head, u gotta different mindset on the game and I like how u think. BTW... CHECK NOYZI OUT ON BLOGTV!! HELP HIM GET HIS SHOW OFF THE GROUND. He's tryin to do good things for the online hip hop community. www.blogtv.com/people/noyzi

@ Kaminota...

LAWL!

Sorry for going all twitter on y'all. I just thought id give my 2 pennies.

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back