Thoughts on Young Thug

EarDrummerz

I listen to a variety of rap from Eminem to dizzy wright to YG to Kendrick Lamar and Young Thug, what are your thoughts on young thug? I personally like his music

I haven't really listened to much from him besides I'm a stoner and Danny Glover. kinda incoherent, but somehow enjoyable...

He won't be around in 6 months. Enjoyable for now. No hate, think of all the other guys around 6 months ago who are now M.I.A.

We do have to sooner or later understand that throwing out any old talentless f**k on a halfway bangin beat can make for a tolerable record, but it get's old quick and people move on.

He's another one trick pony in a time when the crowd is only attracted for a second before moving on. At least he's keeping people interested in the skirts he wears, that's why I give him 6 months instead of 3.

Last edited:
His deal is absolutely terrible, he has all the odds against him. That being said, I can see alot of people gettin into him and checkin him due to shock value. Not sure how long he'll be around though

he has a catchy voice.. but he needs more hit songs... he has a few catchy songs which isn't enough to sustain a career

He is on a bunch of features. As long as he stay on those features, he will be straight. As most of the successful artist were popular feature artist.

^^^Just like Migos, Durk, Keef, Young Scooter, ect. It's all about what you consider "around". But these days I guess "around" doesn't mean what it used to. If you can't do around 100k on the board(album or single will suffice)I can't really call you "around" anymore. And your label won't either.

I dont think he has much talent so he wont last long mainstream... Proly why Cash Money got em so they can get a cut of whatever he does make in the time being

young thug is alright, pretty much average (for a trap rapper.) i kinda like the new gucci thug mixtape that came out today. weird ass image though IMO. i agree with all those who say he won't be around long.

All I've been listening to all week is Yung Lean, and Young Thug lol

One of my favorite rappers rn.

^^^Just like Migos, Durk, Keef, Young Scooter, ect. It's all about what you consider "around". But these days I guess "around" doesn't mean what it used to. If you can't do around 100k on the board(album or single will suffice)I can't really call you "around" anymore. And your label won't either.

yea pretty much. they just happen to get carried but their production 90% of the time.

Back