Ten Beat Commandments by Kanye West

J

jalricha

*Taken from the Source October 2002 Issue*

RULE ONE: If you a producer-rapper, save the heat for yourself-I mean you ain't getting that heat from nobody else.

RULE TWO: Don't play your beats for up-and -copming producers ain't finna buy ****, so that, there, is useless.

RULE THREE: Dont send tracks to any-and everybody who asks. They'll have your **** on Pro Tools cause that don't cost no cash, enen though you signed a deal under the label.

RULE FOUR: Still take a few stacks under the table.

RULE FIVE: If you brand new, it;s hard to get your name. I had to do a lot of ghost beats to get in the game.

RULE SIX: But if you do get a chance to play beats in a rapper's face....Dont play no gangsta **** for Will Smith or dance beats for Face.

RULE SEVEN: Dont be starstruck and track your beats before you get you first half. Cause thats the perfect way to never get your first half.

RULE EIGHT: Is just like rule No. 4080: Industry people are shady. **** all that negotiationg they try to get you caught in. I tell them, "Look, I do the beat, my manager do the talking".

RULE NINE: Get a decent rapper to rap on what you got in the stove. Cause I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for Hov.

RULE TEN: And when you get hot, don't let them screw you on your beats. Tax them niXXas, cause ain't no telling if they'll love you next week.

jalricha said:

RULE TEN: And when you get hot, don't let them screw you on your beats. Tax them niXXas, cause ain't no telling if they'll love you next week.

that's the ganksta sh!t right there. he said tax. damn!!!:bigeyes:

When I read that in the SOURCE I was like damn!

I cut that out and framed it!

That was dope though.

jalricha said:

RULE TWO: Don't play your beats for up-and -coming producers ain't finna buy ****, so that, there, is useless.

Wow. Words of wisdom right there..................

Back