Taylor swift - country or hip hop?

KO07

Taylor Swift is a country sensation. I don't know about you but I think her new album "RED" isnt country. Her genre of music has changed from country to Hip Hop. Taylors love for Hip Hop is expressed through her new album that I believe is better then her country ones. What do you think?

I agree 100 percent you couldn't be more right like what the he'll is with that

Taylor Swift is a country sensation. I don't know about you but I think her new album "RED" isnt country. Her genre of music has changed from country to Hip Hop. Taylors love for Hip Hop is expressed through her new album that I believe is better then her country ones. What do you think?

hip-hop is a culture
I think you mean rap
here are some of the elements of the Hip-hop culture
1.B-Boys(break-dancing)
2.DJ'in
3.Rap
4.Graffiti
and so on
I think her album will most likely fall into Pop/Country than Rap

-Coach Antonio

I prefer her last album. It was definitely more country than this one.

I even heard some dubstep attempts in one song on this new album. I was like FAIL.

She knew what she was doing when she had T.I. come out at one of her concerts....had Clifford looking like he was being pimped(what hardcore Taylor Swift fans are going to say "Hey...I like this gangster rapper...let me go check out his tracks").

In Taylor Swift's early days, she was country singer.
now she is both pop and country singer

hip-hop is a culture
I think you mean rap
here are some of the elements of the Hip-hop culture
1.B-Boys(break-dancing)
2.DJ'in
3.Rap
4.Graffiti
and so on
I think her album will most likely fall into Pop/Country than Rap

-Coach Antonio

Hip-Hop has 5 elements:

1 MC-ing
2 DJ-ing
3 Break-Dancing
4 Graffiti-Writing
5 Beat-Producing

Who agree's?

Last edited:
I think Taylor is more pop than anything. Actually smart move IMO as far as competition is concerned. It'll be labeled Country/Pop but I think it only get's it's Country/ because of the Nashville connection.

lmfao how are yall gonna generalize hip hop like that? hip hop is a way of life man. freedom and expression and stories etc.

there are dudes with missing teeth and levi overalls who are more hip hop than black dudes in the trap who's only goal is to be the hardest ever.

hiphop is lifestyle imo. no matter what you say, hip hop is the heart and ANYONE can be hip hop. go listen to older hip hop interviews. its about freedom. not having only a few things that is just hip hop.

wow if there was ever a way to put hip hop down and make a artist put the mic such as my self,this would be the way like fataltone said its a culture a way of life not just a sound that some wack producer put down,sorry but taylor swift come of it.

hiphop is lifestyle imo. no matter what you say, hip hop is the heart and.
ANYONE can be hip hop. go listen to older hip hop interviews. its about
freedom. not having only a few things that is just hip hop.

Hip hop ain't no culture. Hip hop is rap music.

Dudes been trying to sell that culture lie for decades now. Nobody cares about graffiti or DJing or breakdancing. If you rap, you are hip hop. If not, you don't matter.

Back