Sway Exposes Troy Ave Freestyling on Phone

Yea i seen this, Sway wasn't having that shit and he purposely
made sure he aired him out right after he finished his part lol.

Notice that as soon as he exposed him Troy quickly went into
defense mode, started moving funny and had to pull out money
as a copout lol...

Pathetic.

Last edited:
lls...
classic...
i like how once he got embarrassed he went into nigga overload mode...
-Damn they seen me...
- F_ck it...look how much money i got tho...

Last edited:
Most the shit that gets passed as a "freestyle" on that show are just pre-writtens anyway. I don't see what the big deal is. Nigga wanna rap from his phone-let him.

Troy Ave was so insecure with his rhymes, he pulled out money as a distraction(lol). Just a sign of the times;money over skills.

Most the shit that gets passed as a "freestyle" on that show are just pre-writtens anyway. I don't see what the big deal is. Nigga wanna rap from his phone-let him.

Is it too much to expect a rapper these days to at least recite memorized rhymes? They rap for a living and dont have a nine to five. It's the least they can do with all that free time on their hands. No work ethic whatsoever.(lol) I know rappers dont memorize all of their song material before they go to the studio but a rapper should at least have a few writtens ready at all times. Even if they're not the battling type, you have to be prepared for those interviews.

Last edited:

Not "Most the shit that gets passed . . ." but "ALL the shit that gets passed . . ."

Troy Ave was so insecure with his rhymes, he pulled out money as a distraction(lol). Just a sign of the times;money over skills.

Money over skills is the reason why Hip Hop is dead.

Is it too much to expect a rapper these days to at least recite memorized rhymes? They rap for a living and dont have a nine to five. It's the least they can do with all that free time on their hands. No work ethic whatsoever.(lol) I know rappers dont memorize all of their song material before they go to the studio but a rapper should at least have a few writtens ready at all times. Even if they're not the battling type, you have to be prepared for those interviews.
If you're not being paid to perform (because that's what it really is), why waste energy reciting anything? The point of an interview is to talk and promote, if they want live bars, they can pay up.

Last edited:
If you're not being paid to perform (because that's what it really is), why waste energy reciting anything? The point of an interview is to talk and promote, if they want live bars, they can pay up.

No f*ck that shit...

If you're a rapper, in a competitive field, you better come correct.
Why? because all the greats in the past did. Of course noone is
expecting you to come off the dome, but you better have some
memorized lines that you use exclusively for moments like this.

Jay Z came into Hot 97 and murdered that Grammy Family "Freestyle"
and till this day about 90% of those lines have never been used in
any of his songs... this is Jay Z, the peak of rap... if Jay Z takes the time
to say "you know what, let me memorize these lines so i can use em over
here" then i don't want to hear excuses from these younger rappers.

Last edited:
No f*ck that shit...

Most lyrics from grammy family are actually on most kings.

No f*ck that shit...

Competitive field? LOL, ths ain't the 80's anymore.....Competitive, LMAO! You really think hiphop is still competitive in this day and age? When any nigga with a YT account, a cruddy pc, and soundcloud can potentially blow up off of just one song? Helllllooo Mcfly, get it together....
Naah, if hiphop was competitive as you say, we wouldn't be having this discussion because we wouldn't be talking about an rapper kickin' iphone bars.

What's the point of even asking rappers to rap live anymore in interviews? I'd like to hear Sway's opinion on the matter. All you guys are doing is killing your generation's legacy. 15 years from now when discussing the history of rap you'll hear about previous rappers starting from the 70's & 80's, continuing with Pac, Biggie, Ice Cube, Scarface Nas, Hov, Eminimem, 50 Cent. They'll say rap took a nose dive after this and rappers started making songs like Laffy Taffy. They'll then mention Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Chief Keef, Lil Durk, French Montana, Riff Raff and Troy Ave and say rappers then were strictly about commercial sales & the money. It was no longer a culture and about being respected for your skills as a rapper or your artistry.They stopped rapping and freestyling unless they were paid , bought Phantoms and Bugattis but the Battle rappers slid in, filled the void and became the true lyricists even though they didnt make songs or become rich.

Last edited:
If you ain't a freestyle type of rapper than you ain't a freestyle type of rapper. I mean for real. Some of the dopest freestylers can't make a song to save their lives though, cause they don't understand structure. To me give me a rapper who can make a good song as opposed to who can freestyle better

its ok to use your iphone bc a dope verse is a dope verse no matter what, but he was silly for so obviously trying to conceal that he was doing this. Sway didn't even have to move the bottles.

Troy ave was unprepared for something he should have expected, and its just laziness on his part or his team's for not telling him to have some shit ready.

Back