Something is wrong 50 cent / G Unit

TazzyOnline

Producer/Lyricist
Something isn't right with the movement.

I understand 50 cant go back to the street songs and he has to evolve as an artist as time goes on but is his time up or is something just missing.

I loved the latest album animal ambition but it was still a hit and miss situation. His other albums Im still playing.

Also I've been waiting so long for this G. Unit Reunion and the feeling I had after summer jam wasn't the same either.

I know im half living in the past excepting the same shit but still.

Times change, people change. Enjoy the old G Unit. The industry is in shambles and rappers today want to be pop stars. 50 comes from that cloth when rappers went against the grain and the status quo. Today rappers want to be mainstream. It's a totally different mindset today. 50 definitely went pop himself but his G Unit projects were more street oriented especially when he had Young Buck.

Last edited:
"50 comes from that cloth when rappers went against the grain and the status quo. "

In 50's time, everybody was doing gangster rap. He wasn't going against the grain. The game changed and he didn't.

Haven't we really moved on from this G-unit thing? They were the big dawgs back then, but its not like they wre revolutionary or even more skilled than the average rapper, they just had a cool image that people liked.

Haven't we really moved on from this G-unit thing? They were the big dawgs back then, but its not like they wre revolutionary or even more skilled than the average rapper, they just had a cool image that people liked.

Couldn't agree more and like a number of acts they were "by numbers" gangsta rap as the genre had since become exhausted pre and post them.

Last edited:
Yup but young buck had the south diddy bopping to that "I Know You Want It"

tumblr_m5gnej0LAL1r5ya5ko1_250.gif

What would of been funny is when 50 was on that "how to rob" shizz. If Kendrick came out with that control verse . That would of been a battle I'd gladly pay to watch.

People will disagree only because they were blinded by the 50 Cent hype also......in the same way they were blinded by LeBron's hype.

I was sooo BLINDED. Because I was a big 50 cent fan I never really gave any other artist a try in g.unit. I think the first person was Yayo then Banks and never really paid attention to buck till late! Plus anyone 50 cent had beef with was off limits to me. Now im going back listening to ja rule, fat joe etc and they all got hot records. I blame 50

Something isn't right with the movement.

I understand 50 cant go back to the street songs and he has to evolve as an artist as time goes on but is his time up or is something just missing.

I loved the latest album animal ambition but it was still a hit and miss situation. His other albums Im still playing.

Also I've been waiting so long for this G. Unit Reunion and the feeling I had after summer jam wasn't the same either.

I know im half living in the past excepting the same shit but still.

their time has just passed.. it's hard for old rappers to stay above water in the music game..

50 Cent a studio gangsta and a wanksta, so his is lame ass G-Unit. Buck wear fake jewelery too lololol.

Last edited by a moderator:
"50 comes from that cloth when rappers went against the grain and the status quo. "

In 50's time, everybody was doing gangster rap. He wasn't going against the grain. The game changed and he didn't.

Gangster rap was still a subgenre. 50 left that stratosphere when he sold 11 million copies.

He is just not street anymore, he changed. You can't do something good if it's not real. That's my look at it

Just because he changed zip codes and amassed a fortune does not mean you cant catch a beatdown on stage by his boys and get your chain snatched(lol) At 1:40, his boys in the far right beat down a rob an old associate who comes onstage. Dont get it twisted 50 is still very street. The fact he's wealthy allows him to keep that independent mindset where he doesnt have to kiss everyone's azz.

The bigger issue with G Unit is that he's almost 40 years old and it's a harder act to sell at this stage.

Last edited:
I was sooo BLINDED. Because I was a big 50 cent fan I never really gave any other artist a try in g.unit. I think the first person was Yayo then Banks and never really paid attention to buck till late! Plus anyone 50 cent had beef with was off limits to me. Now im going back listening to ja rule, fat joe etc and they all got hot records. I blame 50

I've been mentally ruined by overratedness for quite some time now. And it's never the artist or ball players fault. It's the media and the ignorance of the public every time. 50 = LeBron to me. 50 was to be of and surpass "Pac's" greatness. Lebron was to be of and surpass "MJ's" greatness. The people who are fooled are the ones that never got a chance to witness greatness "without" the media telling them so. 50 talks about the reality of getting shot.......next thing you know rappers were getting shot.......there is always a pattern.

Why shit be so fake to me. Because everybody expects and works hard for "THE HYPE". We have found a glitch that is not as easy to do as it appears but we know of it's existence. We are not fans anymore, we are zombies being told. We have no since of belonging any more because we belong to the media. Foos were getting shot on purpose to prove they were real. Then after that, all these rappers getting caught with pistols...like damn.....niggas getting years for rocked up 14k gold glocks and shit. Getting hyped up by internet thugs and shit. Like "you a pussy if you have security around you"....and what some of these rappers do? Walk around like they untouchable. But for what, though?

See...they tried to tell our ass T.V would ruin us. It did. Then video games.....and the internet just finished us off.

Man...WTF....it's like I'm not suppose to think this shit is hilarious right? I mean as a sane person I'm suppose to feel bad for this situation. I shouldn't be laughing this hard. Some crazy MFer went suicidal on some FTP shit........that's not funny.....that is sad. How the hell you hop out of a Dorge Talon with an AK47 like it's nothing....likr you do this everyday or some shit? Dude robbed a liquor store and jacked a Talon with an AK47.....like damn man!

You probably laugh to, though. Because T.V....video games......internet ruined you to. We are so fuucked that we don't care....don't know to care....or we know to care but don't care to care. It's like rap messed up up to. All we heard in the 90's is IDGAF....then we rap that shit...and some how we end up taking pills for depression and shit. And then in todays times we get away with shit because we took pills that offically tell us we are crazy......because we don't give a fuuck...because rappers told us they DGAF.

But we give fuuck when WE ARE TOLD TO........feel me? You didn't give 2 shits about Trayvon....you were TOLD TO give a fuuck. See how you have been trained? You got a Trayvon Martin hoody walking down MLK and shit..........you should have plenty of hoodies with a bunch of different names of each one. It's not "our" fault, though.

I'm done....

Can't wait to see Nicki's booty bouncin for Anaconda......media makes me care for booty. Why do I care about booty? Why do women with big ole booties act similar to each other? Or do they really? Like the lunch room lady was a freak in school with that big ole chunky booty........but hell we in kindergarten....we little boys get a hard on just for being in kindergarten....so it ain't yo booty. Yeah...I heard the lunch room man talking bout how he used to hit it......USED TO......he could be lying....he might have though....because she act like all them other girls with big booties. So does a big booty have some kind of connection to the female brain? Like is it just destined for white women to want ass surgery because mentally there is unbalance chemicals in the brain that craves that shit?

NO!!! I'm the lunatic who loves a nice firm booty and shit. I'm the nigga that needs pills because I'm crazy. A sure sign someone is mentally insane is if they would rather have a skinny chick with a nice ass that turns a little fat when it's bent than one that got stupid ass.....ass that when she do jumping jacks it makes "clop, flop, clilop, plop, clop" noises and shit.

I'm done........

Last edited:
i was never a fan of 50 cent. just an average east coast rapper IMO. and he was better than banks and yayo. not to say get rich or die trying isn't an excellent album, but a lot of rappers would shine with that production.

game i like but i liked doctor's advocate better than the documentary because of the lack of g-unit on the album.

buck was pretty solid, haven't checked for him in a long time though.

i was never a fan of 50 cent. just an average east coast rapper IMO. and he was better than banks and yayo. not to say get rich or die trying isn't an excellent album, but a lot of rappers would shine with that production.

game i like but i liked doctor's advocate better than the documentary because of the lack of g-unit on the album.

buck was pretty solid, haven't checked for him in a long time though.

50 has made alot of wack songs but the young 50 was a beast. Here's two great songs:

He just made it look easy.

Here's some more fire RIP Disco D:

"this the flow right here that fuked up Jeffrey's(Ja Rule) career"-priceless(lol)

Last edited:
I've been mentally ruined by overratedness for quite some time now. And it's never the artist or ball players fault. It's the media and the ignorance of the public every time. 50 = LeBron to me. 50 was to be of and surpass "Pac's" greatness. Lebron was to be of and surpass "MJ's" greatness. The people who are fooled are the ones that never got a chance to witness greatness "without" the media telling them so. 50 talks about the reality of getting shot.......next thing you know rappers were getting shot.......there is always a pattern.

Why shit be so fake to me. Because everybody expects and works hard for "THE HYPE". We have found a glitch that is not as easy to do as it appears but we know of it's existence. We are not fans anymore, we are zombies being told. We have no since of belonging any more because we belong to the media. Foos were getting shot on purpose to prove they were real. Then after that, all these rappers getting caught with pistols...like damn.....niggas getting years for rocked up 14k gold glocks and shit. Getting hyped up by internet thugs and shit. Like "you a pussy if you have security around you"....and what some of these rappers do? Walk around like they untouchable. But for what, though?

See...they tried to tell our ass T.V would ruin us. It did. Then video games.....and the internet just finished us off.

Um, yeah.

Never been a fan of 50's commercial songs but I can't knock his hustle. His business acumen is legendary. I like the street grimy songs. He's lost touch with whar's hot. He needs Sha Money back to instruct him which tracks to rap to:

Back