So why do you produce the same stuff that's on the radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_agx

Ahh, I'm sorry, but I loved BigChet's (or w/e his name was) thread FP is brainwashed. I haven't agreed with or laughed at so much on here before that thread came along. It was probably the best thread since I've been here. Then the mods shut it.

It had some good points. I want to take those and direct them a little more constructively, in a more useful, adult way.

The fact remains: BigShet:) was right. A lot of FP music is exactly what you hear on the radio today, OR is even too wack for that, unbelievably. I got called out for not naming names, but it is just my irrelevant opinion.

But in the hope that people are hard-skinned enough to hear imy OPINION (NOT FACT), and won't retalite for the sake of it when I eventually post songs, I will name names. I hope no-one takes OFFENCE at my opinion. Feel free to tell me I know nothing about the music business, just don't attack me for sharing my opinion, or retaliate later down the line.

OK: Lux. You were in the Dre's studio. Cool. Your myspace pic shows you behind a studio worth more than most people's house. But your songs on myspace are no different from anything already out there. I am not saying you don't work your hardest! Am I not saying there is no market for your music. But.. Why should you get signed over anyone else's that is exactly the same? "Drunk Girls Will Like This" isn't TERRIBLE, but has a ZELDA SNES 8-BIT feel. I can SEE the pixels and black background now.

It sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsiJ9vIJdrw

With an 808.

The Ludacris feat. TI remix sounds like (skip to 2.14) this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUOJCdTj9Y

The melody of that remix is too "jolly", "happy", "naive" for Luda there. It could do with something more fitting, more sinister and dark, although melodious. But you are making a LOT of beats and seem to finish what you start, so good for you. Keep it up!!:cheers:

Jackpot Productions. I saw your youtube video. You HAVE DEDICATION. Congrats @ the level you are taking this too. The video shows your effort! I give you PROPS. I like how you take it seriously.

But in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01-j8q_xH8

the song there is like Lady Gaga. I just ask myself: why release this? There are probably 2 notes different from any Lady Gaga song. Of course, you want to produce what is BIG and OUT THERE now, but I just think, that, instead of being produced by X, it will be by YOU. SAME SOUND. SAME MUSIC. SAME OFF BUTTON I'M LOOKING FOR. I'm short on time, so maybe you have some songs that aren't what is filling up the top 40? URL? I'll listen and give you honest non-hating feedback.

You are doing your thing and I love your dedication. I just wouldn't know if I heard your song on the radio because it's the exact same as what makes me switch off now. But maybe it has gotten you this far, so why quit? Idk. Anyway, you are further in this game than me, so what can I say? Keep doing your thing. If you keep this sound, I won't be listening, but I will still admire your drive. :cheers:

More in tomorrow's episode.

Cue someone saying: "where yo beats at?"

Like it or not....75% of what's on the radio is there because 75% of people like it....the audience dictates what you make if you're in this for a living...otherwise you can just stay the guy yelling on the corner that everyone should listen to him while the go-getters of the world splash him from the puddle with their limos.

Analogy(yall love these): If you're a comedian and you're up there telling a joke that you crafted for 5 hours...and you're met with crickets...who are you to get mad at the audience for not laughing? Your joke was a fail. If you keep telling the same joke *YOU* are a fail.

Last edited:
to be credible, would be cool if you displayed your own level of skills in order to be considered a worthy adivsor ;)
I would also say that people are giving too much importance to others.

(I admit my first thread on fp was a similar one but it was just a scheme to get reviews lol, nothing serious if people remember ;D)

oh btw, you can still have a peak at my homepage out of curiosity. But I don't need any feeback ;)

Last edited:
it's a good thing that names are getting pointed out...

it's just funny to see how many cosigners and yes men are on here...

the dynamics are indeed strange.

If your beats are wack, it de-values your opinion. It basically means you have no room to talk down on someone else.

That's the rule. I didn't make it up.

PS: This does not have to be quoted, addressed or commented on. If you feel your temperature rising, please click the sig link below.

its like your opinion isnt off, and you're entitled to it of course

but its just kinda hard to really take much value to your opinion when you dont have something to back it up

its like somebody who doesnt know anything about basketball tell you that you're jumpshot is trash..

care to explain that comment?

DIDN'T THINK SO

Nah, I don't care to explain it.

Make bangers.

:cheers:

P.S.: Don't sling around names if you don't want to hear that person's opinion of your music.

Is everybody okay? lol

There are other FP members to address, about 100,000 of 'em. Everybody try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"for the critics, tell me i dont get it,
everybody can tell u how to do it they never did it"....

"already home" is my theme song for this winter......

for me, if you're doing something with your swagg and such as, it's either hit or miss. people are gonna either love it and you're gonna be big, or won't. there's jackaswag route also. doing everything everybody does, when you're good technically you'll get your paper but you won't become a force in the industry. I feel like there's nothing wrong with learning with the best, but add it into your on style, not just rely on it

dogz...

how you gonna tell me to make a BANGER when you ain't even makin' em???

OR ARE YOU?

I like my stuff... they bang to me.

You sound offended or something... get back on the thread topic. I didn't ask you to post your opinion of my music, lol. Evidently, my opinion of yours carried some weight. Chill out. Geez.

People all emotional and stuff. I'm trying to keep the peace. I even made a new sig about it... and everything.

I'll e-fight with you some other time, put it on your calendar or something. Is it really that serious? I'm cool with my music... as everybody should be with their own.

Please find somebody else...

:cheers:

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
iejh1v.gif

Because 99% of muthfukas are wack, unoriginal, and use stock sounds in Fruity Loops. They learn how to layer an 808 snare under a 808 clap and put the shyt in every fuking song. Go check out Coops beats, lol. Same fuking snare/clap combo in every song. 99% of producers today are guilty.

Last edited:
opinions are fine - WHEN THEY ARE BACKED UP WITH SPECIFICS

You won't get any from me... sorry.

Probably should just keep my name out of your convo... imo.

Do I sound like the one who cares?

Take it easy, don't let it ruin your day.

yeah Rome...woman have those, and we all know how woman are

lol...

I can't believe people are this emotional this week, it's the change in seasons I guess.

I don't want any e-fighting today. Sorry for all who are upset at "something".

I mean no harm. I make beats and I don't know you.

LMAO...

homie...YOU are the the that got butt-hurt because YOU got called out in the first place...

lets be real.

i made the first "call out", your name was in the spread, and now you wanna try to flip it like i give a shyt about your "OPINION" about my music...your OPINION that ain't even based on any SPECIFICS...

so...

what YOU NEED TO DO is just step ur game up so that when cats start NAMIN' NAMES up on this bytch, YOURS DON'T COME UP IN THE TOP 3...

boi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back