Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Selling beats online.....just some thoughts

kyng is offline Shutup and just do it. .
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by barrettj View Post
    pretty much lol
    I mean seriously. . .

People act like dudes who make a killing selling beats online. . .are just online. If you go to the most successful soundclick producers all of them list placements that they have gotten. The homie Epik went and had a session with some Atlantic A&Rs. Hell Superstar O went and started his own beat website with DJ Mustard, Jahlil, and some other MAJOR producers. I'm pretty sure they didn't do this sitting at home.

Like I said. . .Do Both! You need multiple streams of income coming in. That beat money can either be enough to keep the refigerator full, pay bills, new equipment, get mcdonalds for the whole week, or buy some new kicks. . . either way it's money.

You have enough time in a day to market out your beats and go out and record your beats with the next trinidad james at the studio. There is 24 hours in a day. . .How are you using them?
    Last edited by kyng; 01-18-2013 at 02:39 AM.
    likes this.
    Smokey

theonlybman is offline Registered User
    Don't waste your time or your energy selling beats online. Get good, get out there, get legitimated.

PeezyBeatz is offline IN DUE SEASON!!
    how old are you guys? that may answer a few questions on why people feel a certain way

kyng is offline Shutup and just do it. .
    23 sire
    Smokey

ABound is offline Registered User
    (19 years old) I gotta agree. As someone who legitimately makes dope beats (not by my own word, by plenty of others. Submitted to Lil B and he said "Banger, keep sending!) and has tried the online thing for a year, it's just a lot of BS. A lot of artists talk the talk, but never answer when it comes time to actually buy. A lot of artists straight up tell you they want free beats, and the up and commers/established rappers are too hollywood to **** with you.

Only album placements get paid for now days anyway, unless you get a BRAND name in the production industry. You gotta go out and do this shit in real life. The internet is a tool, but straight up you gotta MEET people and go hard for what you want.

No such thing as "liveoffbeats" and "get paid in your sleep"

Ive made about $300 the past year off beats/drum kits/tutorials etc so im not mad cause i failed, and also, i mean it IS possible. Look at Kooman, SSO, Sledgren, all them. Im sure they make good money off their shit and even have payments "coming in their sleep" but they didnt start and rely on soundclick/a website alone, and they all got major placements to help back them up.

I gotta agree though, selling beats online is a joke. I wanna be MORE than an internet producer.
    Last edited by ABound; 01-19-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    and like this.

iambase is offline @30thJune1986
    Lol Lil B...
    mannn sometimes.... be real people...

it's funny when people say, I make hot stuff... I generally tend to hear : "I hype my stuff but I have been making beats for 2 years and Im still just ok about it at best, I have only gotten 1000$ off of 10USD leases, this is my future careeer"

Yeaaah, I hear all that.

Not really mocking, just generally noticing a pretty general trend.. I should prolly just shut the F up though... Me and my big mouth...
    Im just a salty dude behind his computer screen anyway...
    Last edited by iambase; 01-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by iambase View Post
    Lol Lil B...
    mannn sometimes.... be real people...

it's funny when people say, I make hot stuff... I generally tend to hear : "I hype my stuff but I have been making beats for 2 years and Im still just ok about it at best, I have only gotten 1000$ off of 10USD leases, this is my future careeer"

Yeaaah, I hear all that.

Not really mocking, just generally noticing a pretty general trend.. I should prolly just shut the F up though... Me and my big mouth...
    Im just a salty dude behind his computer screen anyway...
    Lil B is no dumby. He does troll the rap game, but I just said him as a name people would recognize. Every local rapper loves my beats, Ive been on my local radio, plenty of artists feel my shit but they just dont wanna pay lol. I mean you can sit n think oh thats just another dude with wack ass beats talkin shit but trust me i got some bangers lol

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

i aint sayin its impossible or tryna discourage anyone, But it is a little tougher than a lot of people would make it seem.

Postman is a great dude, and he puts out valuable info that is probably worth what he charges, but if youre doing this for ANY REASON other than because you'd rather DIE than not do it, you probably wont be successfull

iambase is offline @30thJune1986
    Thing is everyone feels everyone sh!t...

So audio proof speak more to me than words. That's what I meant but my psot up there was not very good I confess
    likes this.

yeah i def get what youre saying

cappachino is offline Registered User
    Selling beats online is no joke y'all...Work on your craft and conduct good business and you'll do fine

Made $105.97 on Soundclick today It is possible

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information