Sell Beats? What do you do when....

By the same token what if working with that person turned other artists off to using your work?

It can work for or against you in equal amounts and you take that risk based on your own judgement and end goals.

I understand what you mean but I don't give much credit to the argument. I would hope another artist could distinguish between a whack song, and a dope beat with a whack rapper. How many times have you listened to a song and thought/said, "he's a terrible rapper but the beat was fire"? This happens all the time for me personally lol

I understand what you mean but I don't give much credit to the argument. I would hope another artist could distinguish between a whack song, and a dope beat with a whack rapper. How many times have you listened to a song and thought/said, "he's a terrible rapper but the beat was fire"? This happens all the time for me personally lol

It happens but sometimes playing "Pascals Wager" becomes a safe bet when regarding a potential career ender especially when starting out.

I agree bro BUT, what if the exposure from working with a whack rapper opens the door for you to work with several bigger artists that wouldn't have otherwise heard your music? You gotta have that vision to see the bigger picture. I think it's the same argument for doing work for "free". Will your sacrifice today, allow you to further your own career down the line?

But I do, Which is why I'm pretty picky about who I work with. I have an income from music outside of hip-hop and "beats" that allows and encourages me to be this way.
The "beat" and emcee scene on line is sooo seedy and lacking self esteem. I neither need nor want that :)

By the same token what if working with that person turned other artists off to using your work?

It can work for or against you in equal amounts and you take that risk based on your own judgement and end goals.

Yep. Just like women, If they know you slept with some ratchet ass broad, Its gonna be that much harder to get in them drawls..

How many times have you listened to a song and thought/said, "he's a terrible rapper but the beat was fire"? This happens all the time for me personally lol

Lmao. ALL the time.
Which is kind of my point. Why not find those guys with some real skill and work with them. Thats a double threat.
When you feel good about yourself and you're doing what you feel is good for yourself(and not lying to yourself) and all the while pursuing it with passion, the money will come, it always does.
That applies to selling product to/working with BANGS, or refusing to, its all about you. Just dont be lying to yourself :cheers:

Back