Sampling soul is no longer hot for the biggest stars?

"Hip-Hop" ain't even a factor anymore.

FROM A COMMERCIAL PERSPECTIVE - i'd put my money on more "HYBRID" music, i.e., pop + DnB + Rap + RnB + ect. - a SUPER genre of sorts...

put EVERYTHING together - as one.

put all the PEOPLE together - as one.

put all the CULTURES together - as one.

in other words; i think music is going to do more COMBINING than DIVIDING - what we know as "genres" will start to fade away...and music itself will become a "cloud" of sorts.

...expect LESS "genres" in the future...

you have to look at the mind-state of the "masses" to predict what the "masses" will want next...REALLY it's about what (and WHO) they're OPEN to next.

it mainly comes down to HOW the masses AGREE on what they "like"; simultaneously.

if you want to know what's next, read some books on "mass psychology"

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

or even GROUP psychology - then apply those studies to larger groups of people (i.e., "the masses")

Sampling in hip-hop will never die. Ever. The die-hard fans who were around in the Golden Age of hip-hop won't let it because its true to the roots. Its just a question whether or not it'll be in the mainstream. But I don't listen to a lot of mainstream rappers so I hear tons of sampled tracks and those are the ones I prefer simply because most beatmakers aren't able to create beats that have the same perception of depth. I think the mainstream rap trends will feed off whatever's popular in the pop genre. So keep an eye on that and you can get an idea of what's to come. I wouldn't focus so much on what the trends are because they're going to change anyway. They don't just come up out of thin air, someone starts em. So instead of focusing on what's popular now, focus on doing your own thing and who knows, it could become the next trend. But at this point, it seems almost every trend that could happen in hip-hop has happened and now we're recycling. The shit that's popular now ain't much different from the shit that was hot 15-20 years ago. I see that with a lot of these up and coming mixtape cats that are gaining hella buzz, they're starting to bring that 90's sound back again. Then you got trap music in the mainstream. Ain't much but some menacing sounding, two-note strings with some hard ass 808's really lol. But as much as I love hearing a nice soul sample, I try to refrain from using em since you really gotta dig to find ones that haven't been chopped to death. I'll sample anything though if it sounds right. I mean, shit, I made a beat sampling that Marimba ringtone from an iPhone and that came out pretty hot lol.

Some good points overe here. What I think now is that that might be true that sampling is changing and 100 % sampleds beats that just loop or flip some souls joints are not no longer as hot as they was 10 or 5 years ago. What is challenging to me and what I hope still gonna be made and appreaciate is beats like Power, which is just pure art and beauty, connecting a couple of different elements from totally different genres of music and putting it into something completely new. That's definately different sampling than just flipping soul song. And I think it's gonna be appreaciated cause it's sampling at totally different level.

this post is all wrong, it just depends on how the sample is flipped. look at Drakes "Best I Ever Had" or Jeezy's "I Do. likes someone said before u cant come with that 2002 heatmakers, yeezy style. your sound has to keep up with the time and whats current unless u wanna go out on a limb and try sumthin new and different

Back