Samples

J

jizzer

"Gigalo" - Nick Cannon/R. Kelly
samples...
"I Forgot To Be Your Lover" - William Bell

Thanks, dude. I was wondering what sample they used. That songs been sampled hella times. Luda, Jaheim, uh, I don't know who else, but my homeboy knows.

Here's the official list from the breaks.com

Bell, William
Bound to Happen: (Stax 1968)
* "I Forgot to Be Your Lover"
     Brand Nubian's "Lick Dem Muthaf---az"
     Chino XL's "Sorry"
     Dilated Peoples's "Worse Comes to Worst"
     Killah Priest ft Tekitah's "One Step"
     Ludacris's "Growing Pain"
Mad Lads
New Beginning: (Volt 1973)
* "I Forgot to Be Your Lover"
     AZ's "Let's Toast"
     MOP's "Warriorz"

Does anyone know the name of that song that goes "uptown baby, uptown baby, we gets down baby, etc."...I'm thinking that song might be sampling it too.

Also, anyone know the sample used in "Dr. Greenthumb" by Cypress Hill? (the main beat) I'm fiending for that one right now. (It's a well-known Oldies hit, that much I know)

that song from lord tariq and peter gunz was sampled from steely dan. Fairly popular jam. Forgot the title though. My pops has it somewhere.

That sample is Steely Dan....they paid a grip for that sample to $100,000 but its on the AJA album i think for steely dan not sure but it is steely dan

Tech-909 said:
that song from lord tariq and peter gunz was sampled from steely dan. Fairly popular jam. Forgot the title though. My pops has it somewhere.

What happen to lord tariq and peter gunz? last time i heard from them was Uptown Baby and that was pretty much it.

gohanvscell.gif

They just fell off. They may have had some underground stuff released. A lot of people have a big hit and then do nothing. My fav one hit wonder in hip hop was Craig Mac- Flavor in your ear was the isht when it came out. That beat has been jacked and remixed so many times it makes me sick. He probably would have been a lot more popular too if BIG wasnt busy running hip hop at that time.

Killah priest used that sample too.. for '' one step''

The sample is used the best in this song imho.

pz

Tech-909 said:
They just fell off. They may have had some underground stuff released. A lot of people have a big hit and then do nothing. My fav one hit wonder in hip hop was Craig Mac- Flavor in your ear was the isht when it came out. That beat has been jacked and remixed so many times it makes me sick. He probably would have been a lot more popular too if BIG wasnt busy running hip hop at that time.

craig mack had another MONSTER good track called "can i get down" i dont know who produced it for him but it was the best one. imho i thought it was better than flavor in your ear. it was rediculously great. !!!
he's coming out with a new album from badboy soon too. he was on the radio politiking it today on clearchannel media station called power 105.1 outta newyork.

j-traxx said:

craig mack had another MONSTER good track called "can i get down" i dont know who produced it for him but it was the best one. imho i thought it was better than flavor in your ear. it was rediculously great. !!!
he's coming out with a new album from badboy soon too. he was on the radio politiking it today on clearchannel media station called power 105.1 outta newyork.

Word? He still with Puffy? Or he got re-signed? Or has he been on the backburner since ooohhh say....1996? That's very interesting news. Good lookin J- Traxx.

Artist:dipset
Song:i really mean it
Sample: "I got over love" by Major Harris.

Artist: Nas
Song: if heaven was a mile away
Sample: I love you by eddy holman

Artist dipset
Song im ready
sample barbra mason...im ready

Artist Jay z
Song this cant be life
Sample melvin and the blue notes..i miss u

Tech-909 said:

I'm not a 100% sure but I think Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz mess wit' Shaq's label. They got some new stuff comin' out. Also j-traxx is on point about Craig Mack cause he resigned when he went back to do the "Special Delivery (Remix)" wit' Puff.

Hot Sample:

"Be Real Black For Me" - Chaka Khan

Song:

"My Block" - Scarface

Notha' One:

"The Masquerade Is Over" - David Porter

Song:

"Who Shot Ya" - B.I.G.

another one for the "I forgot to be your lover" sample:

Calvin Richardson - Lovin' You

was just listening to it actually and realized it was the same sample lol

Back