Saigon: Speaks On Problems With Major Labels - Issues With 2 Chainz & Rick Ross

Is Saigon even relevant ? I mean he's alright but he really doesn't hold clout to talk about them other dudes like he is.

Is Saigon even relevant ? I mean he's alright but he really doesn't hold clout to talk about them other dudes like he is.

His clout is in his message. Why does someone have to be "relevant" for his message to be heard or believed. One has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited:
Saigon does more flapping his gums out of the booth than he does in.

I mean it's not like Saigon has some real deep lyrical content or anything. I don't see what he's getting at.

I can't take Saigon serious, because he walked away being bullheaded at a time when he could've had a lucrative and prosperous career. Don't knock the guys getting it every way you can in 2012. You coulda made more than them with half the effort, so they working harder than you would have if you didn't walk away.

You coulda reached so many people with YOUR message.

Last edited:
I do agree with the point he made about Hip-Hop making it seem like if you don't have money you're nothing. This is the mentality of the generation coming up today. Also, the point he made about being responsible for your lyrics and 106 & Park 13 year olds reciting sexually explicit lyrics is the truth.

I can't take Saigon serious, because he walked away being bullheaded at a time when he could've had a lucrative and prosperous career. Don't knock the guys getting it every way you can in 2012. You coulda made more than them with half the effort, so they working harder than you would have if you didn't walk away.

This....

I'm curious to know why you would make this comment. Did he really squander opportunities because of laziness or what have you? My understanding is the label situation with Atlantic didn't work out because they butted heads over the artistic direction of his Just Blaze album. If you know more than I do, by all means, speak up.

Does he think Hip Hop fell out of the sky last week?

Kids today are materialistic because their parents were that way.

Hip Hoppers were materialistic in 1979...

What generation said

i got bodyguards, i got two big cars
that definitely aint the wack
i got a lincoln continental and a sunroof cadillac
so after school, i take a dip in the pool
which really is on the wall
i got a color tv so i can see
the knicks play basketball
hear me talkin bout checkbooks, credit cards
more money than a sucker could ever spend
but i wouldnt give a sucker or a bum from the rucker
not a dime til i made it again
ya go hotel motel whatcha gonna do today (say what)
ya say im gonna get a fly girl gonna get some spankin
drive off in a def oj
everybody go, hotel motel holiday inn
say if your girl starts actin up, then you take her friend
master gee, am I mellow
its on you so what you gonna do

When you're not in the spotlight, you take shots at somebody who is... in hopes that your name gets mentioned alongside theirs. Oldest game in the book.

Careers were made back in the day off of getting LL Cool J to respond to your diss record.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know why you would make this comment. Did he really squander opportunities because of laziness or what have you? My understanding is the label situation with Atlantic didn't work out because they butted heads over the artistic direction of his Just Blaze album. If you know more than I do, by all means, speak up.
I could be wrong, but the way I heard it, "he wasn't meeting dealines and was nonproductive." In all fairness, coming from a suit, that could mean "he wasn't making songs for strippers." I took it as meaning he wasn't turning in anything/anything good which annoys me because I've heard good music from this guy, I am/was a fan.

Why you think i give Slaughterhouse so much shyt. I root for these guys..

Last edited:
Why you think i give Slaughterhouse so much shyt. I root for these guys..

You cannot give Slaughterhouse shit, I haven't seen you say it but in today's environment of Hip Hop... they are all that's left.

If you give them shit, you influence the kids in a negative way. I remember at one time.... we were for the kids.

If you can take a minute.... think about it... get drunk.... smoke and walk past your wife with shit stains in your drawls and then come back and STILL say something bad about Slaughterhouse... I'll take a 6 month ban.

This is what I REMEMBER rappin' as... not that Gucci, Waka, Ross shyt that impresses the 23's and under crowd...

Yes, Em is top 3 ever... Royce is like 8 or something. Don't dwell on your era PEOPLE! dwell on the 30 plus years of Hip Hop. Crooked I is like top 20 or something (debatable).

Jay Z, Biggie and Pac wouldn't last in that cypher, G Rap and Rakim would though ... (say the truth)

Eminem, Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse - YouTube

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I can't believe I still care. Phugg this shit.

GUCCI!!!!

Last edited:
^^^I'm a fan, I bought their last album. If you listen to that, you'll understand why I'm disappointed in those dudes.

This vid made me think this was gonna be the best release of this year. This is the only song on the album that even kinda bangs, IMO.

^^^I'm a fan, I bought their last album. If you listen to that, you'll understand why I'm disappointed in those dudes.

This vid made me think this was gonna be the best release of this year. This is the only song on the album that even kinda bangs, IMO.

That's my type o shat.

I miss Hip Hop... nobody appreciates it... they skip to Trap or Sampling... is lyricism a lost art?

If the beat is good you can be CashOut or Future and still ride autotune.... when??? is the audience of Hip Hop going to hold mf's to some standards!

.... I guess I don't really give a shyt. I had my fun, y'all listen these weak wack mf's...

I had - Divine Styler - Ain't Sayin' Nothin' - YouTube

Ya'll gotta listen to the mixtape they released before the retail album called "On the House". Name a Gangsta Grillz better than it....closest person's is Saigon's done like 5 years ago.

Update: Gunplay threatened Saigon & Saigon retracted his statement saying "i was trying to be provocative"

******* are sposed to be provocative, not rappers.

Gunplay's reaction to Saigon's interview was homo in my opinion. It was like he was saying, "No, you better not put your hands on my man." You love CO Rick Ross that much? You'll get your ass beat for that ni**a? Really? This is the problem with this generation and these "real ni**gas" in the streets. Taking up for other ni**as. Taking other ni**gas beef and other ni**gas jail bid. Do you honestly think CO Rick Ross would do the same for him? CO Rick Ross doesn't look like the type to even throw a punch. First off, Gunplay's name is not CO Rick Ross. Second, Gunplay is irrelevant. Think not? Name one good song of his (not a song he was featured on). When is his album coming out? He's doing more fighting and other bs than he is rapping. Not only does this prove that Gunplay is a lost cause, he didn't understand the context of Saigon's words. Saigon was talking about CO Rick Ross and 2Chainz not having substance or meaningful lyrics (which is true). He wasn't hating. He was talking about when you have a message in your songs you don't sale but when you talk about destructive behavior you sellout. Too many young black males are dead or in jail because they jumped to conclusions thinking that every comment was against them or their crew.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Words are powerful beyond measure.

Back