Roc-A-Fella records sold!!

Jos

Genius + Idiot

Jay Z + Dame Dash respectively have sold Roca Fella. I think the power move by Dame to buy a Rugby Team was fairly retarted. In a business partnership espeically within music, both parties need to have a similar goal. I think the two minds where just not headed in the same direction. I don't think thier parting of ways will have a dramatic effect on the rest of Roca Fella though.

Jos

Xpressive said:
wow. do you know who they sold the label to? that would be interesting information, especially for Young Gunz, Kanye, Beenie, Bleek, Twista, and the rest of 'em.

Um Def Jam, and Im pretty sure they got Dame still running things, he just aint the owner anymore.

VINDICATION FINALLY!!!! To everybody who told me I was stuck on stupid a couple of months ago, when I said it had been done......

It ain't like I got any proceeds from the whole ordeal, but still. HAH!

Hah! to the haters and non-believers. The next time I tell you I have a source, shut your soup coolers and listen. IIIIiiiiii! ITS PANDAMONIUM!!! I'm going crazy with glee. IIIIiiii!

Oh, huh? what happened? somebody say somethin??

Ikemurda said:
VINDICATION FINALLY!!!! To everybody who told me I was stuck on stupid a couple of months ago, when I said it had been done......

It ain't like I got any proceeds from the whole ordeal, but still. HAH!

Hah! to the haters and non-believers. The next time I tell you I have a source, shut your soup coolers and listen. IIIIiiiiii! ITS PANDAMONIUM!!! I'm going crazy with glee. IIIIiiii!

Oh, huh? what happened? somebody say somethin??

Ike dawg, i'll be the first to say YOU WERE RIGHT. :)

Def Jam did buy out Roc-A-Fella. Or so the reports go. Dame and Kareem are gonna keep thier positions, but no longer own the company. That's about as much as I know. The fate of the artists, who knows. They'll prob stay on, or they might have the option to leave. But with Dame still at the helm, they will prob stay.

But yeah, Dame has been SCRAMBLING trying to make all the moves he could, to save his ship from sinking. I mean ODB, MOP, Posh Spice, Nore, buying the Pro-Keds shoe company, the Luxury Watch line, the Rugby team, developing an mp3 player to compete with iPod, the UK label Planet Roc...he's just been making STOOPID moves.

'Here's to the Roc'...

karr153 said:

Dame still running things, he just aint the owner anymore.
well angie martinez said this news....
if that's true, Dame isn't goung to be anymore at all affiliated with Roc-a-fella. i just don't understand WHY they would buy it.

i heard he was just stackin up all those artists so he could get more money for selling that wack ass label. 3/4 of the people there are just collecting dust. i woulda sold it too. jay is probably the only one makin guaranteed money for em and the rest of those guys are just suckin up oxygen to make it look like the roc's big. i like all of Dame's other moves more than this label though

dj rreal said:

I think somebody gave it to him or he found it by the curb somewhere. :D

I mean it seems like it... thats why you can't give broke cats money. They will misapproriate the funds to the point where you're like "WHO THE HELL GAVE YOU MONEY!"

Jos

DaOriginalBlade said:
if this brings about any complications or delays to the oschino and sparks album, i will kick dame's ass personally

c'mon now. u really think thats comin out? even with dame? :p

DS said:
c'mon now. u really think thats comin out? even with dame? :p
:mad: Yes! According to Scratch they just started gettin in the lab for their standalone project from State Prop. But I just hurd this song Young Chris leaked, it's mainly for Neef cuz Neef really doesn't have faith in music nemore (similar to their song about stickin to their gameplan on Tough Luv). But the last verse is about State Prop how they should stick together, supposedly some of them are mad at each other. Its either O & Sparks or Freeway thats mad at Peedi Crakk cuz he got signed last (he was an add-on Beans thought would give them "commercial appeal") but he gets to drop before O & S's debut and Free's followup. And MOP's pissed at everybody cuz they've been on the shelf for 2+ yrs now. But Jay always favored Beans crew, thats why they have more projects dropped than neother Roc artists.

Peedi was also pissed at Just Blaze awhile back for selling a beat he had originally given him to that wussy Nick Cannon. The Roc are not as tight knit as they once were, seems they are fallin apart at the hinges....they used to be on top of the world :(. Kinda phucked up considering how close together The Inc still seems after all the shlt they went thru. I wish I had my own damn label, I'd buy out Sparks contract and drop his solo classic my damn self. He is still the future dammit! :mad:

I dunno why I just typed all that, I think I'm the only State Property fan in the whole galaxy.... :(. On that note Sigel drops late Oct if neone cares...

r u kiddin me, im not a hater but sparks is garbage. hes flow is trash, i seen a smack magazine video where they were smoking sherm and spitting...hes sooo bad that i had to waste my time and type this, i couldnt resist.

So who's gonna be runnin the Roc? If Dame is still maintaining his position, but not owning the company, how does he get paid. Salary?

Back