A rapper with a fake accent

I have what you may call "fake accents". Off guard, waking up, excited, or pissed...I have a Tennessee accent. I get that from my momma who is straight Tennessee country. But shit.....I have so many fake accents I can't count. It comes from family and me hanging with people from across the US from Cali to Chi to NY to GA. I don't do it purposefully though...it's just me.

Fuuck it...I got my own accent...got dammit!!

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I I just think rapping with a British accent sounds corny.

The second coolest rapper in the world.

Snoop's roots from Mississippi. I hear him getting country sometimes. lol!

And to whoever wants to know who is the coolest rapper in hip hop history aove Slick Rick.....take your pick.

Hell I can't pick. Them some cool MFers!

Last edited:
The people you all buy sample packs from do it all the time. Like it's possible to make dirty south (American) vocals but have a British accent. Now that's corny. lmao!!!!!!! But man......the real world........your accent means nothing. Your actions speak louder. Most white dudes who try to sound black get labeld as fake......but not that white dude raised around blacks in the hood. They can sense he will beat the shit out of them...they know not to even try him like that. And the thing is......we can sense that shit in the music or on your videos or when you speak in person. There is no way around it......it's not in you. Be you. But of course being you could be "being fake".

Some of the british accents are way tighter for rapping... I guess mostly because it leans toward the jamaican one sometimes.

For instance :

Last edited:
Sean Kingston I think uses a fake accent it was one of those jamaican sounding guys might have been Akon idk, I know plies does.

Music gives you the opportunity to do whatever you want to do.Its YOUR music.If you pay for studio time you have the right to do whatever you want with it.Think about it.Most critics that call people fake are fake themselves so it really doesn't matter.Do what you want and people can like it or not if they don't like it tell them to pay you no mind then.

Last edited:
fake accents is straight up wack. it sounds like you want to claim something that's not yours to be your own.

Thank you for the responses everybody. I haven't decided what I want to do yet, I think when I have my equipment (next month), I'll have to decide. I kinda agree with HardWorker73, if you're the one making the music it should be be obvious to you that you can do whatever you wanna do. But the reason why I am in a dilemma whether or not I should use a 'fake accent' is beacuse if I use my own accent, I don't think it will sound as good as the fake accent, and the type of music I want to rap/spit to which is trap, it won't go with the flow nicely. And if I use the fake accent, people will bash me for it...

Thank you for the responses everybody. I haven't decided what I want to do yet, I think when I have my equipment (next month), I'll have to decide. I kinda agree with HardWorker73, if you're the one making the music it should be be obvious to you that you can do whatever you wanna do. But the reason why I am in a dilemma whether or not I should use a 'fake accent' is beacuse if I use my own accent, I don't think it will sound as good as the fake accent, and the type of music I want to rap/spit to which is trap, it won't go with the flow nicely. And if I use the fake accent, people will bash me for it...

Ignore the people bashing you and keep your foucs on the people who accepts you.People use fake voices and accents for cartoon characters and nobody have a problem with it.Movie actors have fake accents and voices and people don't have a problem with that.People make too many requirements for Hip-Hop when its really no requirements at all.As long as you real with yourself don't worry about people bashing you because somebody else is bashing them for something they are doing so it doesn't matter.If you don't like the way your accent sounds on trap beats then if you can do a accent that fits then do it f^ck all the negative comments.Everybody can say something bad about everybody so whats the point of even caring

Have you even listened to the song I posted ???

It's your flow more than your accent that counts...

Stick with your accent. I'm British too but I'm about to study in Cali and I don't plan on developing an American accent. I'm not a rapper though, I'm just saying that people would probably see it as even more "corny" that you're changing your accent. However, there are rappers that do it. Iggy Azalea for instance, who's signed to Grand Hustle with T.I., has an Australian accent, yet in all her tracks she has an American accent. I just find that weird for some reason. It is really up to you though. Just make sure your american accent is convincing, otherwise it may turn into a half british half american accent which would be even worse lol

i completely agree with op. rapping with a british accent is corny.

rapping with an accent is looked down upon (you always hear about real this, real that), but go for milli vanilli

Back