Producers who've sold beats to labels, drop sum knowledge!!!!!

helping?

taken from your first 3 responces:

1. ^ ur questions are VERY unprofessional to ask in an open forum...

2. then those of us who are shouldn't entertain his questions

3. ^ theres a difference between PROFESSIONAL interviews and 'whogivesacrap' threads on message boards...and quite frankly im sure thats why you dont have any responses to your question yet..

as far as calling me a 'self righteous prick' that shows just how professional u are...lol

and im guessing that you've never gotten a placement since ur the 1 with the inquisitions...
see what i'm saying. came off pretty rude. i'll admit, asking for just a general set price is just stupid. but, don't act like you came out of kindness and wanted to help. initially, you wanted to make this cat just look like a fool. saying stuff about "new fp'ers", fp i think stand for FUTURE PRODUCERS.

future

  –noun 1.time that is to be or come hereafter.2.something that will exist or happen in time to come: The future is rooted in the past.

be easy man. there are other ways to actually help people out. and i will admit, once mysterE started being humble, you opened up, but beforehand, you just weren't nice. i'll say it.

Last edited by a moderator:
To Skylar... amazing how you wrapped your insult to me in frills and all and made it look pretty lol

I don't hate you for it, though.

Hey we're all trying to make it at the end of the day. People like Tim, Dr Dre et al don't have time to post on forums like these. Probably too busy cranking out beats or spending their hard earned dosh lol

If I had Timb's sound library ...

-SCENARIO-
"Here's a scenario of how a placement can happen."

Let's say it's 2009 right? Let's say you moved to Los Angeles in January and you have no idea what to do and know nobody. You signup with Ascap and they send you some information about up & coming Ascap events coming up. You go to 2 of the Ascap events in February. Now let's say you have your DEMO CD with you when you go, you dress accodrdingly and keep professional at all times.

You meet a person who is managing a couple artists and producers and you present your DEMO to them. They call you back a few days later and tell you they are feeling your music and would like to sit down with you and talk about possible management. So you go sit down with them and details get discussed and after a week of having the contract looked over by your lawyer you sign.

The manager invites you to a few studio sessions at a very well known studio. During those sessions you run into Fergie, Will I Am, JR Rotem, Jasper Cameron & a rep from Interscope. Your manager formally introduces you to these people as they come and go as his new producer, tells them you're hot and that you could be the next big producer. Your manager pays for a couple studio sessions for you over the next couple weeks and you meet more and more people and get your name circulating throughout that studio.

Then one day your manager tells you that Akon is in the room next to yours and him and Akon have a good relationship and that he'd like to invite Akon to listen to a few of your tracks. Akon kindly accepts, your manager pumps you up to Akon to show confidence in your music. You play 5 or 6 tracks for 45 seconds each. Akon tells you he is really feeling the 3rd track you played and if you could send that over to him he'd love to write to it.

Your engineer mixes the track a little and gives it to Akon. 2 weeks later you learn that Akon has demo'd up a song to your track. You're excited and hope he keeps it. During this span you meet more people at events, studio sessions, concerts, etc. 4 months later you learn your song has made the cut for Akon's album and they send over the paperwork, split sheets, etc. Akon's album is released in December of 2009 and goes platinum, you are now getting some nice publishing checks.

Your track gets some mention around Akon's camp and others and the Interscope rep who met you a couple times over the course of 2009 wants to sit down with you and offer you a $75,000 Publishing Deal through Universal Music Group.

You accept after a couple weeks of deliberations over numbers of commitments and percentages. During these couple weeks you learn that a song you wrote to one of your tracks was playing in the studio when Tiffany Evans walked by and she asked if she could have it. You now have more leverage for your offer from UMG and they raise it to $100,000 and 12 commitments. You sign and your manager uses his relationships to try to get you on as many projects as possible.

You get your Pub Check in May of 2010 for $40,000 of your $100,000 for landing 2 placements. You come to find out your song on Tiffany Evans has been chosen for a single.......

And the cycle continues.......

There's millions of ways to get placements, get on, etc, this is just one of many possible scenarios.......

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
-SCENARIO-
"Here's a scenario of how a placement can happen."

Let's say it's 2009 right? Let's say you moved to Los Angeles in January and you have no idea what to do and know nobody. You signup with Ascap and they send you some information about up & coming Ascap events coming up. You go to 2 of the Ascap events in February. Now let's say you have your DEMO CD with you when you go, you dress accodrdingly and keep professional at all times.

You meet a person who is managing a couple artists and producers and you present your DEMO to them. They call you back a few days later and tell you they are feeling your music and would like to sit down with you and talk about possible management. So you go sit down with them and details get discussed and after a week of having the contract looked over by your lawyer you sign.

The manager invites you to a few studio sessions at a very well known studio. During those sessions you run into Fergie, Will I Am, JR Rotem, Jasper Cameron & a rep from Interscope. Your manager formally introduces you to these people as they come and go as his new producer, tells them you're hot and that you could be the next big producer. Your manager pays for a couple studio sessions for you over the next couple weeks and you meet more and more people and get your name circulating throughout that studio.

Then one day your manager tells you that Akon is in the room next to yours and him and Akon have a good relationship and that he'd like to invite Akon to listen to a few of your tracks. Akon kindly accepts, your manager pumps you up to Akon to show confidence in your music. You play 5 or 6 tracks for 45 seconds each. Akon tells you he is really feeling the 3rd track you played and if you could send that over to him he'd love to write to it.

Your engineer mixes the track a little and gives it to Akon. 2 weeks later you learn that Akon has demo'd up a song to your track. You're excited and hope he keeps it. During this span you meet more people at events, studio sessions, concerts, etc. 4 months later you learn your song has made the cut for Akon's album and they send over the paperwork, split sheets, etc. Akon's album is released in December of 2009 and goes platinum, you are now getting some nice publishing checks.

Your track gets some mention around Akon's camp and others and the Interscope rep who met you a couple times over the course of 2009 wants to sit down with you and offer you a $75,000 Publishing Deal through Universal Music Group.

You accept after a couple weeks of deliberations over numbers of commitments and percentages. During these couple weeks you learn that a song you wrote to one of your tracks was playing in the studio when Tiffany Evans walked by and she asked if she could have it. You now have more leverage for your offer from UMG and they raise it to $100,000 and 12 commitments. You sign and your manager uses his relationships to try to get you on as many projects as possible.

You get your Pub Check in May of 2010 for $40,000 of your $100,000 for landing 2 placements. You come to find out your song on Tiffany Evans has been chosen for a single.......

And the cycle continues.......

There's millions of ways to get placements, get on, etc, this is just one of many possible scenarios.......

END THREAD. Heres the knowledge you were looking for.

Jesus Christ guys ... .... Calm down ... I don't want to read too many post before I respond...

Oh heres a pic of my set up ... I can't wait to start up loading my new material for 09
l_86b5e8e4ab904de8821d5a8ce7f08298.jpg

And yeah that is the official one of a kind MAC Production Synth... LMAO

Last edited:
To Jackpot productions: Thank you. Thank you SO much. I was beginning to think everyone on this forum had only negative responses to threads. Very well explained, understood every word and how the process could go.

Thanks for being humble, man. Really appreciate it.

Wow, nice set up, man. What keyboards are those? I got a Korg Prophecy, don't know how to use it, thinking of selling it soon. Synthesis seems so complicated. Wish I could just pay someone to programme my sounds lol

Now that would be a dream come true. Instead i'm stuck changing vst presets by adding effects over them. Ah well, it ain't what you got it's how you use it, I guess.

to normalisboring: your making yourself look dumb. why the f*ck would timbo be on FUTURE producers? because he is a producer at this present time and doesn't want/need feedback/help from other FUTURE producers.. he is what a lot of people on this forum want to be. a lot of FUTURE producers are inspired by him. ha.

Jesus.... man ... jackpot did it ..... I could picture the whole event.
I've never been paid for a beat ... I just give away tracks here and there and I like to go to artist pages on myspace and ask them if they want me to do a remix or make a beat for him.....I almost got paid for one beat .....And I did have a situation where I went to New York and Met with the Latin Music Director for BMI and play all my tracks for him.... he then called this big producer "no names" and he was pushing me like crazy .... but the producer was down in Miami at the time and I had to leave back to New Orleans in 2 days ... So ... instead I call him and asked to send in my demo ...... he never got back to me and he had changed his number ... I was sick for a month

Skylarsarous: um, did I say Timbaland was on FP? NO! So where the F*** is this sh** coming from?!

What I was trying to say is people like Mev who've goten placements can post on here because they aren't swarmed in work or busy spending all the cash they got from all the work they were doing, that's what I was implying.

So where the F*** did ur comment come from? Read and UNDERSTAND before you post!

Also, who says they won't come on forums like these? It's a possibility mate, even though they'd create fake usernames. Which is why I was surprised Mevin used his real producer name on here and the guy who produced Akon's "Beautiful" was posting on here.

You're no different, man. Everybody on here just jumps at the chance at trying to clown others, don't they?

Think.

Jeez! Talk about the pot (skylasaraous) calling the kettle (Mevin) black.

Man I should have told that story again .... I'm getting depressed again ... Oh shyt I can't breath ... (joking)

@ normalls..... those are Motifs.... I had gave my old one to a friend of mine ...but he moved and decided to return it ...

I feel bad that I posted the pic now.... I had a feeling that this thread was going south.......but it turned around pretty quick

any person against normalisboring must be so frustrated and tired of life and maybe not doing well in their career.How dear you critize an educative question.How dear u talk about professionalism.What is the meaning of a forum.Its a place where people share information and discuss about common goals and different goals and obstacles.How dear you come here and question people's question.Illiterates are not wanted here please,theres no home for vagabonds here.if u have any other nonsense to talk about professionalism,deal with me directly.challenge me based on intellectuals,and i will let u know that if u r a professional,u wont be in this forum b**** a**

emeka said:
any person against normalisboring must be so frustrated and tired of life and maybe not doing well in their career.How dear you critize an educative question.How dear u talk about professionalism.What is the meaning of a forum.Its a place where people share information and discuss about common goals and different goals and obstacles.How dear you come here and question people's question.Illiterates are not wanted here please,theres no home for vagabonds here.if u have any other nonsense to talk about professionalism,deal with me directly.challenge me based on intellectuals,and i will let u know that if u r a professional,u wont be in this forum b**** a**
calling people illiterate and then saying, "how dear you critize...." i can't take you seriously. spell check comes free on every and any computer just about. i'm sorry.

Read and understand. Don't just rush in blindly. I have no idea about the inner workings of the music industry ... It's why I came on here in the first place asking for advice.

Just because I come humble asking for advice no matter how crude don't mean you should try and step on me. Politely ignore the question if you don't want to answer it and offer a suggestion instead as Jackpot productionZ did. He didn't even answer my original question and i gained more reading his post than any of the insults or condescending, snide remarks most of the know-it-alls on here made.

Pssssh.

normalisboring said:
What I was trying to say is people like Mev who've goten placements can post on here because they aren't swarmed in work or busy spending all the cash they got from all the work they were doing, that's what I was implying.

Soblack.
got a point .... Kaminota is not my producer name..... It's really Big Sack Of Nutzzz .....or BSN for short ...

Just joking ... but for real ... Kaminota is not my name ... sounds like some old karate masters name though,

Last edited:
Follow these steps Skylar
1-Kill yourself

2-Have a nice day.

EVERYBODY's got a motif, apparently. Are they THAT good?!!! The preset sounds I mean, I couldn't program a synth if I were held at gun point.

I've seen videos of Ryan Leslie using an Alesis and that thing sounds ill. I'll just stick to my wav samples and fl studio preset synth presets shall I.

Skylar's just being annoying, i've realised. He's just taking people's words and scrutinizing them. He wasn't defending me the same way he said Mevin switched from mean mode when the other guy came all humble.

Hypocrite...

normalisboring said:
EVERYBODY's got a motif, apparently. Are they THAT good?!!! The preset sounds I mean, I couldn't program a synth if I were held at gun point.

I've seen videos of Ryan Leslie using an Alesis and that thing sounds ill. I'll just stick to my wav samples and fl studio preset synth presets shall I.

Skylar's just being annoying, i've realised. He's just taking people's words and scrutinizing them. He wasn't defending me the same way he said Mevin switched from mean mode when the other guy came all humble.

Hypocrite...
alright man. do/say what you gotta do. :cheers:

I'm going to say this... the original Motif ... was what I used to really learn how to produce. And it never let me down... I learn how to do a lot of shyt the hard way on there ...till I got pro tools..... So I'm biased..

Even my wife knows I have a close and personal relationship with both keyboards .... the XS is really good for sound design ... I have a lot move custom synth sounds then ever before... cause when I get bored ... I just start tweaking them sounds.... That was part of the reason did not have a custom drum kit ... but everything is so easy with the XS now that they got the Sound Editor that comes with it for PC and MAC ......

Last edited:
Wow. Talk about selling me the keyboard, now I want one of those lol

But seriously, i'm just an arranger. I play by ear, can't even play keys (i'm a point and click producer ... uh oh, here comes the mob lol). If I were to sell my keyboard (the Korg Propechy) work to raise da money and got $1,000 what keyboard would you recommend?

Keep in mind I make rnb/mainstream music and I want a keyboard with good preset sounds I could easily edit or change by putting on/off effects, not something I could learn how to program on (the programming shall come later, I gotta work with what I have)

Skylasarous: Ay, man you DID say I was making myself look dumb when all I was doing was passing on an observation.

Like I keep saying, I didn't come on here to fight or make no enemies. This thread could've ended a long time ago with me and Mevin going back and forth with insults, but I don't get down like that and HE obviously doesn't either even though he was rude at first.

Just put this all behind us, man, we're all chasing the same things (money, stardom, whether you'd admit it or not, appreciation), placements or not.

Hell, I don't even consider myself a producer yet. I've always said once I can crank out a hit on demand as well as make a timeless beat, then shall I deem myself worthy of the title. No, i'm not trying to be humble. That's my edge, what keeps me trying to out do myself everytime.

Back