Producers rap?

JaxBeats

What's your take on producers that rap?

Do you think that they should strictly do beats?

Is it looks down upon or something? cuz it seems like there's only a couple

If they are somewhat decent at it, i think they should.

From a business/positioning angle, a producer who raps is in a much better position than one who doesn't. Dr Dre, Pharrell and Timbaland are perfect examples of that.

As far as I rember, J.Cole sample and mix most of his own tracks. Same with Kayne.

Im a producer rapper myself, just change up your proffesions form tiem to time, like 3 days with producing only, and then 3 days writing and rapping lyrics.

RZA, J-Dilla, Kev Brown, Nottz Raw, Evidence of Dialated Peoples, Big K.R.I.T., Diamond D, Damu The Fudgemunk, Flying Lotus, Tyler The Creator, JonWayne, Pete Rock, Heavy D, Kaimbr, Oddisee, MF DOOM, Madlib, Necro, El-P, Ill Bill, Aesop Rock, Black Milk, Jay Electronica and so forth. There are more than a handful of producer/ rappers. Its just a balancing act. How much effort do i put into beats and how much into lyrics? But there will always be a producer who tries to rap or sing just like there are rapper/ singers who try to produce. Doesn't mean they all should but it's all in their creative ability though.

whats your take on a rapper that produces? in all honesty it doesn't matter to me how many things an artist can do as long as they are good at them all ^^;;

I dont understand why you guys dont rap over your own beats. Just make it bump like most club bangers and go in. If these wack ass nigglets can make it you can too, doesnt matter if youre talented at it

Depends on who it is. For example I like Kanye doing both though I prefer his production. I prefer Dre and Quik doing both but I really like Quik's beats more than his raps though I love his raps too. Then there are guys like Eminem who I prefer rapping a lot more than beats or an artist like Ryan Leslie who should never rap again and I prefer him as a producer more so than an artist but if he is going to be an artist I prefer his singing over his raps.

Big K.R.I.T is the best hybrid of all time. That nigga beats sound like his raps should be an instrument in 'em.

I used to play this on the way to work, lol...

This song is perfect. Somebody knock it.... that beat was MADE for those lyrics. If he TOOK another beat.... shit wouldn't be as tight.

IF! and I don't know... he made those beats. That dude needs more production props.

Last edited:
Big K.R.I.T is the best hybrid of all time. That nigga beats sound like his raps should be an instrument in 'em.

I used to play this on the way to work, lol...

This song is perfect. Somebody knock it.... that beat was MADE for those lyrics. If he TOOK another beat.... shit wouldn't be as tight.

IF! and I don't know... he made those beats. That dude needs more production props.

-Coach Antonio

producer who rap are dope and probaly the best musicians

Back