From producer to rapper vs rapper to producer

DjPolair

producer to rapper - kanye west

rapper to producer . eminem

just to mention one example of each, but hands down i wanna rap AND produce, you get to be more creative, more paid and you def get more probs

Both are hard to master by themselves.

I can't think of anyone that has mastered both. Kanye is the only one that saw great success doing both. And he didn't even master rapping. His beats saved him.

Dr Dre and other producers had ghostwriters.

The best option to master one really well and do the other one now and then. Just like Dre and Kanye mastered producing; and Eminem mastered rapping and occasionally produces.

I think that is what's holding J Cole back. His beats are boring. He should stick to rapping.

Both are hard to master by themselves.

I can't think of anyone that has mastered both. Kanye is the only one that saw great success doing both. And he didn't even master rapping. His beats saved him.

Dr Dre and other producers had ghostwriters.

The best option to master one really well and do the other one now and then. Just like Dre and Kanye mastered producing; and Eminem mastered rapping and occasionally produces.

I think that is what's holding J Cole back. His beats are boring. He should stick to rapping.

I agree... this is probably one of my favorite joints by him.

Big Krit pretty good at both but yeah the only one who's really doing the rapper/producer combo at a big level is probably Kanye.

Big Krit pretty good at both but yeah the only one who's really doing the rapper/producer combo at a big level is probably Kanye.

Yeah, Big Krit is good at both, but I'm not yet sure he can make a hit. Once he can do that, the we can say he's world class at both.

**** these other niglets yall naming ... I rap, make beats and strip at bachelorette parties... TRIPLE THREAT ON YALL HOES! Here is me going over a beat I made that Dr Dre jacked from me... that b!tch!

Last edited:
I never understood why people think a person who raps and produce deserves props over one that just does one or the other. It's different than R&B songwriters that can't sing as good vs the ones who write, sing, and make the music......that is real props worthy. But a guy that makes music.......and decides to rap......put out an album that does good.....then everybody praising him because he does both? Nah......just give the man props for the good songs that did just as good as the other song with three different people. Not some kind of talent trophy. A person who makes beats should be able to rap......how I see it. Not so the other way around though. And that's not to say that the producer/rapper has to be top 10 of all times.....but damn.....you making hip hop beats and telling me you never bought a pencil and pad and wrote NOT ONE SONG........and you got 5011 beats? Something ain't right with that in my book.

Back