Producer Prices?

If theres anynody who can tell me the prices that producers charge for there beats i would really appreciate it. Im fairly curious on how much the people charge.

it depends some will charge 50 bucks some will charge 500 some will charge 5000 it depends on who u are and who they are as well, if that made any sense at all....

You never know how much money you will make in a year. One year you might make $40,000, the next year you might make $5,000.
Producers make two things: Music and Sacrifices

but on another note:

entry level: $500 - $6,000
Mid level: $25,000 - $90,000
Super star: $125,000 and up

MHO anyway..

bknot1 said:
You never know how much money you will make in a year. One year you might make $40,000, the next year you might make $5,000.

but on another note:

MHO anyway..

****ING GENIUS :victory: thats it

bknot1 said:

but on another note:

MHO anyway..

VERY GOOD.. ONE THING.. THAT'S JUST A PRODUCTION FEE...
YOU STILL HAVE TO ASK FOR SOME ALBUM POINTS..(SET A POINT SYSTEM IN YOUR DEAL)

Point are workout with the label..it isnt always a done deal on that...but you are tight..i forgot to mention that..

you can get points (3%-6%) and/or ask for publishing..along with your fee :D

Last edited by a moderator:
How long is a piece of string?
If a no name producer is offered major artist work he'll do it for whatever (Free)
Once his/her name is up! the money follows......
What you really want to know is whats the difference between Pharrell's price and mine..
About £30 -£75k depending on how much Pharrell likes you.

dodge

You guys dont understand how lucky you are to live in the US. You cant sell a hip hop beat here for more than $40.

Produce the music that brings in money. Im sure if you do pop-flavored hip-hop you wont feel like too much of a sell out.

ruptured said:
You guys dont understand how lucky you are to live in the US. You cant sell a hip hop beat here for more than $40.

Where do you live and why can't u sell yours to people in the US over the net?

real good info here..this need to me moved to the Industry/legal section..so it wont get lost..

It really depends on the artists how much I'll charge. If he's really talented he might get it for free. It also depends on where the track will end up, like some mixtape or album. Usually leasing starts at $50 and exclusive depends on how much I like the beat.

Where do you live and why can't u sell yours to people in the US over the net?

UK. I've tried. I dont bother anymore, Im quits in a few months.

ruptured said:
UK. I've tried. I dont bother anymore, Im quits in a few months.

u got your grind wrong in the UK...its not bout sellin beats as a producer...

get 17 of your hottest beat, nd get as many names on it MCin as you can..then push the mixtape..

= name in the scene and quick cash...

this summer ive got 2 of the hottest comming out..

already have 1 track to be a-listed on 1xtra..

an old, sage monk once said:

"sell your beets for 1 dollar... see, if you make like 1,000 beets per month (a meen 5 minutes per beet - dats only 20 hours of work per week!!!), dats $12,000 per year!!! dats gewd mony!!! Dats wat ma boi doz n he bot his on TV n PS2!!! awas like WAAAA???~!!?!? ima cop pro tooNs n prodheuce beets 2!!!!"

Back