PMP exposed???

Abom said:
The problem is that we refuse to promote those success stories..because thats what people want...for us to sell them on the PMP. It's not gonna happen!

Rightly so man! Some people are lazy as it is.

Just search on FP for the "how do i get signed" or "how do i get a placement without leaving my computer" threads. It's disgracful! No one wants to put in the work!

DUSTY B said:
How real are these connects and contacts if ya never meet face to face ...

who said anyones not meeting with them face to face?

thats the whole point b.
i remember when bet was looking for tracks on there i didnt even submit because we were already meeting with them before they even had a 'track dump' open.
same with -alot- of other people on there.

It seems like people want to justify not wanting to pay to get noticed so they use the good ol slander tactics.

It took more effort to make this thread and try to "expose" the PMP than it would to not post this thread... so the question is why not just ignore the PMP if it's not for you instead of wasting energy trying to sway other people to use something you're to cheap to use to try to advance your career.

Damn near everybody that's in business for themselves has to spend some money to get things started. I don't care if you make greeting cards,you've gotta buy the materials even to get going.

We've got more CNN reporter wannabe's on FP than aspiring producers. Everybody is exposing somebody or something successful this week, lol.

Give it up and leave it alone, as Game would say hate it or love it.

I guess Sean Kingston and Tia Tequila will keep you dude plugging away at myspace and soundclick... where are all of the overwhelming success stories from those pages - FOR PRODUCERS.

Half of the people complaining about standing out on the PMP arent even standouts on FP.

I'm not trying to be the PMP defender because I don't have a lot of time to make music like I want to but it's there for the people that want to use it... and that's their choice. They'll come to their own conclusions if you let 'em.

All of these Geraldo's are funny, lol.

DjayCas said:
who said anyones not meeting with them face to face?

thats the whole point b.
i remember when bet was looking for tracks on there i didnt even submit because we were already meeting with them before they even had a 'track dump' open.
same with -alot- of other people on there.
I'm talkin bout the people who said oh no tracks sold yet but I've talked to a couple people.

DUSTY B said:
I'm talkin bout the people who said oh no tracks sold yet but I've talked to a couple people.

with or with out pmp
there are millions of aspiring producers in that same exact position

everyone whos ever done anything (or nothing) has been in a place where theyve talked to a few people but had nothing solid yet.
its like saying the sky is blue today.

PMP EXPOSED!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yup...you DAMN RIGHT!!! PMP EXPOSED me to ALL KINDS of heavyweights in the industry!!! PMP EXPOSED my music to levels of the industry that I had spent YEARS trying to get to!!!

PMP EXPOSED me to people coming up to me saying that they know my name, and have seen me on PMP, WHEREVER I GO!!!

You ghat damn right PMP EXPOSED!!!! They EXPOSED me to RELATIONSHIPS with the people that you need to be a success story in this game!

I would list out the people the PMP has EXPOSED me to, but people would just get mad.

These threads trip me out. The people that COMPLAIN are just mad cuz their WACKNESS got EXPOSED.

PMP...keep on getting me EXPOSED!!!!!

Abom already know what it is with me. They got my loyalty FOR LIFE.

Last edited:
PMP is the real deal. Only thing I can hope for is to get invited by a major artist to actually get in the studio and "produce" a record.

But sellin tracks? Maaaaan you have no idea. I made more than a lot of people make in a whole year working a corporate 9-5

PMP is for certain people. Aint For Me, Not Saying that It wont HElp Some People Down The Line. If It Was That Much of A Scam I Guess Folks Woulda Been Deleted Their Acount.

SleepDeez said:
But sellin tracks? Maaaaan you have no idea. I made more than a lot of people make in a whole year working a corporate 9-5

PREACH!

P.S. Your music is fire!! No wonder you're selling music like hotcakes!

Its funny that this thread is now influencing me to join pmp now. So its 50 a month? is there an annual plan? and is it 50 straight up no tax?

Thanks.

If you have quality tracks, good beats with a decent mix on em, I'd encourage you to sign up and continue to hustle. Its a great lane, but don't sit online all day waitin for PMP to make it happen unless you're in the middle of nowhere and the internet is your only option.

The PMP is 100% certified in the music business no doubt, I personally know more than a few A&R's, managers and lawyers that use the site on a regular basis. From what I understand the dudes from the PMP hold occassional network gatherings in NYC (so you can get your on the ground networking game on, give out free equipment and have basically created a PROFESSIONAL haven for producers/songwriters with the marketplace concept. I think the hate comes from those that know they can't compete or don't have enough money to play. To me its fine if the PMP is not for you because not everything is for everyone but to try to discredit the only thing i've seen on the Internet as a legitimate professional outlet is just foolishness.

at first I was like 50 bucks a month is a big price

but then I realized I spend that on fast food and gas anyways

ima sign up... when I get better..

as20gp said:
at first I was like 50 bucks a month is a big price

but then I realized I spend that on fast food and gas anyways

ima sign up... when I get better..

Spending money in this business is not up for debate. If your not spending money then your not doing business period, your just a opportunist waiting to get 'put on'. If Def Jam just decided that a Myspace page of Ne-Yo was all the promotion they need to do (since EVERYBODY is on Myspace right?????) and didnt spend any money the project would fail. So the same way you expect labels to spend money on marketing and promoting is the same way you should expect that from YOURSELF! Now the questions is where and how you spend it and if the PMP makes sense for you.

yea.. bak when I was REALLY wack (not to long ago lol) I thought it was a waste, I was the typical "all I need is myspace" well myspace is good.. its done a lot for me

but then when u look at what PMP has done for certain people.. and the type of people that utilize PMP to the fullest.

then its golden.. i'll probably be joining after the Blackout tape drops..

j.troup said:
PMP EXPOSED!!!!!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yup...you DAMN RIGHT!!! PMP EXPOSED me to ALL KINDS of heavyweights in the industry!!! PMP EXPOSED my music to levels of the industry that I had spent YEARS trying to get to!!!

PMP EXPOSED me to people coming up to me saying that they know my name, and have seen me on PMP, WHEREVER I GO!!!

You ghat damn right PMP EXPOSED!!!! They EXPOSED me to RELATIONSHIPS with the people that you need to be a success story in this game!

I would list out the people the PMP has EXPOSED me to, but people would just get mad.

These threads trip me out. The people that COMPLAIN are just mad cuz their WACKNESS got EXPOSED.

PMP...keep on getting me EXPOSED!!!!!

Abom already know what it is with me. They got my loyalty FOR LIFE.
lol Troup you act like it's the best thing ever and worth everdy damn "penny", if I wouldn't need to pay for it like someone else in this thread then I would act like that too. WTF is this about loyality, if Donald Trump would give me every month 50 dollars I'd be loyal to him like Saddam to Satan. :D

Hey Abom is there a way I can listen to other producers with my producer account. I like listening to good beats on my spare time for inspiration.

I have to sign out of my proucer account go to my buyers account just to listen to good beats. Is there a way to fix that ?

P.S. Can you send me another email on how to put my PMP logo in my FP signature lol ?

PhillePhil said:
Its funny that this thread is now influencing me to join pmp now. So its 50 a month? is there an annual plan? and is it 50 straight up no tax?

There are 3 diff options for payment...

Monthly - $50

6 Months - $275

1 year - $450 (3 months free)

I'm on the monthly purely because i'm still at uni and i can't afford to pay for the whole year or 6 months flat out at the moment. Monthly is more flexible for my current situation.

Last edited:
Back