PMP exposed???

B

BrassCity

Got this from another forum Can any verify this

"i had a pmp account before and in the first month i paid for i had problems with the site and the staff re-embursed my money. and i never ever went back...

aight.. so heres the point..!!

2 dudes from my school who are image effect/ and web developers are workin on a website that will post the top SCAM sites on the web... they are credible because they actually pay for subscriptions like normal members....

SO WHAT DID PMP DO...

well first off.. these 2 dudes are white guys who arent even in to hip hop... they posted 5 instrumental beats of them just banging on drums in no rythem at all.. (kind of like me and fabes joke battle)

and the week before their membership was tp expire... they got 4 offers on their crap beats..

they contacted the 4 offerers and GUESS WHAT...

THEY NEVER RESPONDED..

and further info led to email address not even existing... and further info led to them basically discovering that sites like PMP have automatic bots that make fake offers.. and since they are fake offers it is impossible to contact them...

its almost like ebays bots that post 1 million fake items per day...

looks like PMP has been busted for scamming people in to renewing their membership...

im not sayin that nobody can sell beats on that site...

im just sayin that your gonna get an offer even if you post a hi hat beat...

so what that being said...
"

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it. I didn't get any fake offers and I personally know alot of cats up there looking for tracks.

I will say I did go to a studio session with an artist that was in PMP's track dump that had never heard of the site. Turns out the A&R at his label was handling the dump, not the artist. I called myself "exposing them" and ended up looking like an azz.

I haven't participated in PMP debacles since.

Will say it's not for everyone. Only 1 out of every 20 people on that sight really needs to be there.

Last edited:
Legit offers can come from the site, but there is obviously a lot of baiting/ leading people on going on there. Look how Dimanche acts like he likes Jtroup so he can come hype PMP to FP, lol

ive spoke to everyone whos got intouch with me through pmp

from major acts to indie

ive never had a fake offer lol

who knows.

I've had a couple offers then when my folks respond they don't say anything but as far as sells, I've been cleaning up on PMP. I only check it like once a week too.

Yea I knew something was up with them type of websites.

BrassCity said:
Got this from another forum Can any verify this

"i had a pmp account before and in the first month i paid for i had problems with the site and the staff re-embursed my money. and i never ever went back...

aight.. so heres the point..!!

2 dudes from my school who are image effect/ and web developers are workin on a website that will post the top SCAM sites on the web... they are credible because they actually pay for subscriptions like normal members....

SO WHAT DID PMP DO...

well first off.. these 2 dudes are white guys who arent even in to hip hop... they posted 5 instrumental beats of them just banging on drums in no rythem at all.. (kind of like me and fabes joke battle)

and the week before their membership was tp expire... they got 4 offers on their crap beats..

they contacted the 4 offerers and GUESS WHAT...

THEY NEVER RESPONDED..

and further info led to email address not even existing... and further info led to them basically discovering that sites like PMP have automatic bots that make fake offers.. and since they are fake offers it is impossible to contact them...

its almost like ebays bots that post 1 million fake items per day...

looks like PMP has been busted for scamming people in to renewing their membership...

im not sayin that nobody can sell beats on that site...

im just sayin that your gonna get an offer even if you post a hi hat beat...

so what that being said...
"

nothing but hearsay.....

hearsay ? it soudns pretty much like thats what happened . unless you plan on exposing the team that exposed them .imma watch Lost now. Its thte hardest show out now ! ive been sleeping on it until recently and am currentyl downloading the last episodes off itunes and im done with season 1

Funny stuff gentlemen...

First off there's no way to get email addresses or buyer contact info (emails) for comments and offers on the pmp so I find it hard to believe that anyone (especially from the staff) would make a "fake" offer and leave a fake email...why?

If you're gonna try to shoot up the pmp you need to come better than that my friend. And to pull anything off the Roc Battle board, a dude that outright disowned hip hop music in public and is running around down south broke and searching for revenue is shameful..

Anyway you can ignore things about the pmp that might help you like the cancel button, and the fact that alot of cats are out there talkin about success. You think that attacking one the few real things on the net is gonna make you look official. I know that $50 is burning alot of dudes but trust me we don't need to fake contacts or buyer info. And we don't need to scam people for $50.

Last edited:
You know what?

I only just realised that FP has a "View All New Posts" feature.

I've been here for 3 years and i never knew that.

Cool.

this is true this is true :)

you have far more chances of getting discovered via networking i.e. my space... or simply soundclick.

"yea man, i think u right about them bots. they gotta do sumthin to try and keep dudes paying the 50 dollars every month. but I have gotten more money from PMP references than from any other website references besides myspace. so to me its still worth it. but i def see the scam side like them track dumps r a joke...."

What u think is gonna happen to this guys featured tag...just to show you that were not robots at the PMP! LOL

Back