'Notice 2 Black Artists- R&B Struggle, Radio & The Letter That Has a Industry Buzzin'

Oh and another point of clarification...

Life expectancy between 1850 and 1910 was about 50 years old at it's peak but much younger going backwards from 1910
Mapping History

Ok now that those items are clear...carry on :)

My grandfather's grandfather was born in 1880 and died in 1975.
My Grandfather was born 1925 and died 2006

Black people my ansestry, most black people lived long lives. despite persecution.

Last edited:
Yet u keeping emphasizing a connection where there was a break from religion.

Back folks have a historically close connection with the church, but that don't mean all good r&b can be attributed to the church.

You have a habit of making sweeping claims that fall under the weight of specifics.

I am showing you the ROOT of where it comes from.
Even Clive Davis said the best Soul singers were from the church

Last edited:
Oh, I know about life expectancy - I also know that it was sporadic and different for different families - going back through my family tree I can find hundreds who survived into their 80's and 90's though born in the 1820's-1870's - my Great-grandfather lasted into his late 80s (died in 81) as did my grandfather (died in 87) others made it to 100+

as for th rest I know most of the claims and counter claims for industrial revolutions and the desire by some historians to limit it to their preferred time stream so that they do not have to acknowledge other aspects which would undermine their pet theories....

I'm simply pointing out the logical fallacies in the argument presented and the underlying mendacious presentation to support an otherwise untenable position......

Actually my post played into your argument as black families most likely would have seen a higher mortality rate than whites due to the acceptability of abuse, denial of jobs and a much higher rate of low income due to varying levels of bigotry even in the larger metropolitan areas such as NY, Chicago and St Louis. (since we are talking US history for the most part)

funny: neither my grandfathers nor my grandmothers dressed up in sharp suits or ride in cars in Harlem - are you limiting your scope without defining it, again?

Again, we are talking about American Black Music.
Not Bandcoach in England or wherever you reside

American Black Music that sprung out R&B, Stop taking everything so personal, man

Last edited:
This got stupid...
Theres alot of facts being mixed with opinions on both sides...

Became a touchy subject when it wasnt intended to be... seems some ppl are trynna protect there own theories and feeling with throwin facts that agree with such...facts non the less but not entire truths...

- if u feel im talkin bout u... i prolly am

Last edited:
Actually my post played into your argument as black families most likely would have seen a higher mortality rate than whites due to the acceptability of abuse, denial of jobs and a much higher rate of low income due to varying levels of bigotry even in the larger metropolitan areas such as NY, Chicago and St Louis. (since we are talking US history for the most part)

This is not a true statement. Black people have a high endurance. The strength of the black life span was not diminished because of abuse etc.
Although many at that time wished it was so.

Last edited:
This is not a true statement. Black people have a high endurance. The strength of the black life span was not diminished because of abuse etc.

can you point to the facts and statistics that support this statement????

I would point out that you are making dangerously similar claims to those made in Europe in the 1930's about the vril and lifeforce of certain peoples in comparison to others

he is white....and even he can reconize this as a fact.
Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Mahalia Jackson, Jennifer Hudson all come from the church.
Your sample size is still too small.
Beyonce is not.
Michael Jackson is not.
Jill Scott is not.
Chaka Khan is not.

U still make sweeping claims, that is the weakness of your position.

Last edited:
Your sample size is still too small.
Beyonce is not.
Michael Jackson is not.
Jill Scott is not.
Chaka Khan is not.

U still make sweeping claims, that is the weakness of your position.

That is why "Black American Music History" is important. smh
I said SOUL singers, not Black Pop Singers.

There is a "HUGE" difference between Al Green and Michael Jackson.

By the way Chaka Khan, Beyonce & Jill Scott started in the church.

Chaka Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SmoothJazzTimes.com - Web Magazine
http://www.ask.com/question/how-old-was-beyonce-when-she-started-to-sing

Last edited:
can you point to the facts and statistics that support this statement????

I would point out that you are making dangerously similar claims to those made in Europe in the 1930's about the vril and lifeforce of certain peoples in comparison to others
All i have to do is look at my own family history and all the people my family know in our black neighborhoods.
Nobody was dying earlier.

Even the ex-slave narratives show people living long lives even after slavery was well over it.

Y'all really let him sucker y'all into a conversation over this silliness?

I guess some people just ain't been around FP long enough...

All i have to do is look at my own family history and all the people my family know in our black neighborhoods.
Nobody was dying earlier.

Even the ex-slave narratives show people living long lives even after slavery was well over it.

anecdotes are not facts

Last edited:
Y'all really let him sucker y'all into a conversation over this silliness?

I guess some people just ain't been around FP long enough...
We truly are in bad shape.... when a Black man (J.TROUP) calls a conversation about Black History and Music, silliness.
and....during Black History Month.

My God..smdh.

Last edited:
'cept of course Black history Month was invented by white folks to make themselves feel good! still doing what the man wants you to mkj

That is why "Black American Music History" is important. smh
I said SOUL singers, not Black Pop Singers.

There is a "HUGE" difference between Al Green and Michael Jackson.

By the way Chaka Khan, Beyonce & Jill Scott started in the church.

Chaka Khan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SmoothJazzTimes.com - Web Magazine
How Old Was Beyonce When She Started to Sing - Ask.com

Chaka Khan was raised Catholic, according to your link, you're saying that's the same as the gospel church
Beyonce no. Jill no.

Just because people went to the church is not the same as being from the church like Aretha.

You really need to stop.

Oh ya, Al Green found God after his lady threw grits on him when she found him cheating.

Chaka Khan was raised Catholic, according to your link, you're saying that's the same as the gospel church
Beyonce no. Jill no.

Just because people went to the church is not the same as being from the church like Aretha.

You really need to stop.

Oh ya, Al Green found God after his lady threw grits on him when she found him cheating.

I said they were from the church at that means they were exposed to the church sound.
I know what I am talking about. I lived in black hoods my whole life and there are plenty of people that went to church and knew all the songs, some did not join choir, some stayed in the audience, but they had the root.

I find it funny 2 white guys want to argue with me about MY culture, when I have it first hand basis. I LIVED it.
I did not play piano in the church , but my whole keyboard style is gospel chord based, because it was rooted in me from being around it.
I di d not learn a technique form school, It came naturally, from being around the church roots. I was from there.

The best SOUL Singers come from the church

Sam and Dave
Sam Cooke
Otis Redding
JODECI
Arron Hall
David Ruffin
Isley Brothers

Back