north & south

spontaneous

I have been hearing a lot more songs with (North) or East Coast rappers on (Down South) or Southern Beats, I was just wondering whats your take on it? please be openminded

Like I said in another thread, it just depends who it is. Nas killed it on Quick To Back Down which is produced by Lil Jon and has him on the hook but Busta,Jada and Camron sounded like crap on the Neva Scared remix. But it's vice versa too cause I definitely can't see Lil Jon and Lil Flip on a Primo track although I'd love to. Can you imagine that shyt?!!

Ive Seen Stray dogs in Brooklyn with better hygiene and grooming, compared to Lil Jon. Guy looks like aHomeless dude with Gold Teeth.

But Back on the Topic, I like the diversity.
Shows who the real Emcees are.

He may not be the best looking but he has a good ear for club (crunk) music and he in far far from homeless!!!, he is where all of us on FP aspire to be!!!

mistaox said:
Ive Seen Stray dogs in Brooklyn with better hygiene and grooming, compared to Lil Jon. Guy looks like aHomeless dude with Gold Teeth.

his cup is bad a$$ though.:)

spontaneous said:
He may not be the best looking but he has a good ear for club (crunk) music and he in far far from homeless!!!, he is where all of us on FP aspire to be!!!

Speak for yourself. I personally dont like it. Hip-hop needs diversity and originality to survive, not everyone jumpin on whats the current trend. There's a market for everything in music, and i think that catz should stick to doin themselves, not switchin. All this d!ck ridin is whats makin hip-hop just plain monotonous and uninspiring. I dont think the south should mimick east coast, and i also dont think east coast should mimick the south. Give the people some diversity please, lets keep hip-hop fresh.

kaliyl said:

Speak for yourself. I personally dont like it. Hip-hop needs diversity and originality to survive, not everyone jumpin on whats the current trend. There's a market for everything in music, and i think that catz should stick to doin themselves, not switchin. All this d!ck ridin is whats makin hip-hop just plain monotonous and uninspiring. I dont think the south should mimick east coast, and i also dont think east coast should mimick the south. Give the people some diversity please, lets keep hip-hop fresh.

I respect your black pride but you're one negative brother. You seemed to be preocccupied with rebelling against everything. I dont detect a genuine love for music from you. When New Yorkers created rap, we never said this is for East Coast heads only. You're actually contributing to the didvide and conquer mentality by making these statements. I am one of the biggest rebels but I also support my peers because it's an honest living .I have no problem with diversifying as long as it sounds good and it's a sincere effort from the artist. If you ask some of the southern O.G's like Scarface and D.OC., who they idolized growing up, they'll tell you New York rappers like LL Cool J and Rakim so its only a matter of time before the tables turn and people from other regions start to be influenced by the south.

Last edited by a moderator:
CASTLE HILL said:

I respect your black pride but you're one negative brother. You seemed to be preocccupied with rebelling against everything. I dont detect a genuine love for music from you. When New Yorkers created rap, we never said this is for East Coast heads only. You're actually contributing to the didvide and conquer mentality by making these statements. I am one of the biggest rebels but I also support my peers because it's an honest living .I have no problem with diversifying as long as it sounds good and it's a sincere effort from the artist. If you ask some of the southern O.G's like Scarface and D.OC., who they idolized growing up, they'll tell you New York rappers like LL Cool J and Rakim so its only a matter of time before the tables turn and people from other regions start to be influenced by the south.

You listen to these rap catz and got the nerve to say im "negative". ha ha, your a real funny cat.I guess you think black woman with weak minds gettin pimped is positive right. ha haah.M.C.-Im a bust a cap into your mans, Kaliyl-These black men need to stop talkin bout killin each other, Responce-kaliyl your so negative. Shut up kid.
Also, i love music, when they start doin it, let me know.
Ha haah.
You couldnt even touch my music kid, you dont got the ear or heart, you may love it, but thats not what it takes to create it.
Like i said , i dont got no problem with no ones influence , but that dont meen everybody has to have the same sound, and style.I say this because i love music in general, and hip-hop in particuler.

kaliyl said:

Personally, I've noticed that rappers stick with their style. For example most of the songs with Eastcoast/Westcoast rappers with down south beats. I don't see how Jadakiss/Busta mimmicked some southern rappers with their style. They both stuck to the way they flow on any other beat. I think most these intercoast collabs there's just different flavors mixed up in the track.

BTW, I think that Never Scared remix was dope.

"see if you can think with yo front
Like a new single, make sure you leak for a month"

kaliyl said:

You You couldnt even touch my music kid, you dont got the ear or heart, you may love it, but thats not what it takes to create it.
Like i said , i dont got no problem with no ones influence , but that dont meen everybody has to have the same sound, and style.I say this because i love music in general, and hip-hop in particuler.

Let's battle. People battled all the time back in the day. It's all in good fun. I can accept constructive criticism. We'll let other members be the judge. If you accept you cant back out. Let's submit 6 joints a piece. I dont want to be judged on one track. Just give me time to reinstall my cd burner software(wasnt compatible with windows NT) and upload to Soundclick and it's all good. None of my stuff is mixed down yet but a good ear can hear a good track despite it not being mixed down. I'm just going to assume you'll accept(you said I couldnt touch your music) and install my burner so. I'll check on your response tomorrow for details.

I'm the last person you need to speak about the perils of Black on Black crime. I live in one of the most violent cities(Oakland)and I witness this sheet everyday. I just buried my childhood friend. I said what I said because I seldom see a post where you remain positive throughout the entire post.

dj rreal said:
Like I said in another thread, it just depends who it is. Nas killed it on Quick To Back Down which is produced by Lil Jon and has him on the hook but Busta,Jada and Camron sounded like crap on the Neva Scared remix. But it's vice versa too cause I definitely can't see Lil Jon and Lil Flip on a Primo track although I'd love to. Can you imagine that shyt?!!

cant imagine them on a primo beat the final product probly wouldnt come out sounding right unless flip n jon changed up their style to fit the track

CASTLE HILL said:

Let's battle. People battled all the time back in the day. It's all in good fun. I can accept constructive criticism. We'll let other members be the judge. If you accept you cant back out. Let's submit 6 joints a piece. I dont want to be judged on one track. Just give me time to reinstall my cd burner software(wasnt compatible with windows NT) and upload to Soundclick and it's all good. None of my stuff is mixed down yet but a good ear can hear a good track despite it not being mixed down. I'm just going to assume you'll accept(you said I couldnt touch your music) and install my burner so. I'll check on your response tomorrow for details.

I'm the last person you need to speak about the perils of Black on Black crime. I live in one of the most violent cities(Oakland)and I witness this sheet everyday. I just buried my childhood friend. I said what I said because I seldom see a post where you remain positive throughout the entire post.

Im wit it. I dont got many songs DL'd on my computer. Most of the ones i do are in the process of goin on albums and i signed confidentiality agreements not to put them out there. But i found 5 i can post. im ready whenever you are. There not all hip-hop, some are R&B, some are hip-hop. Good to have some dif flavor, to see what ya can do.
p.s.- i dont sample, all done on a roland xp 60

Last edited:
I think it sounds hot. The "Quick To Back Down" track is one of my favorite tracks Nas has been on already.

kaliyl said:

Im wit it. I dont got many songs DL'd on my computer. Most of the ones i do are in the process of goin on albums and i signed confidentiality agreements not to put them out there. But i found 5 i can post. im ready whenever you are. There not all hip-hop, some are R&B, some are hip-hop. Good to have some dif flavor, to see what ya can do.
p.s.- i dont sample, all done on a roland xp 60

Alright, I'll take the first step and post first. I am gonna go to Soundclick and learn how to upload my beats. I'll get back to ya.
Yeah my beats aint mixed down either. I have some old beats that are mixed down but they're old.

CASTLE HILL said:

Alright, I'll take the first step and post first. I am gonna go to Soundclick and learn how to upload my beats. I'll get back to ya.
Yeah my beats aint mixed down either. I have some old beats that are mixed down but they're old.

Lets do it tomorrow. I'm still having that cd burner problem. My wav files are skipping. I am going to try burning to a different brand cd. If it still skips tomorrow, I'll post em anyway.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why my cd skips when I burn my tracks, please let me know. I'm using a 48 speed burner and Windows NT is my operating system.(Nero is the sofware, I am going to download the latest patch)

Back