!!no Need To Panic!!

Verbalvendetta

I think people are going over board with this "Hip-Hop" is dead thing. I think the jazz thing is "wishful" thinking. What I do agree with is that it is the PRODUCERS RESPONSIBILITY to change the game. This producer is shallow "Mr. Collipark" BUT he change it up a little bit, gave the clubs a DIFFERENT sound to bop to. It's not about going DEEPER, it's about getting different. You won't achieve anything by being less shallow or whatever you want call it. many albums contain a couple songs that are soulful and deep, bun b - trill has a track on it, lil wayne has a couple tracks etc.

Hip-Hop isnt in trouble!! It's doin great actually in my eyes. When it first began you only had a couple choices to bop to, but now you can backpack wit mos def, get gangsta wit 50 cent, get crunk wit lil john, sit back and wait for a stunning punchline for J.R. Writer or Cassidy, Peep so REALLY REALLY good production skills from Kanye etc, **** you can can kick and push on your skatebaord to Lupe!!!!!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? What do you want? I know, you want to ***** about something dont you?....

Rap is NOT in a bad state, check this **** out.... 50 Cent doesnt have a hit single out, but Lupe Fiasco is doin his damn thing with Kick Push...

When hip hop first started there WAS NOT ANY KANYE WESTS OR 50 CENTS!!! you maynot like any of them but you should respect their talent.

Well said ... :cheers: Theirs enough variety out there for everyone to find somethig and enjoy.

H&R said:
Well said ... :cheers: Theirs enough variety out there for everyone to find somethig and enjoy.

Thats true, but the only thing that I have a beef with is there is no real variety on the radio or TV... There's artist coming out that are not on the down south style, but you rarely hear them... For instance, I think Little Brother album "The Minstrel Show" was pretty good. But they dont get any radio play, and there's other artist out there that I cant think of at this time... But these program directors need to start giving people more variety and stop playing "Rock wit it" a hundred times a day. It may all come down to money, but I think radio would be so much better if they would just change it up a little more so that people know what is out there and then maybe people could understand the difference between true classic and a one week hit....

Just my 2 cents...

I disagree

The only reason you say hip hop isn't that bad right now is because you have grown accustomed to the mediocrity. I start thinking like that too, but I been watching VH1 Soul and they play all those old school classics and I'm loving it. Like I was washing dishes and Stetsasonic "All That Jazz" came on and ran in the room to turn it up. The songs back then evoked actual "fell good" emotion. Not just a monetomous beat to bump your head to in the club. I'm all for the uprising to make crunk and hyphy not go dumb but go extinct!

Mr Layz said:
Thats true, but the only thing that I have a beef with is there is no real variety on the radio or TV... There's artist coming out that are not on the down south style, but you rarely hear them... For instance, I think Little Brother album "The Minstrel Show" was pretty good. But they dont get any radio play, and there's other artist out there that I cant think of at this time... But these program directors need to start giving people more variety and stop playing "Rock wit it" a hundred times a day. It may all come down to money, but I think radio would be so much better if they would just change it up a little more so that people know what is out there and then maybe people could understand the difference between true classic and a one week hit....

Just my 2 cents...
Stop looking to radio and tv for music then ... Get out there and digg for new music the hell with radio and tv you don't like it don't watch/listen how hard is it ? I barely listen to radio or watch mtv/bet myself, I go and find the kind of music I want to listen myself I don't need either or to hear new music ... I'm tired of seeing these kind of posts ...

Back