The Next Hip Hop Divide

I dont if their is any feud but bein from the south... Lil jon is hip hop lol~~~~~~>i dont want it to be any problemz but if there are...its only because of what media plays out

The Next HIp Hop Divide

I am from the South MEMPHIS TENN; North Memphis, but I live in MARYLAND now... so I hear both sides..me personaly I love my down south rap roots... G.Boys was my frist tape i copped from the store, after that i was down with it...me i don't like that up north shoot-em up bang-bang to much, I like that pimp **** but that me but don't get me wrong some of that shoot-em up bang-bang is good. but HIP_HOP is the way you live not your music, so I will say Lil John is hip-hop just as JA Fool..I mean Ja Rule, 50, LL Cool J, Scarface, Mc Hammer....HIP-HOP is the way you live, dress, talk, walk, profrome, etc not your music..

Man I ain't even gonna lie- I USED TO HATE THE SOUTH STYLE OF HIP HOP! I mean don't get me wrong cause I was a Geto Boys,Scarface,UGK and 8Ball and MJG fan since day one. They were and still do put out quality shyt. That was the difference. Same thing with Outkast and them. But it seems like when 95 and 96 hit quality took a backseat to quantity much like today. Master P is the one who made me start hating the South shyt. Bout It Bout It was dope and I'll throw that on in a club right now and shut that muphukka down but the rest of his stuff-GARBAGE. I'm not trying to single him out either cause he spawned alot of clones that just oversaturated the market with a bunch of bullshyt ass watered down synth driven bullshyt music that how in tha phukk people were feeling is STILL a mystery to me to this day. And unfortunately that shyt influenced alot of producers AND rappers around here. I remember the funniest shyt one time was when some cats I was working with in the studio decided they wanted to branch out and get some beats from another producer from here. They came back with a tape and a sour look on they faces. They were like we tried to explain to this cat what we wanted but he couldn't grasp the idea. They was like this cat's over there makin church music and got like 5 wanna be gangstas rhymin on it!LOL. Any way Keke is the one who really got me back into checkin for the South again with Southside and I've got to admit it's only gotten better. I love the South again. Especially since we have quality again not only from the majors but also from alot of underground cats. I think that's what was really killin it for me back then-the underground cats with the bullshyt. And I even foregive P cause he redeemed himself with 504 Boys and his last album.Not all bangers but better than his previous shyt.

im from the south and always will be from the south right here in the gump of bama. There are so many up and comming rappers that when big magazines talk about "rap loosing its edge" its just with all the mainstream cats like 50, ja, ying yang, etc... There is so much talent out there that you cant even base what the south is gonna sound like until a few years from now. The south is commin up and the biggest problem with people like scarface is that unless your from the south you just see scarface for his music and not where hes from and understand hes reppin the south. Give the industry a year to bring in some new talent and im tellin ya a big majority of the hip hop we all listen too soon will be straight from the dirty.

downsouth269 said:
im from the south and always will be from the south right here in the gump of bama. There are so many up and comming rappers that when big magazines talk about "rap loosing its edge" its just with all the mainstream cats like 50, ja, ying yang, etc... There is so much talent out there that you cant even base what the south is gonna sound like until a few years from now. The south is commin up and the biggest problem with people like scarface is that unless your from the south you just see scarface for his music and not where hes from and understand hes reppin the south. Give the industry a year to bring in some new talent and im tellin ya a big majority of the hip hop we all listen too soon will be straight from the dirty.

Man you said a mouthful . That is what I am talking 'bout . If you look now the South is running the charts .

Re: Re: The Next HIp Hop Divide

DaOriginalBlade said:
I don't understand the eyeroll. I even remember KRS basically saying the same thing about Hip-Hop and how Hip-Hop is the voice of the streets.

Re: Re: Re: The Next HIp Hop Divide

BoutBeats said:

I don't understand the eyeroll. I even remember KRS basically saying the same thing about Hip-Hop and how Hip-Hop is the voice of the streets.

Definitely feel you on that.Unfortunately alot of these new schoolers ain't real. They don't feel they have to respect the pioneers and the contributions they gave. Alot of these cats have no knowledge of hip hop pre 1995. In fact mention 1995 joints to them and they call it old school. I can understand 106 and Park doing it but that's their gimmick due to demographics.That's as far as I'll take this cause I definitely will get on my soapbox about it.

True. But dude said it is NOT about the music (making a conclusive statement). That is false. If hip hop is the voice of the streets.. how is it not about the music?? Last time I checked DJing and Emceeing were 2 cornerstones of hip hop. And correct me if wrong, but that is 2 forms of music. Breakdancing is also based on moving to "music". While I agree with alot of the above statements. How can hip hop NOT be about the music??... Doesn't make sense... IE... the eyeroll... :rolleyes:

Whoops,didn't see that part at the end. Then I gotta agree on how the hell it's not about the music.Good lookin Blade and believe me I wasn't referring to you.(Guilty Concience?Just kidding,just kidding!) A whole lotta cats in general was being referred to. Go check the FP Texas thread and tell me what you think.

Hip hop was the voice of the streets....The black mans CNN...Not anymore, now its mutated into bopper shiet :( (there is some good stuff tho)

DaOriginalBlade said:
True. But dude said it is NOT about the music (making a conclusive statement). That is false. If hip hop is the voice of the streets.. how is it not about the music?? Last time I checked DJing and Emceeing were 2 cornerstones of hip hop. And correct me if wrong, but that is 2 forms of music. Breakdancing is also based on moving to "music". While I agree with alot of the above statements. How can hip hop NOT be about the music??... Doesn't make sense... IE... the eyeroll... :rolleyes:
I see you, dawg. The music is part of the elements. It's the soundtrack to the culture.

Back