Nas "Quick To Back Down"

mrjfox

Backpacker with Goldteeth
Just heard a new Nas and Bravehearts joint called Quick to Back Down. Suprisingly produced by....... Lil Jon! Nas spit with a little extra energy than he usually does. Production was the usual Lil Jon fiyah track.

I was wondering how some of yall felt about Northern artists jumpin on southern tracks. I know I love when Jada jumps on a southern track. It's like his flow was built for it. Busta rips pretty good to.

"yall all know who im better then, im a braveheart veteran!" i like this joint, lil jon always has hot beats and he didnt over do the yelling on this one too. nas ripped that ish. i really wasnt feeling them other kats though. but jada on "knockin heads off" is a banga, jada was like "its like the jungle and tha broads is fine, if we aint puffin crippy, its dat georgia pine" lol..i love that song,then styles ripped it to "i got enough guns to fill up the lennox mall and the front parkin lot"

i like some kats on the southern ish...some i dont...i liked that TI and Juelz joint too!

Sorry but I'm not feelin too many East Coast cats over the Southern tracks. I guess it just depends who it is. Quick To Back Down is really dope. I've been killin it with that cut for about 3 weeks now. Nas did a good job on that track. But I'm still trying to get used to him on it. Nas on a Lil Jon track? Who would of thought. Just goes to show that the real mc's know who's on fyahhh right now. Same way with Snoop when he grabbed them tracks from Premier. How many West Coast G Funk cats do you think were actually checkin for Primo? None probably, but Snoop changed that. I'm just glad that ppl are starting to work together again. We need the unity.

dj rreal said:
Sorry but I'm not feelin too many East Coast cats over the Southern tracks. I guess it just depends who it is. Quick To Back Down is really dope. I've been killin it with that cut for about 3 weeks now. Nas did a good job on that track. But I'm still trying to get used to him on it. Nas on a Lil Jon track? Who would of thought. Just goes to show that the real mc's know who's on fyahhh right now. Same way with Snoop when he grabbed them tracks from Premier. How many West Coast G Funk cats do you think were actually checkin for Primo? None probably, but Snoop changed that. I'm just glad that ppl are starting to work together again. We need the unity.

Amen to that. i cant wait to hear what texas has for the hip hop table. theres supposedly many different flavors to the southern style and the midwest should show and prove. i'm loving the collabos. now time for a southernr on an east coast beat. crunkness waiting to be made.

I haven't heard it i need to peep that one out nas has feel off since the jay-z thang. I've been waiting to hear something good from him

Nas fell off? Call me a Nas dickrider if you want, but Nasir Jones will always and forever be on top of S.Carter in my books.

Somebody said:
Nas fell off? Call me a Nas dickrider if you want, but Nasir Jones will always and forever be on top of S.Carter in my books.

no. you are wrong. jay-z is better. nas used to be better but that is no more. nas did "oochie wally". he straight up killa cam'ed himself with that one.

j-traxx said:

no. you are wrong. jay-z is better. nas used to be better but that is no more. nas did "oochie wally". he straight up killa cam'ed himself with that one.

Killa cam'ed himself, lol LMAO:D

You niggz always sleepin on my nigg nasir everybody say oh oochie wally was a wack track so im not messin wit em. Jay-z came out wil wack tracks and cd's just like nas. I can go down a list of nas tracks that were classics. The reason i like Nas is because he's a soldier Jay is too layed back. Nas would be ready to die 4 hip hop

justblaze said:
The reason i like Nas is because he's a soldier Jay is too layed back. Nas would be ready to die 4 hip hop

A Soldier:confused: are you serious, why cuzz he got god's son tattoed on his stomach? Man people using that word soldier loosely now days.

He's a soldie cuz just like pac he is atleast trying to change hip hop...boycotting magazines and radio stations imean c'mon many artists care about there record sales then there radio stations being crooked...think about it

justblaze said:
He's a soldie cuz just like pac he is atleast trying to change hip hop...boycotting magazines and radio stations imean c'mon many artists care about there record sales then there radio stations being crooked...think about it
WOW....a boycott!!!!! who did it hurt>? not the radio station....they stilll truckin. jay on the other hand is bringin his money to a new market and all the media moguls sit up and take notice. he will own a distribution company one day i swear!!! mark my words!!!!!!!!! nas is too busy keepin it real. he has a much different mission in hip hop. to let you know to be concious, jay-z is changing the game with what the game is manipulated by....money, and he now needs no money from the game to make his money grow. his hustle is far beyond average.....what other rapper is putting up a quarter of a BILLION dollars up to bid for a basketball team!!!!!!!!!! no one can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! none of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xept puffy. and he's doing the same thing too!!!

Ok.... Back to the original topic.

Being from the south I don't appreciate it when a artist from the north trys to ride a south beat if it's forced or a gimmick.... Especially when the south is the last place they would've flew to do a song 2-3 years ago....

An when I say forced or gimmick I mean there only doing a song together to break into each others market..... Example: Busta Rhymes doing a remix with David Banner for "Like A Pimp", Camron teaming up with Pastor Troy (of all people) for "Are We Cuttin Remix".... Yall already mentioned Nas & Lil Jon.....How about most recently Memphis Bleek did a song with Trick Daddy and T.I..<<< That sh*t wouldn't have went down last year let alone 2-3 years ago.... Oh an lets not forget after Bonecrusher broke mainstream after being in the game for 8+ years that I know of, the first thing they do is put him on a track with Busta Rhymes, Camron & Jadakiss

I''m down for being open minded and exploring new ideas but I don't appreciate the idea of being used as a marketing tool because for the past 3-4 months your cool if your from the south.

IMO: Jadakiss is the only one welcome to Atlanta... I've heard him on 3 tracks... None were singles, he came hard with GOOD verses on all of them.... he didn't email the verses to a studio via DSL to be put on a song like other artist.... he actually flew his *ss down here with pen and paper in hand, and appears to have some kind of love for the south....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its great!!! Southern producers/rappers finally gettin theirs! It broadens the horizon for both sides, and its all bout unity

il be the first to say that i dont feel most of the sh!t that comes out of the south because most of those rappers act like bufoons but the beat it hot! and nas' verse killed the track. liked the lil jon hooj to...can you call that a hook he just yelled one line through out the whole song but still is dope. il be downloading it in a minute.

texas does have some talent..i would like to hear some more GOOD rappers, i got love for flip, dont get me wrong, but he is not that good, but he been hustling in the game for a minute now, the best is ugk by far, but we know the situation with that right now...and other talent, BIG talent besides rap has come out of texas, i think she go by MS. BADU...

Back