Mtv freestyle battles

Blind Fury had a nice flow. His references to shooting someone was comical. I think he asked someone to describe Swann between battles. Swann looks like a fat backpack rapper. I think Blind Fury's street image was more suitable for the Roc. Why are they having freestyle battles then expect the artist to make songs once they're signed. Why not make it a staright rap talent show and let these rappers showcase their songs. After all that's what they're going to be ultimately judged on-how well they're songs sell. Back in the day a freestyle could be written. Krs One's I'm still # 1. Kool Moe D's How you like me Now and LL Cool J's Jack the ripper are prime examples where you bragged about your lyrical skills. Today Freesytle consists of cracking jokes on the next man. Fuking comedians.

Last edited by a moderator:
rhythm22 said:
OH did i mention how i love cam's pink and purple bandana's and what about his air force one's with the furry nike signs lol. That dude is so gay!

Nah, maybe homeboy is just metrosexual.

DaOriginalBlade said:
Blind Fury was good. But the thing with him was... he went from battle diss rhymes, to some gangsta sh!t. I'm like duke.. your blind, how are you gonna spray somebody??

He Must Have Daredevil's Powers.

they all arent roc material seriously but if you had 2 pick between swann and wreckonize

i'd pick swann in a heart beat wreckonized was kinda whack for one thing and swann's last verse was hot just made wreckonize look like fool

ayyo though i know cam fell of with that pink image and stuff but cam'ron use 2 be hot befo he got wit tha roc seriously SDE was a hot album

I agree with castle hill on this one. This freestyle battle stuff is way overrated. How many of these freestyle battle winners have made hot albums, not many if any. They should go back to talent shows and have the artist show case there songs. You can be Craig G and Supernat all you want but if you cant make a hit record you'll be freesytling in clubs and in the park all of your life.
Aslo there's nothing worse than going in the studio with a freestyler that doesnt have any written stuff. That makes for a long day and plenty of overdubs and punch ins.

swann should've won

i strongly believe swann should've won...not only cuz im from D-Town and my family live on 7 mile (same as him) they may or may not even know him. but every one of his lines were pure disses and Wreckonize's rhymes were part disses and part just talkin about himself. and Swann didnt even go up there whit no tight gear on and maybe it would be better if he did but he just went up there as himself and had sik disses and that last battle i thot Swann was for sure Swann would win but all the people that voted, only voted for Wreckonize cuz of his color and they think he is like Eminem, and i don't think they even payed attention to his rhymes too much...so Swann needa appear on the next one of those and i kno he will win...

j-traxx said:

wow. thats gankster man. if i ever seen a dude spit to country i'd pay him right there.
Country Grammer is a pretty country beat for hiphop...Nelly.

Re: swann should've won

xplosve said:
i strongly believe swann should've won...not only cuz im from D-Town and my family live on 7 mile (same as him) they may or may not even know him. but every one of his lines were pure disses and Wreckonize's rhymes were part disses and part just talkin about himself. and Swann didnt even go up there whit no tight gear on and maybe it would be better if he did but he just went up there as himself and had sik disses and that last battle i thot Swann was for sure Swann would win but all the people that voted, only voted for Wreckonize cuz of his color and they think he is like Eminem, and i don't think they even payed attention to his rhymes too much...so Swann needa appear on the next one of those and i kno he will win...
What about the first one? Didn't Reign man or whatever his name is win? He's black, did they vote for him b/c of his color? If a white guy wins people always say it's b/c of his color, he's a mixed guy anyway. He should have had black and white people on his side alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Lookie here ok...Wrek Killt it!

TwoSkillKrew said:
Sorry yall...quit dreamin bout who shoulda won it!....das right....MIAMI...def took da cake...an dropped briks of human fecal excriument on all them niccas.....

Get used tro the faces up on these Pics...cuz were allll gonna blow up!

GET USED TO IT BAAABBBYYY

A man not to bust your bubble but swann was way better shyt the blind rapper was better. But ok wreck won even tho he was weak and has no style that dude is a straight square and doesn't fit in with the rest of the roc's rappers. All thats gonna happen is that Dame is gonna give him some studio time and maybe a album, only to live up to there part of the bargain and then just push him under the rug.

HAH

Good thing he turned down da ROC.....Bro....Swan was wack...and style?....cmon man..listen to his album cuts...iight then go head...Anyways...HE won it FUK da rock!...ONE

Re: HAH

TwoSkillKrew said:
Good thing he turned down da ROC.....Bro....Swan was wack...and style?....cmon man..listen to his album cuts...iight then go head...Anyways...HE won it FUK da rock!...ONE

He turned down the Roc? This guy is dumber than i thought because his skill aint gonna get him nowhere, and yes swann style was wack too but he could flow, i wanted to slap the comb out that nappy hair mphuckas head.

Blind Fury was the only one who didnt sound like an Eminem clone. He was my fav.

wreck had a easy ride. his competition? mike menace, k-ceasar? garbage. swann was fire first round but he couldnt keep it going he lost steam every round. all that plugging done by the roc familia and i already done forgot what the hell they were plugging!

Back