The Majors ARE watching FP...

j.troup

When I was up in NYC, I spoke to alot of industry people, some of which you guys love and admire, and some people that are close to people that are frequently discussed on here...

And you know what website they were mentioning?? FUTUREPRODUCERS.com.

The majors visit here...some quite often. They see what goes on on this website. They know who the serious people are (to pay attention to), they know who the ass clowns are (to ignore). I have conversations with people about threads that were posted on here!

So just so you know...the majors ARE indeed paying attention to FP. They visit quite often. They don't have accounts, but they lurk. They read.

Just thought that you folks would like to know.

I said this awhile back

everybody said "they're to busy to be on their computers lookin at this site"

my dude actually told me to tone all my **** down

I figured as much.

Whenever I google something concerning music, FP pops up.

I'm glad the majors are lurking the forum.

They finally get to see how we the consumer feel about certain products they push, or business practices that we don't agree on.

Welcome!

Last edited:
i'm not that surprised considering the guest to member ratio at any given moment. Those people could be anybody.

Interesting. I would find it funny to end up being in a meeting with an a&r or some executive and they would mention some thread in fp.

Just a reminder to those that say they are serious about this, but get on here and act a plum fool.

FP is exposure too. Especially to those who's production names are their FP screen names.

Just a word of, i guess caution. We see FP as being a small place for us to kick it. But given that this is the biggest music producer forum on the web, it's reach is far greater than we think.

I was actually reached out to by someone through FP. I got an opportunity that I wanted, but I'm not sure if anything is going to happen at this point. Still, got my music in the hands of someone pretty big which was all that I was hoping for. I'm going to keep improving my music until one day, no one can deny what I do!

j.troup said:
Just a reminder to those that say they are serious about this, but get on here and act a plum fool.

FP is exposure too. Especially to those who's production names are their FP screen names.

Just a word of, i guess caution. We see FP as being a small place for us to kick it. But given that this is the biggest music producer forum on the web, it's reach is far greater than we think.

word, i'm not that good. But i might have to e-cement the e-feet of my name and throw it in the e-river. Start back from scratch. :o

Thats some interesting info Troup. I really find that the internet is amazing for connecting to the wider world in general. Im here in NZ where the music market just isnt suited to my style of beatmaking, so im hoping to move to the US once I finish univeristy to pursue my goals of getting big with my music. Who knows maybe FP will provide a platform from which to get noticed.

TC

Hey Troup! Thats what i've BEEN thinking!!! Some people come on here and disrespect other likeminded individuals for no apparent reason sometimes, I dont get it??? One thing that especially bothers me is whenever there is a new female producer that joins this site, there is always some nuckle head that tries to make a pass at her. Anyway, lets keep it clean and professional and help each other!

Last edited:
$ozi said:
Daz kwl man, but they aint gonna do anythin' abowt it except steal n jack our ideaz ninjaz

fighting0004.gif

Back