looptroopers in the states?//alt.hiphop

i have noticed that a lot of you guys on this forum are american
(and from a lot of other nations too, like me :cheers:), and i was wondering how many of you song composing hip hop freaks
(like myself :cheers:) are into these kinds of hip hop:

consciuos hip hop/national tongue like: common, talib kweli, mos def(blackstar) and so forth (might include gangstarr).

political hip hop(majority of political content/might be vegan:)): like looptropp, promoe, embee, Damien 'jr. Gong' Marley and so on.

dead prez could also be in here (but they are more in my classics category;)).

i write this thread because i have heard you guys talk a lot about american 'gangster' pruducers (som discuss crunk musik) and so forth. not to come at you, and say thats wrong at all, im just curious about how you feel for other genres aswell.
And for all you sampling freaks out there (or those who just worship good composing) in an alternative approach to music give me your 2 cents on biggest hip hop names in one of the two categories above, thank YOU.

peace from scandinavia...

Last edited:
Im a big fan of consiuos hip hop and all those rappers u mentioned in that list, there some of the only rappers that bring artistic and creative music to hip hop.

Give%20Respect%20Small.gif

respect

Last edited:
You'll be hard pressed to find too many Looptroop/Promoe fans in the states, even though they deserve it more than 99% of anyone, anywhere..

ed0 said:
sta ima bosanac :)

jea i listen to common talib and mos def
i tend to listen to what they say in their songs
as opposed to when i listen to for example 50cent i just mainly listen cus the music sounds nice even though i might not care too much about what they are saying (not always the case)
if you get what im saying

bh beats said:
sta ima bosanac :)

jea i listen to common talib and mos def
i tend to listen to what they say in their songs
as opposed to when i listen to for example 50cent i just mainly listen cus the music sounds nice even though i might not care too much about what they are saying (not always the case)
if you get what im saying

yeah, i do. But i tend to get chills more often, when listening to a song that is not only a brilliant/genuis beat but also is a pointer on deeper thoughts and experiences in life. I might sound corny... yeah, it sounds corny, but hey i don't care... i love this music maan...

peace and thanks for the replies fellow producers...
:cheers:

Blackstar's Theives In The Night. one of the greatest hip/hop songs.

Back