Lmafo/Far East Movement Style

poszeone

Lmfao/Far East Movement Style

i have been put to the task by a rapper i work with to try to do the type of sound as Lmfao,far east movement and dev. so, i was wonder what type of sample cs/dvd sound like this so i can learn the style. this way i can do it my way once i learn it

Last edited:
Lots of EDM type synths, hard hitting drums and 808s and lots of transition FXs. You're not going to get this sound from sample packs.

was listening to the Vengeance sounds cd/samples on soundcloud today. some of the synth stuff is cool sounding but it send a bit fast or it lacked the groove/swing.like the drum loops is just 4 to the floor at a fast bpm/tempo. all in all it is close. the arrangement is the thing i am more looking for that is why i was asking about Construction Kits.

Lots of EDM type synths, hard hitting drums and 808s and lots of transition FXs. You're not going to get this sound from sample packs.
this looks to be the way it is...i was asking for reserch so i can learn it by Construction Kits, seeing how every thing is broken down.

basically just listen to electronic and throw some hard 808s on it.Most of that stuff is 4 to the floor so the drums are not as heavy as say a normal hip hop track would be I would focus all your energy on the lead synth it makes or brakes those songs.

Pretty much what the others said. Id put the tempo around 100 or so and Get a different sounding lead synth and make something catchy out of it. Start there

It's tempo is around 120-140. And it's Dance Music. Not Hip-Hop.
And the main melody is gonna be a Lead Synth i agree. And put a String and a Pad in it also to make it sound fuller.

-Go to beatport.com
-Choose "Electro House" Genre
-Listen to a top 10 song...if you like it, go find the full version on youtube
-import it into your DAW
-mark every part so you know where the chorus, pre-chorus, verse, breakdown etc. is.
-basically use the beatport track as reference
-now make your own track

Hints:

-no 808's...you're not making trap music...electro house songs usually have short, "clicky" sounding kicks with lots of high frequency information
-don't call it trance, techno or dubstep...the genre you're looking for is called ELECTRO HOUSE.
-4 on the floor rhythm usually at 128 BPM

Soft-Synths you should use:

For White Noise Sweeps --> Use Massive
For Lead Synths --> Use Massive or Sylenth
For Stabs / Chords --> Use Massive or Sylenth
For Bassline --> Use Massive
FX ---> Massive

Last edited:
Bro just get sylenth if you don't have it already.. Look for presets with similar sounds or presets that are influenced by those artist's music and start from there..

Back