Listening to your old beats

thedon98

God is real
Doesn't it bring back funny memories! Like when u didn't know how to layer your drums and eq u would just find the weakest **** and go with that lol! My old stuff is wack lol it really is making me laugh anyone else have any similar stories ?

I'm turning my old stuff into new stuff.

My problem was good ideas, bad execution. I didn't know enough to make my ideas come out of the speakers the way they did in my head.

Noble always makes me laugh but troupe even my old ideas were bad! Lol seriously bad man i'm gonna have to post some up lol! And how do i turn this into a 20 page thread ;-)

j.troup said:

My problem was good ideas, bad execution. I didn't know enough to make my ideas come out of the speakers the way they did in my head.

Same here man, but there's certainly something about my old stuff... I can't compare it to my new ****...

Over the years my style has dramatically changed, but then again I've been making beats for about 10 years...

not only does listening to my old beats bring back memories of how wack i used to be. it also brings back to the time i made em and what was going on.

^^ Exactly, minus the wack part LOL. Well I admit, my sound selection was pretty ****ed up and my mixes sucked, but the music was always there!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^my mixes were horrible the song arrangement a joke but the funniest part was the drums lol i downloaded a kit for free of the net and all of the sounds were wack! Wait until i post some of my old stuff up u will die of laughter!

noblewordz said:
I was listening a while ago .. My old stuff is was wack, and my new stuff is wack :cry:
lmao....
I was listing to my old soundclick account....my sh!t was crazy wack....
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=659189

I used to sample every beat because I was using fruity loops and then when i bought my fantom I thought it was going to turn me into a super producer and my ish was even wacker......

Last edited by a moderator:
Man for about my first 2 years I was soooo garbage!!!! Then I went from Garbage trash cans to being weak! Then about 4 years into it, I learned more about theory and started networking locally. Which bring me to this day in time, being 8 years into it.

I went from FL demo to MP-7, and reason cool edit pro, to the MPC1000 and pro tools. Came along way, and still got many miles ahead of me.

I feel that my beats are good, but I know I'm not the best.

Wait until this "new" stuff you're doing is "old" to you... I have a track in the vault that I add to everytime something gets "old" to me. It will probably never be completed, but such is life...

j.troup said:

eggs act lee

I would need a year to remake all of my old **** that has potential.
Man I'm ****in lazy.

There was a time when i didn't even know what a metronome was i would just loop samples in fl and use the drums which nobody in their right mind use!

But now thanks to fp(seriously people underestimate the sub forums on this site like mixing and theory)i now know what a compressor and reverb eg ha ha i'll post some of my old music up today! And everybody will be able to have a good ol laugh!

Last edited:
I think sometimes it could works...I mean remaking an old beat with good ideas...because of course we hadn't the same skills some years ago, but maybe YES more or less the same talent.

I tried remaking my old tracks and just end up changing it so much it's really just a new track.

all my old stuff if its hot i go back to it and just re-do some things or completely re-do the beat and keep some elements. im good with melodies so a lot of times with my old beats there will be a melody i like but the rest of the beat wasnt so good so i just re-do it.

Back