Lets go back to MMLP2 for a second...

Honestly the first time I copped it I was like. mehhh (threw it on the backburner). Then I heard the complete album while I was working out the day before yesterday and I have to say...That album is fire! So much lirical content and his delivery on some of them are just retarded (in a good way) I'm surprised that nobody is talking about any of Eminem's new tracks. He can go toe to toe with Kendrick and probably even over him (depending on who you like more).

You gotta be kidding with that Kendrick Lamar bit right? He's a newbie rapper, he could barely keep up lyrically with Eminem on his best day SMH.

Yeah I guess so but its just Em had gotten so lame lately...I forgot all about him and I guess what I mean to say is as far as being relevant. From most hip hop blog's standpoint Kendrick seems to be "that guy" to use as a reference for current lyrical power. Plus its just and opinion homie its not that serious...

The fact he's still at all relevant at 41 in rap is pretty amazing. Die hard Stan here so really cereal. Totally cereal.

This is just basically a lyrical appreciation thread, feel with as many rap writers as we have there should be way more discussion on Eminem.

Eminem is a GOAT, but hes just not that interesting anymore.

He should revive Slim Shady, dat nigga could spit about anything and never feel guilty, or had to sugarcoat it like New Em does

Last edited:
You know it would interest me more if Eminem branched out of his shell of producers and picked up tracks from Lex Lugers, Young Chops, C Note's, Zaytoven's etc. I get tired of hearing Rick Rubin flip a Beastie Boys song, seriously.

One of the best tracks on MMLP2 with 4k views? If you currently hate Eminem listen to all the flows and wordplay on this track.

The second half of this song is some of the best sonically i've ever heard from him.

"So let these words lift, cause all I got is bars
For you dumbbells, since yours ain't working out
"

Maybe, it's just me... but this "scatting" thing he does in place of delivering real bars does not work for me. I miss the Em that didn't have to do all that to make it seem like he was saying hotter stuff than he was because he really had bars. I feel like this song was overlooked.

Don't read along with the lyrics, they're all wrong, just the best quality I could find on youtube.

Last edited:

Another track everyone seemed to forget about from a while back that i thought was dope. I guess no one got what he was saying in it.

Back