Kevin Gates...Not Much Fan Fare On FP...WTF...The Guy Music Is Dope!

FeloneusSupremeProd

FP Official Threadkiller
Been on this for a minute. Don't remember much fanfare about Gates but his stuff is on point. I'm an old head and like his music but what yall think about it? I know he was this years XXL freshman but his music is better than most of those freshman catS...IMO.

4:30am, Arm and Hammer, Angels, Smiling Faces...the boy sh!t go hard.

Kevin Gates - 4:30am

He dope......just something about it. Like Big K.R.I.T......he dope...just don't grab me as a fan. That's not saying I don't like them dudes though because they got a few songs I'll bump.

But hey.....rapping ain't shit no more really........in the mainstream world.

like I care more about "WTF did this Crunchy Black lookin MFer with plaits just say" than T.I's lyrics.......like why is T.I even on the song?

I need help.....I have let my generation down.....

Last edited:
Kevin Gates.... you're about 3-4 years late... but just like Doe B (RIP). people didn't start feeling these guys til they dumbed it down a bit

Kevin Gates.... you're about 3-4 years late... but just like Doe B (RIP). people didn't start feeling these guys til they dumbed it down a bit

I guess I should have prefaced that with he's been around a while. I guess it still makes sense since he is a 2014 XXL freshman.

I guess I should have prefaced that with he's been around a while. I guess it still makes sense since he is a 2014 XXL freshman.

that freshman list is fabricated now. whoever pays to get on it. gets it lol... 10 years in the game.... drop a new single... around the time of the cover... BOOM you got it haha

You cant blame them . They see New Orleans own Cash Money and Lil Wayne watered down making millions promoting that life and style of music. At least the older heads had Master P as a template to emulate who keep it gutter and street. Wayne and Baby look like bored nigguhs with too much money on their hands. Baby's so bored and out of touch he's 40 plus years old tatooing his head.

You cant blame them . They see New Orleans own Cash Money and Lil Wayne watered down making millions promoting that life and style of music. At least the older heads had Master P as a template to emulate who keep it gutter and street. Wayne and Baby look like bored nigguhs with too much money on their hands. Baby's so bored and out of touch he's 40 plus years old tatooing his head.

P is still a shark nigga, see

Which is a direct ripoff of

Last edited:
I see P aint changed. He's more hustler than rapper anyway. I remember him stealing many of Pac's hooks and recycling them.

Last edited:

RIP Lil Snupe... another Louisiana youngin that woulda changed the game....

RIP LIL Snupe. It's time now to dead the Lil moniker that rappers overuse;Lil Durk, Lil Boosie, Lil B as well as the originals Lil Jon, Lil Wayne, Lil Berg. These guys are capable of originality. I feel it in my heart.

Last edited:
RIP LIL Snupe. It's time now to dead the Lil moniker that rappers overuse;Lil Durk, Lil Boosie, Lil B as well as the originals Lil Jon, Lil Wayne, Lil Berg. These guys are capable of originality. I feel it in my heart.

i mean he was a young dude 18 years old.. when you from the hood you don't care what name you go by... just rolling wit what the hood call you.... you dont have a marketing team to give you some unique name for search engine optimization

i mean he was a young dude 18 years old.. when you from the hood you don't care what name you go by... just rolling wit what the hood call you.... you dont have a marketing team to give you some unique name for search engine optimization

It should come from within. Coming up with a name is part of the process of becoming a rapper. It's usually done in the introductory stages of learning how to rap unless you are a microwave artist that becomes a rapper overnight. That's why lyrics today have no substance and originality. If you cant think of something as simple as a name, how can you expect to come up with decent lyrics, new ideas and concepts. Look at the Wu-Tang. That's one example of originality and a new concept.

There is no father to his style(LOL)

Last edited:
It should come from within. Coming up with a name is part of the process of becoming a rapper. It's usually done in the introductory stages of learning how to rap unless you are a microwave artist that becomes a rapper overnight. That's why lyrics today have no substance and originality. If you cant think of something as simple as a name, how can you expect to come up with decent lyrics, new ideas and concepts. Look at the Wu-Tang. That's one example of originality and a new concept.

There is no father to his style(LOL)

i've never not listened to someone because of their name though. I'm from the South, Mississippi to be exact and usually rap names I hear are the same names that people called them in the streets. Different Folks, Different Strokes.... as long as ya music going hard... i'm pressing play

i've never not listened to someone because of their name though. I'm from the South, Mississippi to be exact and usually rap names I hear are the same names that people called them in the streets. Different Folks, Different Strokes.... as long as ya music going hard... i'm pressing play

Even if his name was Homo Thug?(lol) Just fuking with ya.

Back