Is Kanye West the man everybody loves to hate?

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
Him gives the media his consent. Notwithstanding the fact that the media knows that they can get under Kanye's skin.

He gives the media his consent. Notwithstanding the fact that the media knows that they can get under Kanye's skin.

It's been that way for a while. The media will crucify anyone who continues to respond to them, but Kanye refuses to go out without a fight.

Yes! He is extremely hard done by in my opinion. I am a huge fan of him though so maybe I am bias.
The thing that annoys me the most is that all of his hate comes from people who know nothing about him. They only know him from the article HEADLINES, the headlines alone, they don't even read the article it is frustrating, especially when I meet someone who finds out I am a fan.

Around the time when 'Bound 2' was released I overheard someone in one of my lectures say that anyone can take an existing song and write a rap to it and that it was the worst song they had ever heard. Slightly unrelated but it shows how ignorant people are towards him and the media takes advantage of that. They had obviously never heard of sampling...

This story about 'telling someone in a wheelchair to stand up' is the such a pathetic excuse for some website traffic. The video clearly shows that is not the case, he was obviously just trying to get everyone involved, when he realised the person was disabled he continued the concert straightaway. It was a spur of the moment decision to stop the song, it wouldn't have even crossed his mind about someone not physically being able to stand.

It is all just a snowball effect from the Taylor Swift incident, which I will admit was pretty bad... Though you have to admit that it would have been a joke if Beyonce didn't win that award overall (She won that category for both male and female whereas Taylor Swift just won the best female video). So now whenever he does anything, people are just waiting and expecting him to slip up.
Just imagine that wheelchair scenario with another celebrity and it wouldn't have even got talked about. Take Kendrick for example, the video wouldn't have even been posted.

His ego doesn't help him much either but he is a rapper, what do people expect? ha.

He gives the media his consent. Notwithstanding the fact that the media knows that they can get under Kanye's skin.
Not attacking you at all but what do you mean by he "gives the media his consent"?

I appreciate Kanye as an artist more than I appreciate his music (and no, I'm not one of those folks butthurt over Yeezus).
Where he at is where alot of artists strive to be, whether they will admit it or not. He's earned critical acclaim, and decent wealth basically doing him without compromise and in the process with every album, he's changed (or at least influenced) mainstream music. Kanye is basically Madonna in the '90's during her Truth or Dare days-pissing people off yet creating undeniable music. What other urban artist in the mainstream can release an album like Yeezus and still go platinum plus without major commercial radio push?

Last edited:
I appreciate Kanye as an artist more than I appreciate his music (and no, I'm not one of those folks butthurt over Yeezus).
Where he is where alot of artists strive to be, whether they will admit it or not. He's made critical acclaim, and wealth basically doing him without compromise and in the process with every album, he's changed (or at least influenced) mainstream music. Kanye is basically Madonna in the '90's during her Truth or Dare days-pissing people off yet creating undeniable music.
I am so happy that someone who (I assume?) isn't a fan of his music can see that. It wouldn't have even bothered me if said you hated him as long as you still explained what you just said. The people I can't stand are the ones that just spread hate towards him with no basis behind what they are saying.

Where he at is where alot of artists strive to be, whether they will admit it or not. He's earned critical acclaim, and decent wealth basically doing him without compromise and in the process with every album, he's changed (or at least influenced) mainstream music. Kanye is basically Madonna in the '90's during her Truth or Dare days-pissing people off yet creating undeniable music. What other urban artist in the mainstream can release an album like Yeezus and still go platinum plus without major commercial radio push?

I respect your opinion but personally I feel Ye's a douchebag. Surely nobody who downloads albums made dude platinum, or did they?

I heard from people who were on the concert that he was joking and before the video tape picked up he was being very respectful to the disabled people and that he later talked to the individual in the wheelchair and they were cool.

You gotta keep in mind the media is devilish. They always try to get the most negativity and controversy out of a story cuz that get's the most attention.

Media will be media, but you have to admit his ego contributes to it also.
His self-confidence clearly contributed to his success, but I think at a certain point he went a little overboard. I'm a big fan of everything but Yeezus (which was proof that his ego is messing with his creativity in my view)

Media will be media, but you have to admit his ego contributes to it also.
His self-confidence clearly contributed to his success, but I think at a certain point he went a little overboard. I'm a big fan of everything but Yeezus (which was proof that his ego is messing with his creativity in my view)

First of all, thank you for posting this because I LOVE this interview.

Yes! He is extremely hard done by in my opinion. I am a huge fan of him though so maybe I am bias.
The thing that annoys me the most is that all of his hate comes from people who know nothing about him. They only know him from the article HEADLINES, the headlines alone, they don't even read the article it is frustrating, especially when I meet someone who finds out I am a fan.

Around the time when 'Bound 2' was released I overheard someone in one of my lectures say that anyone can take an existing song and write a rap to it and that it was the worst song they had ever heard. Slightly unrelated but it shows how ignorant people are towards him and the media takes advantage of that. They had obviously never heard of sampling...

This story about 'telling someone in a wheelchair to stand up' is the such a pathetic excuse for some website traffic. The video clearly shows that is not the case, he was obviously just trying to get everyone involved, when he realised the person was disabled he continued the concert straightaway. It was a spur of the moment decision to stop the song, it wouldn't have even crossed his mind about someone not physically being able to stand.

It is all just a snowball effect from the Taylor Swift incident, which I will admit was pretty bad... Though you have to admit that it would have been a joke if Beyonce didn't win that award overall (She won that category for both male and female whereas Taylor Swift just won the best female video). So now whenever he does anything, people are just waiting and expecting him to slip up.
Just imagine that wheelchair scenario with another celebrity and it wouldn't have even got talked about. Take Kendrick for example, the video wouldn't have even been posted.

His ego doesn't help him much either but he is a rapper, what do people expect? ha.

Not attacking you at all but what do you mean by he "gives the media his consent"?
I'm not even that big of a Kanye fan and I have to agree. He is very uncompromising when it comes to his music. Yeezus had no advertising done for it at all. He said he just wanted to make music.
The Media loves to hate him. Honestly, you are dead on about the Kendrick thing (though I love Kendrick). I've heard some people in this forum say he's so overrated. I don't see how somebody so hated can be so overrated.
I really like his old stuff. I never thought of him as an emcee type, but that's because he's more clever in his song writing. Addiction is one of the coolest uses of a sample I've seen. Roses and Gone also hit pretty hard. Plus Two Words is a classic.

People that say he's cocky really just ignore hip-hop as a whole...There are rappers out there WAY cockier than Kanye right now.

Last edited:
We've all heard about the wheelchair incident by now. Another reason to fly off at Kanye. But is some of that hate unjustified? I swear he acts no different than most celebs but gets killed for it way worse. Radar Online | Kanye West Goes On EPIC Rant After Wheelchair Incident Backfires
Kanye West Demands Fan In Wheelchair Stand Up

I thinks the media is out to crucify him sometimes, while giving others like Ted Nugent a pass. what do ya'll think?

It's a combination of a few factors;fame, being married to Kim Kardashian, that ego, scum paparazzi, social media overkill and an industry of lazy Americans who rather make a living following celebrities all day hoping to get that one camera shot so they can sell it to TMZ. The internet has opened the floodgates to all these bootleg independent news sources. Everyone is a celebrity reporter. Kanye does suffer from narcissism though. (lol).

Last edited:
The culture of build them up and knock em down has definitely crossed the atlantic, in Britain our media wields more power than our politicians, maybe the trick is to appear as though your wearing smaller britches than the ones who exercise 'a freedom of speech' with cold malice and in calculated crucifixions. The public having a right to know things, is one thing, selective journalism is another thing altogether. Celebrity Gossip is good for business and gathers more interest than reports on noble causes, integrity becomes the casualty of profit and greed.

Kanye is just a rich snobby ******* to me.. I don't like him as a person... His actions tell me he doesn't think his shit thinks.. I don't know him as a person, but that's what i perceive him as.. He controls his actions...no one else

Back