Kanye West Destined for Legendary Status?

kanye is no where near legendary to me. i cant even identify his beats unless he's jockin one of those Body & Soul cd's from the commercials, and even then i gotta narrow it down to him & just blaze. people always wanna talk about how kanye produced for luda, alicia keys, & jay-z and he's making hits, but anything those guys touch turn to gold automatically. any one of us would have a platinum plaque if we had produced "Pop Dat Booty Like Popcorn" by Lil Jon ft. 50 Cent & B2K, no matter how tight the beat was. when kanye can start building other people's careers (or at least his own), thats when i'll be convinced. right now he just seems like he's in the right place at the right time.

and he needs to check that ego until that album drops and at least goes gold. i'm not sure if he noticed, but slow jamz was on twista's album last time i checked...

blaze did some work on the harlem world album, but if i do recall, Kanye West first came in under D-Dot, using his style, on the JD 1492 joint, with Nas, which I find funny, seeing that D-Dot used that same break for the Jody Whatley and Rakim Off the Hook remix, hmmmmmmm..(and I heard the stories about him ghostproducing)...I can distinctly remember the 2 joits he had on Harlem World....You Made Me and damn, I cant remember the other,(Harlem World gonna make me rich, Harlem world gonna take your *****....)....but my point is, how can he be "legendary" when he only realy started popin withint the last year. And Blaze was doing joints with MOP before the Harlem World joint...Im not defending Just Blaze, but before we could come close to considering any cats other than Primo or Pete Rock, or perhaps RZA maybe, or someone who been workin, AND still working for the last 8-10 years, lets save the legendary status to the vets. I mean, I aint hatin, Kayne is good, but damn, a lot of people make this dude out to be a god, in my opinion. Hes a so-so emcee, and his beats are good, but nothing that aint been done before. And dont get me started that ego dude got, gettin all reckless on mixtapes and ****......:)...lol...I'll shut up now...lol

Last edited:
The way I see it is that only Kanye himself can determine if he becomes a legend or not, the same way Biggie, 2pac and Vanilla Ice:Dhave. If he keeps making hot music and develops a quality lyrical talent than I don't see why he can't become a legend. He has already worked on legendary projects such as The Blueprint etc. He is only young and it is up too him as to how he develops.

College Dropout has not yet been released in the UK (or at least I think it ain't) so I haven't got a full opinion on the guy.

user name: none said:
i wouldnt call any producer legendary because every producer has a period of time that is HIS time. like Primo. back in the day everybody knew his name and was geeked to hear a track by him. Timbo, neptunes,blaze, and kanye, its there time now. one day they are all gonna fade in the background and some new hot producers are gonna be the thing of the moment. like Dre. to me he's faded in the bg. that dont mean he aint as hot as he once was cuz he is, its just he's not as productive. and like with preemo, he's still hot, but people favor commercial tracks and preemo has that underground feel. so just let kanye and blaze shine and up your producing game so when they take the back burner you can be the niggas shinin then. 1

Couldnt have said it better!!! I'm definitely gonna shine...I hope you guys will shine with me when the time comes!!!......anyway Kanye should just stick to producing his mc skills arent all that great...I really think he is trying to rap b/c he has the outlet and money to do so..kinda like when rappers try to act and they suck at it. They just do it because they can. That is what he is tryin to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back