Is it just me? Or do all dj mustard beats sound the same?

SMCRED

NOT TRYING TO BASH HIM ARE ANTHING BUT ALL HIS BEATS SOUND THE SAME TOO ME ,MAYBE IT JUST ME BUTT......WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK, DO YOU THINK HE'LL BE ABLE TO LAST "10 SUMMERS" LIKE HE SAID I ME LOOK AT LIL JOHN WITH THE "SNAP YA FINGAS MUSIC" THAT QUICKLY FADED OUT... I MEAN I GUESS EVERYONE HAS THERE TIME TO SHINE FOR A WHILE WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
>LOOK AT THE TWO SAMPLE VIDEOS

To be honest, I have never heard a single one of his songs and I have no interest what so ever in doing so. But I reckon it's the same as any other commercial crap out there, bland, boring and stupid.

I think your caps lock key is broken.

Last edited:
same signature sounds, different melodies. A novice might say they sound the same, but the melody and structure are different. When you hear 2 different piano tracks, do you think they sound the same?

they do, his song structure is the same, everything is the same. At the end of the day, its all bout networking and who you know. You can be the shittiest producer but if you know DJ Khaled, you will get your name out there n all dat, like DJ Mustard lol.

Some might argue he's established an identity, there's uniformity everywhere in business, take Mcdonalds as the successful business model, and you may get what I mean. In music if it works they ride the gravy train, milk it for what it's worth, deviation and originality mean jack when money changes hands. Big Macs outsell Haute Cuisine. It's the pursuit of a reliable, tried and tested recipe that hampers progression in music, major labels exec's have long since identified the methods and have the necessary means by which to manipulate the masses into making a mindless purchase.

they do, his song structure is the same, everything is the same. At the end of the day, its all bout networking and who you know. You can be the shittiest producer but if you know DJ Khaled, you will get your name out there n all dat, like DJ Mustard lol.
I Agree With you 100% it all about the networking

i think it's quite obvious they all sound the same.. people give him a lot of slack for it.. but he churns out hits so let that boy cook

he probably has a template on fl studio with that bass, that 808, that clap, that "hey" and them high hats lol

just create different melodies with the bass line synth shit ..apparently, it's his signature sound. But all the beat sounds the same. It's like timbaland, pharell and kanye had their signature, but it wasn't a sound, it was a feeling. Mustard signature is his synth 0_0

lol if you keep switching the songs every 5 seconds, you don't even realise that they are two different beats lol

I can't handle this thread after you pointed it out I couldn't look at mustard's beats the same way :/
Then again I only heard his 2chain song

I noticed that a while back. That is why I am a fan of his music. If a producer has a catchy sound, that sound should be used over and over and over and over and over again.

It is better to be remembered for 40 similar sounding songs than to be forgotten after one unique hit song. I am going back into my beats and remaking new songs from the ghosts of older songs. It is easy to rework older stuff and come up with something "new".

This beat:

​Sounds like:

Last edited:
It's that 90s house lead that he keeps using over and over again. It's actually a chord,because every oscillator is tuned differently, so it really limits what you can do with the melody and always ends up sounding kinda similar.

use youtube settings to play this song at 0.5 speed, and you'll hear a dj mustard beat :)

It's that 90s house lead that he keeps using over and over again. It's actually a chord,because every oscillator is tuned differently, so it really limits what you can do with the melody and always ends up sounding kinda similar.

use youtube settings to play this song at 0.5 speed, and you'll hear a dj mustard beat :)

That song is awesome!!! A classic song from the 90's.

The melody in "Show Me" by Kid Ink sounds a little like the melody in this song.

aye.... he still making money and artists are still buying his beats props to him:victory:
You all gave some great opinions on this thread by the way:)

It's because it is the lead from that song. Mustard even admits it.

His beats are similar, but that's what I really like about his music. You know what to expect when you click on a new DJ mustard song. "Show Me" & "My n***a" are crazy.

Btw, if you guys like his beats, check out that DJ mix I got in my sig.

Back