Jay-Z: The New G.O.A.T.?

Peso

Banned
On "What More Can I Say?" Jay says, "Pound for pound I'm the best to ever come around here/ excluding nobody/ look what I embody"

In the past, Jay has always seemed to give B.I.G. his props and in the past he said, "If I ain't better than BIG I'm the closet one"

Now Jay-Z basically says that he is the best rapper ever. What are your opinions of this? IMO with the Black Album he has solidfied himself as the greatest rapper. This album is perfection. I've never been a big Pac fan, but I think if you take Biggie, Pac, and Jay and compare each of their two best albums, because Biggie only made two, then Jay comes out on top hands down.

I think Jay is way overrated, he had one dope album and one alright album, I could think of tons of mc's that are better than him. There's krs, chuck d, kool g rap, pharaohe monch, andre300, nas, common, aceyalone. I'd take all those guys over jay, pac and biggie,

Biggie is the best of all time I don't think it gets any better than that escpecially in his like short career but jay openly admits alot that he is the best on the planet and said if big was still around I'd be the 2nd best on the planet he ain't never gonna claim hes better frank 2pac nice an all in another feild but as an emcee he ain't all that hot his hottest line was "I'm not a killer but don't push me/cuz revenge is like th sweetest joy next to getting pu$$y" but big and jay got hot lines for days there altogether just a more solid emcee

This is my view on who is the "Greatest" of all time. I never been in a conversation where someone says Jay is the greatest. They say top 5 at best, but nobody ever said Jay-Z and Greatest in the same sentence. It seems that he has to say he is the greatest, in order for him name to be brought up in the greatest list. and I'm a huge Jay fan, but he don't do it for me the way Pac & BIG do.

Jay-Z the G.O.A.T???? Not by a long shot. G.O.A.T. means that you spawn leigons of wannabes that imitate you or incorporate your style. Rakim...L.L......2pac....Dre....those r some

i listen to all of jayz cds in one day from first to last and to me he lost alot of steam....i dont care what sales say or critics say jayz aint top dog no more in the streets....THe black album is good but nothing with a big bang of a what a last albums suppose to be......i mean if i was jayz and this was my last album i would have tooking 2 years put out another doulble or better a tripple cd and i would of loaded up with a who's who and what is what of albums....like my going out party....i want everybody to remember me! 2 disk full of clabos from producers to artist to rnb and rock n pop and then a last cd of just so for those that want just jayz got that and for those who want more they got that...the black album proves jayz really dont have nothing more to prove or say but at the same time he is still great but could you really see yourself rocking jayz stuff longer then you would rock PAC or Biggie!

Jay z is alright. That remix with Punjabi Mc was kind of hurtin..................its a great song but ......damn it sounds so much like a demo, it ain't mixed or produced right. You'd expect better production since this guy is on a major label.
No way he is the G O A T, but he sure ass hell hasn't hurt hip hop.

i really hate jays new raps, if anything his gotten worse with time, and theres no way hes anywhere close to pac or biggy.

if i see one more jay-z or g-unit thread i'm gonna go crazy!:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
GamezBond said:
Jay-Z the G.O.A.T???? Not by a long shot. G.O.A.T. means that you spawn leigons of wannabes that imitate you or incorporate your style. Rakim...L.L......2pac....Dre....those r some
u forgot Eminem in that case.

There is a whole legion of uptop rappers that have borrowed from Jay-z's style. From the unknowns to the Joe Buddens. Obviously not to the same extent of a 2 pac, but a legion is a legion.

to me...i think jay z is probably the only rapper i've seen whose words give life to his mentality. it's kinda like he's saying what he's saying in his rap and if you listen closely he lets you hear what he's really thinking on some 2 second segway sh!t. it's like his rap has a mind of it's own away from him. like it could stand by itself and become another person altogether. he's hit rap from so many diff angles because he's had the time to and he was blessed to do so. he's one of the most concious rappers in the game. if he's talkin nonsense to you he'll do that lil 2 sec segway sh!t in the middle of a line to let you know he's doing it on purpose. he had to dumb down his lines over the years so peeps could understand him. he's probably the "GREATEST" at knowing how the industry is to be played. he knows exactly how much his word can do.

it's just sad that the only one who could match him in status and force his hand to really do something memorable is nas. havent seen him in a while. .....friggin sad.

Bonkerz said:
Biggie is the best of all time I don't think it gets any better than that escpecially in his like short career but jay openly admits alot that he is the best on the planet and said if big was still around I'd be the 2nd best on the planet he ain't never gonna claim hes better frank 2pac nice an all in another feild but as an emcee he ain't all that hot his hottest line was "I'm not a killer but don't push me/cuz revenge is like th sweetest joy next to getting pu$$y" but big and jay got hot lines for days there altogether just a more solid emcee

tupac not that hot??????????? lol u funny as h*ll dude
2pac the king of this rap sh*t lol any time they got schools like yale teaching a class about overstanding your songs you the greatest now we can have this convo all night who is the greatest off all time but i know NY cats gonna say biggie and westcoast cats gonna say tupac but i was born in nyc liv there for 10years
and now in the midwest. but back to the qeston is JAY the greatest of all time no!!! i say 2PAC number 1 biggie number 2
JAY number 3 nas number 4 and have time to move up in rank
but the king is pac and what half you cats fell to 2 overstand for the people who say biggie is the best is big had nyc on locked but pac had the world on lock and Japan they luv 2pac in poland they luv 2pac i know i been there it don`t come down to a coast it comes down to the world i like Jay but he is not the greatest he in the top 3

and one more thing why people hateing on jay alot now sayin has album is weak that cd is a 10 sh*t i can`t stop listenin to it and i never been a big jay fan i think this is his best album and for all you that say jay fall off or he don`t got it any more he been talking about the same **** from album 1 for the longest i just think as time turn people wanna see i fu*vkin pit bull be pulled out a hat and i think people hate cause they have no time to look after there on self. blackalbum get from me ***** yep all five

check it
BIG was nice as hell
Nas nasty wit the flow
M&M Lyrics glore
Jay Z smooth flow slick talker
But the best of all is Pac hands down.
ps I still rock Rakim, kool g rap and slick rick, albums

I don't understand how anyone could say 2pac or any of those other guys are the greatest ever. Look at kool g rap, as far as rapping skills go, he's one of the best ever. And he's one of the most influential rapperes ever, guys like jay-z, nas, biggie, big l, and all got their style from him. He practically invented the eastcoast thug storyteller type rap. Then there's chuck d. Public Enemy was one of the best and most important rap groups ever, they released some of the best hiphop albums ever(2pac was never even able to do one classic album), and there influence went beyond hiphop. Chuck D definitely had the mic skills, but his music was so much bigger than that and it went beyond just dope rapping. I guarantee that if kool g rap and chuck d got had shot and killed, people would be riding their d!cks so hard and everybody would be calling them the bests

Back