the interent has ruined music today.

water ave

this is just my personal opinion.

the internet has created a nusince to the music world and slowly savaged every genre.there are artist putting no effort in to there creations anymore.and due to piracy people have been able to observe any artist and his/her work at any given time or day.which gives the listener and ideal image of failure because the intake of music and mp3 are so over populated consumers look for more then what is being marketed because they have more to look foward to instead of cherishing the art for whats its worth.

the internet is over populated with artist who are given the impression that there is a ideal image of fame and there thoughts are milked threw the mainstream which makes them fall victim to something that dosent exist.

all works of art can be created and promoted threw the most obvious source which leads the world to believe that there is suppose to me more to music then there really is because of the constint effect and image the internet has portrait its artist to be.

music isnt supported its rather tested and forgotten.

producers/arrangers arent talented they are rather technology developed and interpolatin threw the access of the internet they are given the world.

consumers arent loyal.

the music industry foled and its because of the interent.

On the plus side, the internet has provided an alternative music source to radio and TV, which are being force fed music by the major labels.

Also, if it weren't for the internet, you and I would have our chances at financial success with music cut from a 5% chance of success to about .5%.

TechnikaL said:

Also, if it weren't for the internet, you and I would have our chances at financial success with music cut from a 5% chance of success to about .5%.

the net breeded 1 million new betamakers 3 million new rappers and 4 million new people representing the underground music scene.

the net alone for networking is your worst soucrce unless you run your own website.

other then that people consider net musicicans a joke because there are so many.

a majority of the people dont have what it takes to network out side of the net because they dont have personality and confidence.

^^^well that's their fault and that will ultimately lead to the failure of their business.

All in all, the internet changed the music industry for better and for worse. It proved that you don't really need a major deal to make money doing music. If you have a plan and some smarts, you can make more money doing your own thing than you could with a major. It doesn't matter how many new beatmakers and rappers there are. You are your only competition. Your work should be able to speak for itself, and you should know who your audience is. That, and knowing how to promote and market your work, is the key to success. Don't worry about what the next man is doing.

The internet can be your friend.

Music was spiraling downward waaaay before the mp3 came along. If you want to blame people then blame the people that support the music you don't care for.

If anything the internet can open doors for you if:

1. You have talent and business saavy.

2. A business and marketing plan.

3. A strong and dedicated business team.

I prefer 90% of the music I come across online than what I hear on the radio and tv. You just have to know where to find good music and there is a lot more good music out there than most are led to believe.

the internet also provided a voice for artists from all genre's that Viacom and Clear Channel don't associate with and that wasn't possible before for most of them. the only unfortunate part is most of the artists are garbage.

water ave said:
this is just my personal opinion.

the internet has created a nusince to the music world and slowly savaged every genre.there are artist putting no effort in to there creations anymore.and due to piracy people have been able to observe any artist and his/her work at any given time or day.which gives the listener and ideal image of failure because the intake of music and mp3 are so over populated consumers look for more then what is being marketed because they have more to look foward to instead of cherishing the art for whats its worth.

the internet is over populated with artist who are given the impression that there is a ideal image of fame and there thoughts are milked threw the mainstream which makes them fall victim to something that dosent exist.

all works of art can be created and promoted threw the most obvious source which leads the world to believe that there is suppose to me more to music then there really is because of the constint effect and image the internet has portrait its artist to be.

music isnt supported its rather tested and forgotten.

producers/arrangers arent talented they are rather technology developed and interpolatin threw the access of the internet they are given the world.

consumers arent loyal.

the music industry foled and its because of the interent.

The internet has also led to bunch of idiots who seem to not even try to use semi-proper English.

It's half and half to me..Piracy has killed the "record industry" not the "music industry",two different things.. Record industry is owned by the major conglomerates and there money is being messed with..40% more people listen to music more now then ever.. The majors want you to look at music as a "product". The internet well bring in the era of looking at music as a "service".

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, that whole post was so full of BS..

internet creates pressure for major labels to put out good music, cos people have access to cd's before they walk into store. CRAP doesn't sell that well anymore. (it's not like laffy taffy is the first crappy song out there)

for indie music, internet is the future. **** you if you can't advance on that. good music will allways find it's market. slowly, major labels will crumble into their dumbass release tactics.

1005 said:
lol, that whole post was so full of BS..

internet creates pressure for major labels to put out good music, cos people have access to cd's before they walk into store. CRAP doesn't sell that well anymore. (it's not like laffy taffy is the first crappy song out there)

for indie music, internet is the future. **** you if you can't advance on that. good music will allways find it's market. slowly, major labels will crumble into their dumbass release tactics.

Co-sign

GHAT DAMN ELECTRICITY RUINED SOCIETY!!! I tell you...people are lazy now. To f*ckin lazy to get up and chop their own wood and burn a fire to heat their homes, and give precious light.

People are getting fat because of electricity. See, before, when we didnt' have electricty, people had to walk for MILES to chop down a tree for firewood...UP HILL BOTH WAYS!! They got EXERCISE before electricity.

Electricity has bred 1 MILLION new wannabe scientists, and 3 MILLION fake ass electricians! These people are making it hard for the REAL scientists and electricians! They are watering down the craft! And you know what happens when you mix electricty and water don't you??

Electricity...it's the downfall of society.

water ave said:
the net breeded 1 million new betamakers 3 million new rappers and 4 million new people representing the underground music scene.

No...those BETAmakers and rappers were already there. The internet just made them more accessible.

The internet has nothing to do with "ruining" music. Corporate control has everything to do with the decline of musical integrity.

But then again, who says music is ruined? You know, the Motown and Elvis generations said the same thing about Rap.

Think about it.

j.troup said:
GHAT DAMN ELECTRICITY RUINED SOCIETY!!! I tell you...people are lazy now. To f*ckin lazy to get up and chop their own wood and burn a fire to heat their homes, and give precious light.

People are getting fat because of electricity. See, before, when we didnt' have electricty, people had to walk for MILES to chop down a tree for firewood...UP HILL BOTH WAYS!! They got EXERCISE before electricity.

Electricity has bred 1 MILLION new wannabe scientists, and 3 MILLION fake ass electricians! These people are making it hard for the REAL scientists and electricians! They are watering down the craft! And you know what happens when you mix electricty and water don't you??

Electricity...it's the downfall of society.

No...those BETAmakers and rappers were already there. The internet just made them more accessible.

The internet has nothing to do with "ruining" music. Corporate control has everything to do with the decline of musical integrity.

But then again, who says music is ruined? You know, the Motown and Elvis generations said the same thing about Rap.

Think about it.

how are you gona say they were already there when all it takes is a click of a mouse and download a song and a soundclick page to become a new artist?

again i said this was my personal opinion and for 2 im arguing with a thread who is full of people who are falling victim to there internet credibility.

pretty much no one in this thread is talking with common sense i could tell you guys still shop soundclick catalogues ?
or what?

if thats your ideal success out of the internet then ha feel free to continue on ... im not even gonna debate with you guys.

water ave said:
how are you gona say they were already there when all it takes is a click of a mouse and download a song and a soundclick page to become a new artist?

again i said this was my personal opinion and for 2 im arguing with a thread who is full of people who are falling victim to there internet credibility.

pretty much no one in this thread is talking with common sense i could tell you guys still shop soundclick catalogues ?
or what?

if thats your ideal success out of the internet then ha feel free to continue on ... im not even gonna debate with you guys.

Just because YOU just discovered "new" aspiring artists across the country when your mother got you a computer and high speed internet, doesn't mean they didn't exist before hand. Just like AMERICA didn't exist before euorpeans "discovered" it, right?

Contrary to your small minded belief, new artists were everywhere...they just didn't have the ease of being readily accessible until the internet. Back in the 50's and 60's, every black dude thought he could sang. Everybody and they mama had a singing group and was hanging on the corner crooning out doo-whop. The forefather of the hip hop cipher.

How many suburban kids had bands in their garage and in their basements in the 70's and 80's?

With rap, we had everybody in our hood making tapes...this was back in 84. All it took was a 4 track recorder and a drum machine. You could get those at the pawn shop if you had the money. So we had PLENTY of aspiring artists...WAY BEFORE the internet.

It's no different. The internet didn't "breed" these new aspiring artists. They have always been there. You just didn't know it because you had no means of experiencing anything beyond your close minded cul-de-sac sub division.

Your opinion is wrong. Sorry buddy.

(quote)Your opinion is wrong(quote)

pure ignorance.

half this site exist because of what? a click of a mouse and some program downloads then a free server(soundclick)

internet access and downloading breeds artist.

just because some one had a feel for music and wanted to get involved dosent mean he was always marketing music on the interent.

you have a beatmaker who wants to make beats

and then you have a rapper who wants to rap

you have a downloading program.

you have a sever like soundclick

you have now a beatmaker and a artist

every day that happens.

even people not musicaly inclined and they define what the internet calls? underground?

please (smh)

not even the topic of my thread but since u wanna mention it

Back