If you got a sec, check my beat tape (Bandcamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praise

Crate Digger/Beatmaker/
Praise.bandcamp.com

Its only 6 tracks, wont take up too much of your time, lol.

I liked "Do Work" (rewinded) and "Slap", sort of liked "Good Lovin" (didn't listen to the end.

Both I believe non-sampled.

not a fan of samples I take it, lol (or at least my sample based tracks, lol)
Thanks for checkin the tracks out.

Last edited:
1. Got a nice vibe to it. A little bit repetitive to be honest. But i really liked the drum/bass pattern.

2. Again really strong drum track..i believe you used the same bass or bass EQing on this one. I liked that chilled vibe, chopped up vocals sound really nice. I also liked the change-up at around 1:00.

3. Similar drums and bass EQing again..whats up with that?
Love the drum breaks and twists but melodic-wise not that strong.

4. That's my track right there! Head-nodding to the fullest. Shit thats what i'm talking about hah. Got that straight up oldschool-feel with nice little melodys and shit. Strongest track on that mixtape by far.

5. I liked how you chopped up the samples. Nice arrangement. Again a little bit repetitive here.

6. Really nice vibe. Nice arrangement, drums on point.

"Do work" and "Slap" are my two favorites. Banger material IMO.
Don't let some silly soundclick rapper **** up these tracks..i'm telling you. Reach out for some big guys with those ones.

Overall its a really solid mixtape/demo. It wasn't too long, it was just about enough to show what you got. Perfect length. Didn't get boring at all.
However, i was hoping to hear some more variety when it comes down to drum sounds. Your drum arrangements and breaks were on point, no question...and they did sound full and very crisp. But it seemed like you always used similar Bass/Kick/Snare drum sounds.

Overall its a really solid mixtape/demo. It wasn't too long, it was just about enough to show what you got. Perfect length. Didn't get boring at all.
However, i was hoping to hear some more variety when it comes down to drum sounds. Your drum arrangements and breaks were on point, no question...and they did sound full and very crisp. But it seemed like you always used similar Bass/Kick/Snare drum sounds.

Thanks for takin the time out to review the tape, I'm glad you liked it. Tried to keep a cohesive feel with this particular tape, more to come,

Last edited:
Sounds pro to me ,I enjoyed listening to them joints ,I really like your drums ,nice style...

Thanks alot fam! I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate that.

Did you sample those drums? Or were they part of a drum kit? If you mind me asking. Or is it all EQing?

Cuz they had a really warm and crisp sound to it. Just curious.

Did you sample those drums? Or were they part of a drum kit? If you mind me asking. Or is it all EQing?

Cuz they had a really warm and crisp sound to it. Just curious.

Thanks Aykey,

some were chopped from vinyl (breakbeats chopped up), some sampled from live drums, some were purchased from Croup (He is a monster with sound design, I've been in contact with him several times, really good guy too, great doing business with him, and his beats BANG! lol)

But all my drums get eq'd pretty extensively.

Last edited:
"Do work" and "Slap" are my two favorites. Banger material IMO.
Don't let some silly soundclick rapper **** up these tracks..i'm telling you.

I lol'd, and I concur.

not a fan of samples I take it, lol (or at least my sample based tracks, lol)
Thanks for checkin the tracks out.

No problem, really nice page and no fuss, just click and listen.

I have nothing against samples but I find that for myself and usually notice that in others work also, that it's quite hard to make the samples work without getting repetitive or just odd in some way.

I'm surprised nobody had mentioned the visualization options!!

firee bruh.

Thanks fam! Glad you liked it!

---------- Post added 04-08-2010 at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-06-2010 at 12:10 PM ----------

I find that for myself and usually notice that in others work also, that it's quite hard to make the samples work without getting repetitive or just odd in some way.

Yeah, that is the challenge when flipping samples, lol. Of course the "repetition" issue kind of dissolves once vocals & lyrics are added. That is what ultimately moves the structure of a song

Last edited:
Ok, listened again this time without laptop speakers :D :rolleyes:.
The EQ work on the drums really shows, nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back