Ice boy telling the truth about soundclick

JAMESRRTT

Are they really getting the money that they say they're getting? are they really getting the plays that they say that they're getting ? For the people who dont know who iceboy is, he used to do fl studio tutorials on youtube. Now he just drops knowledge about the music industry.

Its all speculation.
This video seems like a hype video to get some exposure to push his product. "$150 Exclusives" in the video description....
No hate, that's just how it comes off to me.....

$.02

Its all speculation.
This video seems like a hype video to get some exposure to push his product. "$150 Exclusives" in the video description....
No hate, that's just how it comes off to me.....

$.02
of course that's what it is ...I didn't watch the video but when a producer,rapper,music professional makes a video or writes a blog post it's to turn that traffic into potential customers period...
makes sales is a numbers games

If he's the highest paid producer on soundclick why cant he buy a shirt that fits...lol dude was struggling in the beginning.

Wheres his soundclick? Im interested in hearing his stuff, didnt see it on his youtube.

here's his facebook Terry 'Iceboy' Smith II | Facebook
here's his soundclick SoundClick artist: Damn Mayne Beats - - RECEIVE YOUR BEAT IN UNDER 24 MINUTES - SNIPPETS ARE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE FOR YOUR PROTECTION A

His soundclick will be fully finished later this week, he just got back online. He used to have one up before but he took a break for a couple of months to sell offline, now he's coming back.

I mean, his beats would've been "alright" without the pedestal the video put [them and himself] on, but he ain't seein shawty1 tho.

Nor any of the people he "indirectly referenced", lol. dude watched some of those Postman videos from earlier and got geeked. 'tis all.

What I don't get about soundclick.......

If a person has a million views on SC, why they don't have not even 1,000 youtube views on one video? I thought youtube had more people....plus the videos are on SC....[shrugs].

What I don't get about soundclick.......

If a person has a million views on SC, why they don't have not even 1,000 youtube views on one video? I thought youtube had more people....plus the videos are on SC....[shrugs].

I get it.

The majority of plays (that don't come from bots or some other type of gimmick) come from other producers or cats looking for freebies that don't give 2 sh*ts about the producer enough to check them out.

Soundclick sucks ass anyways! I can't find my way around that site for shit! I uploaded a track and now I can't even find it on my page or anywhere else! Shit, other peoples beats and music show up on my page like it's my shit or something!? WTF...

Break this shit all the way down.

Soundclick has 4 million people...600k bands (the irony...bands).

Now let's look at this.

4 million people (- bands)
100,000 beat makers selling beats out of 600k band members (maybe way less than that.
Producers making $30k = 25 beats a week. 1300 beats a year/producer
Even if 100 producers out of 100k were doing it like that.......that's 130,000 beats sold a year using soundclick alone.

Now...I do believe it's dudes getting it in on leases and exclusives like that. This Ice Boy dude sells exclusives for $150....says he the highest paid nigga and everybody else is a sucka. The beat ebook dude made $50k a year selling beats...(claimed he made close to $500k in 10 years). Let's say the title for Ice Boy is $50k in a year. He needs to sell 330 beats.

Let's break it down in 4 sections then.
55 people bought 1 beat.
55 people bought 2 beats.
14 people bought 4 beats
5 people bought 10 beats
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks crazy don't it? That's how I see sounclick producer's thoughts. Sitting at a computer crying and shit because nobody is biting their promotions. Then get happy as hell with a sell..get the big head.

Dude is selling 6 on a normal week
That's very believable. 6 people that he knows personally who buys a beat and records every week. $150 to a person you trust to make you beats....very believable. Imagine 10 people? 12 people like that? Now we talking.

Now....are these dudes buying beats for five years straight? Hell no....I hope not. I hope they got some mixtapes going.......all six of them. With that said....I would have built a relationship strong enough with those six people to know they releasing something.....and that gives me something to talk about on my blogs, twitter, Facebook.......FUTUREPRODUCERS...ect.

That's why I think a lot of dudes be lying they ass off and need to STFU and show something if they going to talk. This is reality not some pimp shit. If you made 50k in a year and don't have nobody's name to shout out....they ain't shouting you...they ain't got no mixtape released or releasing........why in the hell the first thing I see of you is a video complaining about people lying about the sales they make? In that got damn time I could've heard...."make sure you check out SOandSo's album on itunes........also my homeboy SuchandSuch releasing his mixtape next week.

I might be all the way wrong but that's the type of shit that make dudes look suspect.

Last edited:
Truthfully... why do people care how much money other people make off soundclick? If you aren't getting it... then focus on getting it instead of what other people are doing. My 2 cents.

Back