I need help

Are you talking about how to "accelerate" the sound of the song during a buildup or the music/drum theory in trap music? Maybe I'm not understanding the question...

Last edited:
do you mean sample placement?
Select your sound and use the piano roll or step sequencer to arrange the samples. put the kick pattern on its own track and follow pursute with other samples. the snare is usually 3/4 steps, think of it like 'Boom Boom Clap Boom' same as 1,2,3,4, like the metronome.. (the 3 being the snare, the 1 is a kick) Woah, not tring to confuse you lol every body got they own way of sequencing so look at your step sequencer grid and imagine 1,2,3,4, in terms of bars.

I know my answer is probly not what you mean, I'm not really understanding the question either, sorry.

I think he talks about the placement of the cymbal and snare in the drum pattern ?

I think the best pattern is cymbal - snare - cymbal - snare, a great example of this is in bmf

totally not sure if that's what you're talking about tho

Have you heard RWT by Big Sean?

Basically the producer is making the snare and clap hits 32nd notes and other fast notes (I heard 16 note triplets in the song as well). When a bunch of quick notes are put together it sounds a little more trap/glitchy. Did that answer your question?

Last edited:
Basically the producer is making the snare and clap hits 32nd notes and other fast notes (I heard 16 note triplets in the song as well). When a bunch of quick notes are put together it sounds a little more trap/glitchy. Did that answer your question?
I got it

Back