I Don't Listen To Rap Anymore

A few years ago, hiphop went to a direction I don't really like. First, the dirty south and then these rapping/singing/autotuning artists who literally don't rap about anything other than money and clubbing. It's not what I fell in love with

i think we all can agree on that...

i don't fault cats...

mainstream rap is makin' hip hop IN GENERAL look bad.

it's actually out of hand.

WAY too much bullshyt being pushed on a commercial level.

hip hop has so much to offer, yet, garbage gets the most airtime and spins...

ARTISTICALLY, it makes no sense.

personally, i think the bullshyt music that is getting the push nowadays does more harm than good IN THE LONG RUN.

$.02

i don't fault cats...

personally, i think the bullshyt music that is getting the push nowadays does more harm than good IN THE LONG RUN.

$.02

i think we all can agree on that...

i don't fault cats...

$.02

Then its time to rebuild from the bottom up or face total assimilation, plain and simple.

In the last half year, I enjoy my own music a lot more that anything out there.

I read some interview where DOC says "yeah man I just exclusively bump my **** all day" which I found really strange.

I mean who doesn't draw inspiration from others? Nobody.

I read some interview where DOC says "yeah man I just exclusively bump my **** all day" which I found really strange.

I mean who doesn't draw inspiration from others? Nobody.

I understand that maybe it's strange for you. But my music is definetely one of my biggest motivations. I love to listen to it.

Yes, OP I do help out in the other sections... sometimes in this section.

Didn't mean to make you mad.

One of my helpful tips was to get people to install Reaper on their iPods and to make a folder of drum kits and another for samples on their iPod by using it as hard drive and then you would never be without your beat making material... Reaper will run from a thumb drive... and an iPod... even if you don't use REAPER, never be caught without your favorite kits and vst's - put 'em on your iPod...

I'll tone it down too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qgn1Rc0YJ4

The chorus is just brilliant. "Hector was the first of the gang, with a gun in his hand/the first to do time/the first of the gang to die..".

And the instruments don't bleed over his voice, everything meshes really well. Morrissey has some of the finest producers at his disposal so must of his stuff is pretty clean.

I listen to trance and trip-hop more than anything at the moment. Hip-hop's gotten stale for me at this point. Just taking a break until some music comes along that worthwhile in me coming back to the genre. I listen to hip-hop occassionally. A little Canibus here, Slaughterhouse there, some Lupe over there, and some old favorites, but that's about it.

Two favorite tracks at the moment.

"Blacks" by Deep Care
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plO3xsEjMio

and...

"Lost Angeles" by DJ Eco (Breakfast Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTSVCFPzfJM

The breakdowns on both of these songs are incredible. At least to me.

I especially love progressive/euphoric trance because of how cleverly different sounds get woven into the song without it sounding like it was rushed into the mix as the song progresses, as well as how well-placed the transitional sounds are.

Last edited:
Recently, I haven't really listened to much music at all apart from my own. I feel like I really need to get back in touch with what others are doing

Back