Be honest !You dont like hip hop like you used 2!

I feel you bro. Since the early Eminem albums, and Dr.Dre hits, there was nothing bare rap. We need more A rappers. I recommend (altho some ppl disagree) rappers like Childish gambino, Hopsin and B.O.B. The last one can actually spit. What we also need is Dr.Dre's Detox, like whens tht thing for?

we dont need detox, we have beats headphones.
theres no such thing as detox anymore.

OK HOOKS AND CHORUSES WITH WACK ASS VERSES. THATs THE STATE OF HIP HOP. And Dont start talking to me about Kendrick Lamar and sht. DAT NGGA HAD 2 songs I liked swimming pools and that other one(whatever it was called. But honestly dude is boring as hell most of the time and you kno it! And dont get me started on that soft as Macklemore dude...oh my goodness how soft can you get .....the streets dont want that sht! Yea he sold a lot of records blah blah blah...them records got bought by emo kids and suburban america lol We need more sht like that new O.G Bobby Johnson song that sht is tight. And no I dont just like trap music n sht because honestly..... A lot of that sht sucks 2. Where's the heart at In this sht man ?....... All those Atlanta rappers just get high as hell and go in the booth and say whatever the hell they can think of.....Theres no balance....Its Either good hook with wack verses or vice versa. Take away the beat from alot this sht thats out now and it wont make sense at all my ngga...just random sht. And I know somebody go say......go look underground... f dat ish maaaan they even worse lol. And the productiom nowadays sound like the same damn beatt. And dont tell me go listen to mf doom or whoever u wanna name , and all them super duper unnecessary lyrical spitting muthasuckas. Its music not trigonometry. Im just a fan who wants some fiiiiiirrrrreeee ass music thats all. Whens the last time youve played an album all....the...way thru without skipping a track ? I'll wait.................... cant think of one huh me neither. its been years. Music doesnt have to be deep n sht nor does it have to be shallow. I JUST WANNA NOD MY DAMN HEAD ALL THE WAY THRU A RELATABLE ASS SONG. ANYBODY FEEL THE SAME OR DIFFERENT? SPEAK YOUR MIND !

Shit, i thought i was the only one! I'm 100% with you, word for word man! ****in hate Kendrick Lamar too, soft-ass new school rappers and trappers with their 60bpm slow beats, Future-hooks, no melodies, whining asses
and no lyricism whatsoever! **** all this mainstream pop shit all sounding the same, with no flow and a million pauses a minute...ugh...
What happened to the south having a distinct sound for every region? Why is everything sounding the same? Has the average IQ dropped like 100 points these days? Listening to Asap Rocky, Chief Keef, etc...it ****in has!

Good post bruh! Glad there's still people out their with good taste and ears stuck to to their heads and not their ass..

yeah i hate modern "mtv rap"... that doesnt mean i hate all hiphop. Just 5 minutes ago i bought few good old hiphop LP's: The Arsonists, Blu & Exile, Skyzoo, Illmind, etc...

You're right! I like it more, this is a great time for hip hop.

U like todays era more...??
Like i said its a lot of just rapping... which hip-hop n rapping aint the same thing

Don't get me wrong, I love me some wu tang, das efx, redman, pharcyde etc. All I'm saying is that hip hop nowadays has more substance and artistry than in the 90's. I ain't talking bout chief kerf and meek mill, im talking about the tde camp, pro era, slaughterhouse and a lot more great artists. Now, as for the other elements of hip hop, I might have to agree with you.

if I come across anythign new it is mainly more underground than anything else.

I miss: (but still listen to)
Pete Rock CL Smooth
Poor Righteous Teachers
Smif n Wessun
Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force
Doug E. Fresh
Busy Bee
Cold Crush Brothers
Funky 4 + 1
Wu Tang
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
Kool Moe Dee
Kurtis Blow
Schoolly D
Heavy D
Nate Dogg & Warren G

I could go on but that was when hip hop was in its prime if you ask me. I don;t reall touch much new even though it is rap now a days.

The things I do kind of mess with:
Astro - young kid keepin that old sound alive
Joey Bada$$
Flatbush Zombies
The Underachievers
Steez RIP
Tech N9ne's whole STRANGE label. good gym music!
Meyhem Lauren
King Mickey - unique sound

to tired to list more right now.....I am really 90% all old school though.

Speak for yourself. There's alot of new stuff that I like. You and a handful of other dudes feel that way, ya'll need to get together and create your own "I hate post 2000 HipHop Culture". The "everything is whack except the shit that I grew up on" coalition.

I did speak for myself...I like what I like...also I like music more on the beat side of things lyrics..meh not my thing as much as the rhythm.

I enjoy new music but I miss the old as well. There are a ton of new school producers that are doing it big right now that I enjoy. I do not hate anything music..I even give country a chance..sometimes

I think a lot of people fail to realize the emotional and historic side of music. We cling to a certain era because it represented a certain time in our life that we sometimes romanticize. So and so was the rapper we listened to in high school or college, etc. I think this causes us sometimes to have a certain subjective bias in terms of quality.
I can't say anyone today gives me the same feeling of when Nas, Tribe, or Wu first dropped, but there are some very respectable artists today that are carrying on that tradition.
Plus, no one ever seems to remember that there was always BS, pop driven artists who lack any type of substance. Don't forget Vanilla Ice, Hammer, and not every rapper with the WU, No Limit, or Cash Money was a good rapper. But y'all act like every artists who released an album pre-2000 was dope or everything on the radio was real.
Your mind is playing tricks on you:

Yal can gone with tha whole stuck in an era bullcrap. YOU NAME ME A RAPPER THAT Stands above the crowd right now? Who you go say............Drake lol!!!! Yeah he kills feature verses but the rest of that ish is for females man!!! The only rappers left that can turn this game back around are......... Lil Wayne, Kevin Gates, and Lil Boosie seriously these guys will leave everybody in the dust if they put forth full effort. Look up Kevin Gates(Stranger than Fiction Album)and you'll see what I mean. Every song top to bottom goes hard! Your favorite rapper cant see Gates!!!

Yeah wayne boosie and kevin gates when they wanna go hard they cant be fckd with. Whats up with this short term memory ish. Like Wayne didnt dominate 2005-2012. IF DAT MAN WANNA COME OUT SWINGING WITH SUM BANGERS....TRUST ME....HE Can!!! But like I said Kevin Gates will make your favorite rapper look silly.

Yeah wayne boosie and kevin gates when they wanna go hard they cant be fckd with. Whats up with this short term memory ish. Like Wayne didnt dominate 2005-2012. IF DAT MAN WANNA COME OUT SWINGING WITH SUM BANGERS....TRUST ME....HE Can!!! But like I said Kevin Gates will make your favorite rapper look silly.

correct the date. 05-09 was wayne really dominated. Skill wise he's fallen off. Boosie. I've never really seen the appeal of him. He's not really that great, but hey he got some loyal die hard fans. Never heard of Kevin Gates

Wayne killed on features n mixtapes.. the carter 1 was his best album to date which had ghost writers... carter 2 was ok... but after that u cnt say nothin about wayne anymore...
- hes good when hes high... after that it just nonsense

Back