Be honest !You dont like hip hop like you used 2!

OK HOOKS AND CHORUSES WITH WACK ASS VERSES. THATs THE STATE OF HIP HOP. And Dont start talking to me about Kendrick Lamar and sht. DAT NGGA HAD 2 songs I liked swimming pools and that other one(whatever it was called. But honestly dude is boring as hell most of the time and you kno it! And dont get me started on that soft as Macklemore dude...oh my goodness how soft can you get .....the streets dont want that sht! Yea he sold a lot of records blah blah blah...them records got bought by emo kids and suburban america lol We need more sht like that new O.G Bobby Johnson song that sht is tight. And no I dont just like trap music n sht because honestly..... A lot of that sht sucks 2. Where's the heart at In this sht man ?....... All those Atlanta rappers just get high as hell and go in the booth and say whatever the hell they can think of.....Theres no balance....Its Either good hook with wack verses or vice versa. Take away the beat from alot this sht thats out now and it wont make sense at all my ngga...just random sht. And I know somebody go say......go look underground... f dat ish maaaan they even worse lol. And the productiom nowadays sound like the same damn beatt. And dont tell me go listen to mf doom or whoever u wanna name , and all them super duper unnecessary lyrical spitting muthasuckas. Its music not trigonometry. Im just a fan who wants some fiiiiiirrrrreeee ass music thats all. Whens the last time youve played an album all....the...way thru without skipping a track ? I'll wait.................... cant think of one huh me neither. its been years. Music doesnt have to be deep n sht nor does it have to be shallow. I JUST WANNA NOD MY DAMN HEAD ALL THE WAY THRU A RELATABLE ASS SONG. ANYBODY FEEL THE SAME OR DIFFERENT? SPEAK YOUR MIND !

I am actually finding more than I can take in that I like right now, might not always be the most current but the underground is brimming with talent right now.

Most of the bigger names and those on the come up people keep mentioning even here I am just not impressed with. The pop side of rap has always been marginal talent with a few stellar artists making it big but most who made it big were throwaways at best.

so much talent underground.
i find too many dope unknown artists on related videos on youtube.
if you look hard enough, you'll find something you like.
you probably being lazy.
even datpiff has some dope music sometimes.
what i do when im tired of the music on my ipod is go to datpiff.com, and download like 10 random mixtapes and listen to all of them till i find a dope artist.
its alot of wack ass artists, but i do find gems in the mix at times.
sometimes 2 of the ten are dope, other times all 10 mixtapes are garbage.
recently i decided to give chief keef a chance, and found 3 or 4 dope songs from him, and i was suprised.
he got some bars in certain songs.
check "love no thotties". it might sound like garbage at first, but its an acquired taste.
also ace hood newest mixtape and french montana's newest mixtapes suprised me, they have alot of bangers on them.

The first 100 times I listened to Ha by Juve.................I didn't understand a word he said besides Ha. Everything else was "jsdhnfjsdfhnjldkshnklsfhklsfhskl...ha"! But I didn't care what he said because I loved the rhythm in how he was saying it. Same with dancehall.........I don't speak Jamaican but I love it. I love unique rhythms in rap vocals.

The first 100 times I listened to Ha by Juve.................I didn't understand a word he said besides Ha. Everything else was "jsdhnfjsdfhnjldkshnklsfhklsfhskl...ha"! But I didn't care what he said because I loved the rhythm in how he was saying it. Same with dancehall.........I don't speak Jamaican but I love it. I love unique rhythms in rap vocals.

same here.
i was listenin to some european rap shit, i think it was like swedish or german, and i couldnt understand a word, but the rhythm they was spittin in was dope as fucck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly I might like it more than I used to.

As time went on I just found different stuff to relate to.

When I was 18 I wanted to hear about violence, now I wanna hear that sh*t Drake kicks.

And I agree albums typically suck these days but why wouldn't they?

Music ain't about albums anymore, it's about performance nowadays.

As an artists why would I spend X amount of time, energy and resources on an album so everybody can go DL it for free?

And Kendrick Lamar is so OVERRATED, he just gets upped by a bunch of nerds who wish it was still 98.

Rap game has changed. Its always been quite materialistic, but jesus, now days. It's all about what u got and how much. But theres still something to listen to. Action Bronson has something.

If its not stupid AF (first name 2 last name chain) its snobbish,every nikka now is an art afficiando every lyric is about Basquiat paintings, looking down on nikkas cause they're broke what ho sh#t is that? And apparently every rapper is into gay chicks now, f#ck these snobs.

if its not stupid af (first name 2 last name chain) its snobbish,every nikka now is an art afficiando every lyric is about basquiat paintings, looking down on nikkas cause they're broke what ho sh#t is that? And apparently every rapper is into gay chicks now, f#ck these snobs.

Hiphop got these niggas insecure....lmmfao!

Last edited:
I feel like theres no love for the sh_t...
Niggas see dollar signs so they get in the game...
Do you honestly think if u asked chief keef or migos any question about hip-hop culture they could answer it...
-NO
They could tell u what a brick is... in that they like versace
Got nothin but bullshit n there head so all they spit is bullshit

PPl just want somthin to play in the strip club... in somthin they can play around other niggas while ridin so they can say...
-you aint herd that new sh_t from trash can... the verse went... b_tch hoe suck my toe.. son that sh_t is mean...
yea meaningless...

N I fully agree.. the last ppl stuff i herd that i played thru was
-action bronson
-rapsody
-curren$y
- n i hopped around earls joint...

But thats why i've been visting alot of old school n mid 90's crews music...
I need to get the felling of o sh_t... did u hear that... n im talkin after listening to the song for the 3rd time...

Shit is wack as f_ck... n i dnt even use the word wack....
-F_ck the radio n your favorite artist... they dnt love hip-hop... they just love to RAP

PS... those aint the same thing....

Last edited:
at one point in time hip hop was an urban culture of poor kids in the ghetto, which expressed themselves threw music, verse doing criminal activities for most, for most it was a way out. back then hip hip was not socially accepted, now days you here it in commercials on tv and every where. hip hop has grown and evolved and is practice all over the world. as a whole i think mc's lyrics have gotten weaker, but the producers and beat makers are the ones that are holding hip hop down. don't get me wrong their are a few cats holding it down like kendrick lamar, meek mills, push t, whale, ti, but for these few cats i named back in the days it was probably about 10 for each one of them. also when corporate america got involved in hip hop things changed this was around 1989 and going forward all of a sudden you have artist in hip hop not for the love, but only in it to make money for the big cooperations. just my two cents, but regardless i still luv her(hip hop) lol.

Listen to the way rap music has evolved though. Before it was a "gangsta" riddled genre that scared the populace; now rap music has bridged a gap between people in the world. I find some of the latest music to be off-putting and mediocre at best but it continues to draw larger crowds. My only gripe with the Rap Community now is that it revolves around the same figures every year. Granted this year we have had some break-out stars like Kendrick Lamar and (don't kill me for this) 2 Chainz; the same figures continue to dominate the rap scene; Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, and others that continually appear on tracks throughout the year. I still vibe to TuPac, Common, OutKast, and other influential lyrical rappers that produced timeless classics. Most of the tracks nowadays are throw-a-way songs that don't stay in my mind for long. I find it hard to listen to a Wayne track today and find it even harder to listen to a Jay-Z track. I guess I am just diffrent than a lot of people.

You can hear my crap at the link below.

Trell The Genius's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world

I feel you bro. Since the early Eminem albums, and Dr.Dre hits, there was nothing bare rap. We need more A rappers. I recommend (altho some ppl disagree) rappers like Childish gambino, Hopsin and B.O.B. The last one can actually spit. What we also need is Dr.Dre's Detox, like whens tht thing for?

Back