The Hip-Hopification of R&B

I'm curious as to how the incorporation of Hip Hop is affecting and has affected R&B for the worst in the current era, namely Hip Hop's misogyny aspect which is evident in songs where women are depicted as "hoes," etc. and it's effects on both artists and listeners. How did R&B become

which in turn influences

Last edited:
It's sad that we are more socially active than emotional with music today. Chicken or the egg? Did social media effect the way we make music or did the music effect the way we socialize?

Seems to me that the urban side of things don't get it......where as life goes on for the so called "CORNY" side of things that will always get attention from the "CORNY" people of the world who DO HAVE EMOTIONS. We continue to "follow the emotionless" in hopes that we "CAN GET RICH" since it "worked for them". Which is the thing that has lead urban music down the shit hole. I call this the thot generation. We focus our attention on the THOTS......not the women......which is smart from a business sense. Like attracts like. So even though women who are not "THOTS" may not "like it" they give it attention. Which leads to less attention on the music they do like...or left listening to music they always have been and missing out on what's new. Which adds to the fact the word is not spreading fast enough for people who like REAL R&B. So real R&B artist have two option.....WORK HARDER.....or stick with the THOT program.

See these young girls want to be what social media has created. They don't know how to be their self. Before the net, these were the girls who wanted attention bad enough to be a bigger ho than the other hoes they heard about so as long as they are getting attention they are O.K in life. A critical time for young women. The outcomes usually change their life.......and HELP lead "BLACK WOMEN" to being the most educated of all race and sex....due to the big fuuck ups they felt in life when they wanted that attention. Got called a ho....got a baby.....THE REAL THEM OUTSIDE OF THAT THOTNESS wanting a good life, better life but dealing with that THOT pressure. Some don't break out of that THOT cycle though. They end up 40 years old with a g string on in a video......THAT ATTENTION!!

Flip side though, these THOTS and niggas and wanna be niggas and supporters of urban music HATE corny music........... that deal with real emotions. That deal with what corny people have been used to since the beginning.

Results.............nobody can make this stuff up. We complain about the what's on the charts and forget about the world outside of the bullshit urban market. The urban market has a lot of people ignorant to the world outside of their thought process that continues to live life......outside of all the THOTness.......is that goodness of normal/corny people. This world would suck without their corny ass.

Win, win...........make those "CORNY" people like you. How do you do that? Make them HATE YOU. Make them love you.Like attracts like. They hate when you mess with their emotions....they also love you for it. They also want to be "cool"....they need a song they makes then feel they know a little something about "the urban" side of things.

Emotional THOT? win, win.

Last edited:
I mean, The artists are gonna do what they feel will attract the masses. It just came with the generation. teenagers and young adults talking about hoes and thots and how they got hoes and thots and how hoes and thots did them wrong, if that interests them, then the artists are gonna profit off of that.

I think the fusion is a good thing, its going to form a new genre soon. I think expression is expression. R&B is lovey, but every side has a other side that we don't get to see expressed.

Last edited:

The wealthier the artists become, the cornier he gets. Lil Wayne with his 101 Dalmatians swag.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to how the incorporation of Hip Hop is affecting and has affected R&B for the worst in the current era, namely Hip Hop's misogyny aspect which is evident in songs where women are depicted as "hoes," etc. and it's effects on both artists and listeners. How did R&B become

which in turn influences

There have always been both sides of the coin in R&B. You'd have the love ballads and the infatuation/I wanna get with you songs and then you'd have the songs spoken from that of a broken heart from male and female singers. Today However ghetto azz ratchetness has entered the equation. Guys are now having intimate relationships with strippers(lol) Some are even falling in love. That dont trust em song applies to many hoods across the country. In many instances the guys get with these chicks who cheat on them and then they're scarred for life and don't trust a female again. Here's an old school song where he's spurned but they still did it with a little more finesse than "B you aint s@#! or she's a female gardening tool(begins with the letter h)

There are females out there today though that are way more scandalous. I just read about a team of females who charmed their way into a hotel room and stashed the occupants rolexes in their vagina. They see guys as a means to material possessions. That has always existed too but I have definitely seen a rise in the number of incidents. As far as the guys falling in love with strippers reference. Amber Rose was a stripper and Wiz wifed that. Imagine the song, he'd make if he found her in the bed with someone else(lol). She is fine as hell though.

Last edited:

which in turn influences

In some instances the need for material possessions causes the female to kick the guy to the curb. He's now scarred for life and the vicious cycle of misogny begins. Listen to the lyrics on this old classic(lol):

If you didnt catch it they chant

"No romance without finance"

"You look good to me

but your pockets sure look empty" LOL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
There have always been both sides of the coin in R&B. You'd have the love ballads and the infatuation/I wanna get with you songs and then you'd have the songs spoken from that of a broken heart from male and female singers. Today However ghetto azz ratchetness has entered the equation. Guys are now having intimate relationships with strippers(lol) Some are even falling in love. That dont trust em song applies to many hoods across the country. In many instances the guys get with these chicks who cheat on them and then they're scarred for life and don't trust a female again. Here's an old school song where he's spurned but they still did it with a little more finesse than "B you aint s@#! or she's a female gardening tool(begins with the letter h)

There are females out there today though that are way more scandalous. I just read about a team of females who charmed their way into a hotel room and stashed the occupants rolexes in their vagina. They see guys as a means to material possessions. That has always existed too but I have definitely seen a rise in the number of incidents. As far as the guys falling in love with strippers reference. Amber Rose was a stripper and Wiz wifed that. Imagine the song, he'd make if he found her in the bed with someone else(lol). She is fine as hell though.

Normally, I'm like "fucc your opinion, benji2" but what you said here along with the Riceman is the absolute, god-honest truth.

Back